Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
G-d has clearly given spiritual headship to our men.
We women dishonor our men and disobey (even rebel against) the clear Instruction/Torah of HaShem when we insist on taking on their roles.

Upvote 0
A

aniello

We women dishonor our men and disobey (even rebel against) the clear Instruction/Torah of HaShem when we insist on taking on their roles.

Strongly agree. G-d doesn't seem to approve of mixing of fibres, crops, certain foods nor gender based roles as given and established by Him, among others, as I read it.

Reactions: rsduncan
Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
If God calls a woman to teach, she should be given the platform graciously by the men around or God will give it to her. She should not attempt to usurp it in any form or fashion.
God has set up prophetesses where it's usually a man's office, God set up a woman as a judge, again, normally a man's office. I have no doubt that He also calls women to teach more than just children and/or other women.

Even though I, personally, prefer listening to a man teach, I don't automatically assume that the female teacher is going against God's Word.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
If God calls a woman to teach, she should be given the platform graciously by the men around or God will give it to her. She should not attempt to usurp it in any form or fashion.
God has set up prophetesses where it's usually a man's office, God set up a woman as a judge, again, normally a man's office. I have no doubt that He also calls women to teach more than just children and/or other women.

Even though I, personally, prefer listening to a man teach, I don't automatically assume that the female teacher is going against God's Word.
true, there is plenty of room/opportunity and need for women to teach other women and children, but teach men, no.

Upvote 0

Arc Angel

Deus Vult!
Oct 13, 2003
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟191.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This question needs to be asked? It runs contrary to (What?) four or five thousand years of Hebraic enlightenment. There are no women rabbis in, either, the Old or the New Testaments - Nowhere, not even one! Not Hagar, not Miriam, not Deborah, not Anna, and not Esther.

From the New Testament -

‘In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.’ - (I Timothy 2:9-14)

Again -

‘But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head. But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: .......’ - (I Corinthians 11:3-5)

And finally -

‘Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith The Law. And if they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in The Church.’ - (I Corinthians 14:34-35)

Like many of us I've often seen this question rationalized in exactly the opposite direction; but, when taken as a whole and in context, there is only one correct scriptural answer. That answer is, 'No'. Christ is the head of man; and man is the head of woman. Anything else, any other interpretation, begins the, 'Adamic Rebellion' all over again.

Surely, by this late date and with the end of this system of things finally in sight we have learned and know better - Surely!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

Brother Sammy

Henaynei said:

I completely agree! But the truth is sadly today you see fewer men working in the church & more women filling in the roles that G-d clearly designated for men. It is time for men to step forward and fulfill the role as priests and spiritual heads of their households! Just as with the movie and book Courageous it is time for men of G-d to make a resolution to serve Him and be the men He calls us to be!!

Reactions: Jerushabelle
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I completely agree! But the truth is sadly today you see fewer men working in the church & more women filling in the roles that G-d clearly designated for men. It is time for men to step forward and fulfill the role as priests and spiritual heads of their households! Just as with the movie and book Courageous it is time for men of G-d to make a resolution to serve Him and be the men He calls us to be!!
Great Movie..:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Brother Sammy

visionary said:
Great Movie..:thumbsup:

I liked the movie but I made the mistake of reading the novel first there were several characters and plots missing from the movie that are found only in the book! But overall I believe the purpose of both are to point men the direction of spiritual leadership and being the men we are called out to be.

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

Please show me in Scripture, dear Sister, where God set up a Priestess in the Temple or where God set up any woman to lead men in worship before Him. You won't find it. I would never question God's sovereignty; that He can do whatever He chooses. Rather, I take Him at His word, that He does not change, and I take Yeshua's submission to the headship His Father established as example that we should follow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rsduncan

Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
✟10,402.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Please show me in Scripture, dear Sister, where God set up a Priestess in the Temple or where God set up any woman to lead men in worship before Him. You won't find it. I would never question God's sovereignty; that He can do whatever He chooses. Rather, I take Him at His word, that He does not change, and I take Yeshua's submission to the headship His Father established as example that we should follow.

What about the prophetess, judge of Israel, and wartime heroine, Deborah (Judges 4-5)? Does she count???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
4 Now Deborah, a prophet, the wife of Lappidoth, was leading/judging Israel at that time.

Was she leading men in worship before God? Was she a Priestess in the Temple? Did she lead men in worship in the synagogues? No. Her role was societal, not religious.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Was she leading men in worship before God? Was she a Priestess in the Temple? Did she lead men in worship in the synagogues? No. Her role was societal, not religious.
So you are saying a woman can speak the word of God as long as it isn't in the temple? Here is Anna doing her entire life ministry as a prophet in the temple...
Luke 2:35-37
New International Version (NIV)
35 so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.” 36 There was also a prophet, Anna, the daughter of Penuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, 37 and then was a widow until she was eighty-four.[a] She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
visionary said:
So you are saying a woman can speak the word of God as long as it isn't in the temple? Here is Anna doing her entire life ministry as a prophet in the temple...
Luke 2:35-37
New International Version (NIV)
35 so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.” 36 There was also a prophet, Anna, the daughter of Penuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, 37 and then was a widow until she was eighty-four.[a] She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying.
Bold added

this answers your own question
She worshipped, fasted and prayed. She did not teach or lead.

Upvote 0