Women pastors, the spirit of whoredom

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If the law is of God then it is unchanging and unbending. It is permanent and fixed... it is absolute and unchanging.

We know that it is not. The sacrificial laws are gone. The cleanliness laws are gone. The Sabbath laws are gone. The temple laws are gone.
Laws are from man. Grace is from God.

*cough*

The Laws are not gone as you say.
Well maybe for you and many others they are. But I can tell you for fact that the Laws remained and continue to this day. That the Apsotles practiced these Laws.

Did you know Christians continued to observe the Sabath on Saturday until the Jews kicked them out of the Temple(or rooughly that time period) and then the Christians observed the Sabbath on Sunday in recognition of Jesus and his resurrection.

THEN as to the sacrifice... what do you think Jesus was doing at the Last Supper and is written in John 6? This IS the sacrifice and you best believe that because Jesus died for you and me and all of us through out time from the beginning until the end. This IS what the church has taught since 30 AD until today. If you beleive the Eucharist is not the actual body of Christ at Calvary and his sacrifice for us and that the daily bread is indeed his flesh then you are of a group that did NOT exist until this so called "Reformation" in the 16th century. Even then Luther would have told you it is the Flesh and a sacrifice. THAT is why we have Bishops and Priests.

Ignorance is NO excuse here.

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
*cough*

The Laws are not gone as you say.
Well maybe for you and many others they are. But I can tell you for fact that the Laws remained and continue to this day. That the Apsotles practiced these Laws.

Did you know Christians continued to observe the Sabath on Saturday until the Jews kicked them out of the Temple(or rooughly that time period) and then the Christians observed the Sabbath on Sunday in recognition of Jesus and his resurrection.

THEN as to the sacrifice... what do you think Jesus was doing at the Last Supper and is written in John 6? This IS the sacrifice and you best believe that because Jesus died for you and me and all of us through out time from the beginning until the end. This IS what the church has taught since 30 AD until today. If you beleive the Eucharist is not the actual body of Christ at Calvary and his sacrifice for us and that the daily bread is indeed his flesh then you are of a group that did NOT exist until this so called "Reformation" in the 16th century. Even then Luther would have told you it is the Flesh and a sacrifice. THAT is why we have Bishops and Priests.

Ignorance is NO excuse here.
And pray tell, why should I be bound to laws that do not apply to me? I am not bound by English law, nor German or Islamic law... why should I be bound by Jewish law?

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is not that he was a Pharisees because some of the Pharisees were fine. But it was the hypocrites that acted out the Law but their hearts were sinful. Maybe that is why Jesus said to clean the inside and the outside will follow.
That is not what Jesus said.
Jesus said love the Lord you God with all your heart and souls and strength and your neighbor as your self. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets...

How did he do that? Those aren't part of the Ten Commandments! Where did he get them? They aren't in Leviticus or Deuteronomy. They aren't in Psalms or Proverbs. Maybe Jesus recognizes a different set of law then the Hebrew records.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If you refuse to even consider the alternatives available... how do you know?

Truth is only truth in comparison to falsehood

There is no such worthy alternative. The Word of God is a living document.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Right...

So murder is acceptible and we have no laws or repercusions we can all do as we please. Right?

After all isn't that what society is teaching us today?

Heck a pregnant can kill her unborn child and society says it is OK.

Yes, your thinking that there are no laws is a good one. (SARCASM)

Don't be so simpleminded. You know we are not discussing the Law of the 10 commandments, now, don't you?

Stick to the topic, please.

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is no such worthy alternative. The Word of God is a living document.
I hate to point out your obvious error, but The Word of God is not a document at all. The Word of God is ALWAYS spoken. Look it up. Every time The Bible talks about the Word of God, it is spoken or heard... not written. Even John, when he talks about the Logos, he is not talking about anything written, he makes an allusion to the spoken word of God at creation, and how Jesus is that Logos.
When they refer to written things they use a small mundane word in both Hebrew and Greek..."writings" (scripture).

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, God is not, but you are.

That couldn't be more false but you probably judge others as you understand scripture. That is without reason and based on emotion and personal wants.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And pray tell, why should I be bound to laws that do not apply to me? I am not bound by English law, nor German or Islamic law... why should I be bound by Jewish law?

No one is bound to follow laws that is why we have free will.

Even the devil does not have to follow the laws. But God may not allow him the power to do otherwise as well.

Your post is pointless IMO

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't be so simpleminded. You know we are not discussing the Law of the 10 commandments, now, don't you?

Stick to the topic, please.

Pot calling the kettle black?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I hate to point out your obvious error, but The Word of God is not a document at all. The Word of God is ALWAYS spoken. Look it up. Every time The Bible talks about the Word of God, it is spoken or heard... not written. Even John, when he talks about the Logos, he is not talking about anything written, he makes an allusion to the spoken word of God at creation, and how Jesus is that Logos.
When they refer to written things they use a small mundane word in both Hebrew and Greek..."writings" (scripture).

So, you don't ever refer to the written document we so often refer to as "The Bible"?

Logos is Jesus, the complete expression of the word of God. The written Word is also Logos. Rhema is the spoken Word of God.

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The reason we go to church on Sunday is to celebrate the resurrection, not to honor the Sabbath... if we were trying to honor the sabbatht we wouldn't go to church then. (That is why the Jews went to temple on Friday, the eve before Sabbath began)

THEN as to the sacrifice... what do you think Jesus was doing at the Last Supper and is written in John 6? This IS the sacrifice and you best believe that because Jesus died for you and me and all of us through out time from the beginning until the end. This IS what the church has taught since 30 AD until today. If you beleive the Eucharist is not the actual body of Christ at Calvary and his sacrifice for us and that the daily bread is indeed his flesh then you are of a group that did NOT exist until this so called "Reformation" in the 16th century. Even then Luther would have told you it is the Flesh and a sacrifice. THAT is why we have Bishops and Priests.Ignorance is NO excuse here.

Ignorance? Or blind obedience? If you believe "transubstantiation" you have to explain why we drink blood and eat flesh like the pagans and devil worshipers. You are obviously not aware of the Middle eastern idiom or expression that "eat my flesh" refers to. You are obviously not aware of the meaning of the expression "drink my blood". These are idioms, or common expressions that reflect cultural values far far away from modern western civilization. They mean "share my suffering, make my teachings a part of your life, live for me".

You have confused "the Church" with the bureaucracy known as Roman Catholicism. God wouldn't like that very much.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The reason we go to church on Sunday is to celebrate the resurrection, not to honor the Sabbath... if we were trying to honor the sabbatht we wouldn't go to church then. (That is why the Jews went to temple on Friday, the eve before Sabbath began)

:thumbsup:

Ignorance? Or blind obedience? If you believe "transubstantiation" you have to explain why we drink blood and eat flesh like the pagans and devil worshipers. You are obviously not aware of the Middle eastern idiom or expression that "eat my flesh" refers to. You are obviously not aware of the meaning of the expression "drink my blood". These are idioms, or common expressions that reflect cultural values far far away from modern western civilization. They mean "share my suffering, make my teachings a part of your life, live for me".

You have confused "the Church" with the bureaucracy known as Roman Catholicism. God wouldn't like that very much.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, you don't ever refer to the written document we so often refer to as "The Bible"?

Logos is Jesus, the complete expression of the word of God. The written Word is also Logos. Rhema is the spoken Word of God.
I don't understand your question? Of course I refer to the Bible. Are you equating the Biblical use of the word scripture with the Bible?

That is inaccurate because as Paul and Peter make references to scripture The New Testament hasn't even been written yet. When Jesus refers to scripture he references books not in the Bible and commandments not in the Ten... and of course there are no New Testament writings at all.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I don't understand your question? Of course I refer to the Bible. Are you equating the Biblical use of the word scripture with the Bible?

That is inaccurate because as Paul and Peter make references to scripture The New Testament hasn't even been written yet. When Jesus refers to scripture he references books not in the Bible and commandments not in the Ten... and of course there are no New Testament writings at all.

What are you talking about? All the Bible is scripture, God breathed. Therefore, Logos....and Rhema.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What are you talking about? All the Bible is scripture, God breathed. Therefore, Logos....and Rhema.
That 2nd Timothy verse you refer to isn't talking about The New Testament... it wasn't even written yet.
"Scripture" is term that means writing... not anything like HOLY writings, just writings. "Inspired by God" means exactly what it means today... inspired by truth or love... inspired to do something out of the ordinary. In this case these writings were inspired by one's love and awe for God.
Oh, yeah..and Rhema? Look it up. It means spoken word.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That 2nd Timothy verse you refer to isn't talking about The New Testament... it wasn't even written yet.
"Scripture" is term that means writing... not anything like HOLY writings, just writings. "Inspired by God" means exactly what it means today... inspired by truth or love... inspired to do something out of the ordinary. In this case these writings were inspired by one's love and awe for God.
Oh, yeah..and Rhema? Look it up. It means spoken word.

Yes, I am well aware of Rhema, thanks!

If you deny that Scripture does not include the New Testament, then what authority do you have to speak on Christ?

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I am well aware of Rhema, thanks!

If you deny that Scripture does not include the New Testament, then what authority do you have to speak on Christ?
The New Testament is scripture, but not the scripture Paul was referring to. Charles Dicken's A Tale of Two Cities is scripture also.

By what authority? Let me ask you, by what authority did John baptize? That ritual was created for and and only for the Levitical priests in the temple. It was not "scriptural" for him to do it to common folk.

Just because I don't believe God wrote the New Testament does not mean it does not have truth, value or authority. Answer me my question to you about John the baptizer, and I will tell you where the New Testament gets it authority and were I get my authority.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If there is ignorance it is at your end of the table so to speak.

I would suggest a letter to the church in Smyrna written from Ignatius in 106 AD reprimanding them on the Eucharist.

It is not a tale of two cities and not scripture since no Apostle wrote it but it is an authoratative letter from to a church teaching falsely.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is not what Jesus said.

Matthew
23:26. Thou blind Pharisee, first make clean the inside of the cup and of the dish, that the outside may become clean.
[SIZE=-1]Pharisaee caece munda prius quod intus est calicis et parapsidis ut fiat et id quod de foris est mundum[/SIZE]

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.