women pastors.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
in my opinion, women being banned from pastoring men bibically is not a punishment for original sin, not because God had to pick one gender to pastor all and used Eden as a template, but our guilt in our first parents and the cirumstances of original sin makes it inappropriate.

I dont think women are more prone to deception, so that isnt a reason, but I also read the enemy chose eve due to women being more gentle and tender of heart.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This was posted in another forum. It seems to fit well here also
20992619_2061046090785102_254328259827355971_n.jpg

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus was not born in a temple. He was born in a stable in Bethlehem.
Ok but He was brought to the temple where Anna had served for many years. Her and Simion both testified that the baby Jesus was Him upon whom they were waiting.

Reactions: Zoii
Upvote 0

Apex

Radical Centrist & Ethicist
Jan 1, 2017
the South
✟40,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe God established gendered hierarchies in the family and the church. When possible, they should be followed. But these structures become impractical if followed legalistically. Just as love trumps personal liberty, love also trumps hierarchical structures.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I believe God established gendered hierarchies in the family and the church. When possible, they should be followed. But these structures become impractical if followed legalistically. Just as love trumps personal liberty, love also trumps hierarchical structures.

was my opinion bibical

Upvote 0

Amazing Horse

Aug 22, 2017
Olsztyn
✟1,950.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We are created for different things , there is nothing wrong with woman preaching gospel to show truth to somebody , but preaching in church should not happend because it's breaking laws found in Bible .

1) Woman should not have authority over man . Ephesians 5:22
2) Pastor should have wife , woman can't have wife . 1 Timothy 3:2
3) Pastor need to be head of house , woman can't be . 1 Timothy 3:4

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We are created for different things , there is nothing wrong with woman preaching gospel to show truth to somebody , but preaching in church should not happend because it's breaking laws found in Bible .

1) Woman should not have authority over man . Ephesians 5:22
2) Pastor should have wife , woman can't have wife . 1 Timothy 3:2
3) Pastor need to be head of house , woman can't be . 1 Timothy 3:4

its not about our guilt in our first parents sin i thought it was

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I just was watching a video about if women should hold spiritual leadership roles in the church. It breaks it down really well. I used to think "what's wrong with that? If she can do a good job then let her." But now I understand getting more into the Word. It's hard though, living in a world that took opportunities from broken homes to create an environment where women are now competing with men.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just was watching a video about if women should hold spiritual leadership roles in the church. It breaks it down really well. I used to think "what's wrong with that? If she can do a good job then let her." But now I understand getting more into the Word. It's hard though, living in a world that took opportunities from broken homes to create an environment where women are now competing with men.

What really gets me is the belief that Paul preaches legalism for women only. Paul is the leading authority on grace vs law. Makes no sense unless Paul meant it as a teaching of the shadow reflecting on the substance. To prove that women can't be a preacher one needs to use Paul to prove Paul. Did Paul preach law? No.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What really gets me is the belief that Paul preaches legalism for women only. Paul is the leading authority on grace vs law. Makes no sense unless Paul meant it as a teaching of the shadow reflecting on the substance. To prove that women can't be a preacher one needs to use Paul to prove Paul. Did Paul preach law? No.

The idea of women being submissive wasn't originally Paul's idea.To question Paul's view on it, it would also be like questioning why God made it law for women to submit to men in the first place, which goes way back to the garden of Eden. Idk if Paul's speech about women were also influenced by what he has seen happening to the churches he's addressing to in his letter, but Paul's teaching on women are rooted from laws already established by God.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
When we look at the bible, both old and new testaments, we realize that they emerged from an extremely patriarchal society. This society devalued women to the extent that they were not even considered to be persons before the law. Not only were they devalued but they were in many ways considered to be of inferior intellect and of a carnal nature even moreso than the male. Today we know that women are the intellectual and spiritual equals of men and in every other respect except physical size and strength. Jesus himslf seems to gave been largely gender blind in that he numbered women among his disciples and apostles and even close friends. Paul, at first, appears conflicted until we realize that the pastoral epistles (1 and 2 Timothy and Titus) were actually written pseudonomously some 60 years after Paul's death. This was more than enough time for patriarchy to once again take charge. In my personal opinion patriarchy just might be the ugliest evil that humanity has ever inflicted on itself. It still exerts its malevolent influence in some circles even today. As a Christian I am convinced that we should make every effort to ensure the full equality of women in every aspect of the life of our churches and in society at large. Any organization, religious or secular and including marriage, that fails to include women in leadership roles right up to the very top is guilty of several evils. First, it is the insult to the women themselves by viewing them as less worthy. Second, it is the insult to God by denigrating half of God’s creation. If we continue to treat women in this way, then the human race is condemned to stand on one foot, see with one eye, hear with one ear and think with one half the human mind ---- and it shows.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The idea of women being submissive wasn't originally Paul's idea.To question Paul's view on it, it would also be like questioning why God made it law for women to submit to men in the first place, which goes way back to the garden of Eden. Idk if Paul's speech about women were also influenced by what he has seen happening to the churches he's addressing to in his letter, but Paul's teaching on women are rooted from laws already established by God.
Well better digging trenches than ditches I always say ....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus himself seems to gave been largely gender blind in that he numbered women among his disciples and apostles and even close friends.

Jesus had female disciples? As in part of the 12 disciples that followed him?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Jesus had female disciples?

He certainly did.

As in part of the 12 disciples that followed him?

There were far more than twelve and many were women. The early church even regarded Mary Magdalene as "The apostle to the apostles".

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
He certainly did.
There were far more than twelve and many were women. The early church even regarded Mary Magdalene as "The apostle to the apostles".

So then how come the other disciples didn't name them, nor consider Mary Magdalene as one? According to at least three of them, there were 12 and I don't see any females in the list (Matthew 10:1-4; Mark 3:13-19; Luke 6:12-16)

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
So then how come the other disciples didn't name them, nor consider Mary Magdalene as one? According to at least three of them, there were 12 and I don't see any females in the list (Matthew 10:1-4; Mark 3:13-19; Luke 6:12-16)

You asked about disciples not apostles.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You asked about disciples not apostles.

They were made apostles, but they were still disciples. Its still the same 12 people. But now im questioning how come out of all the disciples that existed outside the 12 ( i gotta look more into that), why only these set were made apostles? Why Mary Madgelene was only an apostle of the apostles, and not an apostle?

Upvote 0