Women pastors, the spirit of whoredom (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
"So I imagine...." Yeah, I see that theme running through all the illogic of your theories, lots of imagination and rearranging of things to make your illogical, upside down, ludicrous theology make some sort of twisted sense.
well sometimes you gotta look in a lot of different spots to get a clear picture of something, Like isaiah said "here a little there a little."
JW said:
Just playing your game, is it fun?
WEll when people don't want to debate theology but just want to slam me personally , i switch to computer game mode. It can be fun, yea, watchin people flip out over nothin.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
2ducklow,

In all seriousness, I don't see it the way you see it. And I'm done with the logic bit now I'm not playing fair. My apologies.

I see what you are saying and I will take it into consideration. I think I'm getting a better feel for where you are coming from. Forgive me for "playing the game" I didn't enjoy it... in fact it made me feel stressed.

I think your position has a certain logic. However, I feel the same about the Trinity which is the one I choose to believe. You're passionate about your faith. I respect that, and for the most part on this second go round you've been civil while I've played the bad guy. Thank you!

All I was trying to point out is that we shouldn't attack one another because we don't see eye to eye on issues. It's easy to be insulting. It's much harder to follow the law of love and in everything seek to edify one another.
and as I stated I don't consider pointing out certain illogics , and nonsensicalnesses, and contradictions in things people say is being insulting. If someone contradicts themselves, it's fair to point it out. If someone says the moon is made of blue cheese, it's fair to say that doesn't make any sense, if someone says up is down, it's fair to say that is illogical. you don't think so apparently. But I suspect if it wasn't your doctrine at stake you would see eye to eye with me on this point.
JW said:
I'm still floundering at learning this lesson. I think it is more important to show respect and love then to prove a point. Because, I believe we can be wrong on issues and still be in God's favor if we walk in Love. Love covers a multitude of sins.
WEll this is a debate room, not a room for telling each other how much we love each other. If one doesn't want to debate, or thinks debating is wrong, then that person shouldn't debate , right?

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
He equated himself with Abraham... not God.

No He didn't. He was saying He was there with Abraham as God. Abraham did have visits with God in the flesh--that was a pre-Christ Jesus!

Jesus made another statement similar to that, saying He saw Satan fall from heaven to earth--He was there!

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No He didn't. He was saying He was there with Abraham as God. Abraham did have visits with God in the flesh--that was a pre-Christ Jesus!

Jesus made another statement similar to that, saying He saw Satan fall from heaven to earth--He was there!
Great points!! :amen: & Many scholars claim that the 'visitations' made by God in the OT are actually Jesus Christ.

It makes sense too, bcuz in the Hebrews 9 segment I quoted a few pages ago about the Testator of the covenant having to DIE to enact it, it would make JESUS the maker of the Covenant!!

He DIED to enact it - which makes us able to inherit all He promised us AND fulfill the requirements of law at the same time.
Pretty profound if U ask me!! WoooHoooo :clap: :clap: :amen:

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Great points!! :amen: & Many scholars claim that the 'visitations' made by God in the OT are actually Jesus Christ.

It makes sense too, bcuz in the Hebrews 9 segment I quoted a few pages ago about the Testator of the covenant having to DIE to enact it, it would make JESUS the maker of the Covenant!!

He DIED to enact it - which makes us able to inherit all He promised us AND fulfill the requirements of law at the same time.
Pretty profound if U ask me!! WoooHoooo :clap: :clap: :amen:

YES!

Upvote 0

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
and as I stated I don't consider pointing out certain illogics , and nonsensicalnesses, and contradictions in things people say is being insulting. If someone contradicts themselves, it's fair to point it out. If someone says the moon is made of blue cheese, it's fair to say that doesn't make any sense, if someone says up is down, it's fair to say that is illogical. you don't think so apparently. But I suspect if it wasn't your doctrine at stake you would see eye to eye with me on this point.
WEll this is a debate room, not a room for telling each other how much we love each other. If one doesn't want to debate, or thinks debating is wrong, then that person shouldn't debate , right?
I slipped on the slope of my own judgments... ah, scripture is so true!

The trinity doctrine which dates back to 117 AD, before the Counsel of Nicea is not illogical if one believes scripture is true. It was taught by Ignatius a disciple of John and Polycarp of the same time period.

Agreeing with scriptures that Jesus pre-existed his birth entrance into the earth.

1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Where? "Up there" in heaven? The fall... what caused it? Gravity? Angels are spirit and have no mass to be effected by gravity. What was there to see?

Many scholars claim that the 'visitations' made by God in the OT are actually Jesus Christ.

This I want to see. Bring 'em on.

Try and find a Jewish scholar that believes that... Try and find a serious educated Christian scholar that believes that...

No serious scholar of the Bible believes Jesus appeared anywhere before 3or 4 BCE. No serious Biblical scholar believes God appeared in the flesh to Abram, Moses, Jonah, Noah, Job, or anyone else.

It is blasphemous and/or childish. God IS NOT FLESH! Do you want to throw away your Bible and write your own, go ahead.

Upvote 0

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
I have to clear something up or try to.

I've said scripture is not logical without faith. This is true I believe. What I mean is, if you don't believe that scripture is from God, then following it is not logical. Scripture teaches many things that don't make logical sense in human terms without faith.

For instance without faith there is no reason to believe we will be resurrected. Unless you trust in God this idea sounds impossible. There is no proof of any sort or any way of calculating a manner in which a decayed body could be brought back to life. Understanding this to be true requires faith hence, without faith it's illogical to believe it.

Scripture teaches God is everywhere at all times. This is also an impossible calculation. How can one be all places simultaneously? It's illogical to think one can be everywhere all at one time. It requires trust in something incomprehensible to the human mind. It requires believing that, as scriptures teach nothing is impossible with God.

Yeah, this again!

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have to clear something up or try to.

I've said scripture is not logical without faith. This is true I believe. What I mean is, if you don't believe that scripture is from God, then following it is not logical. Scripture teaches many things that don't make logical sense in human terms without faith.

For instance without faith there is no reason to believe we will be resurrected. Unless you trust in God this idea sounds impossible. There is no proof of any sort or any way of calculating a manner in which a decayed body could be brought back to life. Understanding this to be true requires faith hence, without faith it's illogical to believe it.

Scripture teaches God is everywhere at all times. This is also an impossible calculation. How can one be all places simultaneously? It's illogical to think one can be everywhere all at one time. It requires trust in something incomprehensible to the human mind. It requires believing that, as scriptures teach nothing is impossible with God.

Yeah, this again!
You are right. It is not logical with, or without faith. It is because it is spiritual metaphors... It can't be figured out as literal history...

Nothing is impossible with God? I have something that is impossible for God...
1) God can not choose (to love or anything else)

If he is everywhere, how come he had to "come down" to see what man was doing with the Tower of Babel?

Upvote 0

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
You are right. It is not logical with, or without faith. It is because it is spiritual metaphors... It can't be figured out as literal history...

Nothing is impossible with God? I have something that is impossible for God...
1) God can not choose (to love or anything else)

If he is everywhere, how come he had to "come down" to see what man was doing with the Tower of Babel?
I think you know the answer to that, it's just a manner of speaking...

I trust God, everything else is what I believe. I could be wrong but, don't think so. However, the important part is trusting God. If you know what I mean?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think you know the answer to that, it's just a manner of speaking...

I trust God, everything else is what I believe. I could be wrong but, don't think so. However, the important part is trusting God. If you know what I mean?
Its just a matter of speaking because you say so... but other things are not a manner of speaking because... why? You say so again?

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Where? "Up there" in heaven? The fall... what caused it? Gravity? Angels are spirit and have no mass to be effected by gravity. What was there to see?

This I want to see. Bring 'em on.

Try and find a Jewish scholar that believes that... Try and find a serious educated Christian scholar that believes that...

No serious scholar of the Bible believes Jesus appeared anywhere before 3or 4 BCE. No serious Biblical scholar believes God appeared in the flesh to Abram, Moses, Jonah, Noah, Job, or anyone else.

It is blasphemous and/or childish. God IS NOT FLESH! Do you want to throw away your Bible and write your own, go ahead.

Somebody go get KCDAD a jumbo colouring book, eh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armistead

Veteran
Aug 11, 2007
NC
✟2,439.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Serious elievers know that Jesus was known to many in the Old Testament. We also believe that Jesus indeed was Melchizedek.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

I would put that in my pipe and smoke it, but the odor would remind of something I stepped in. :p

I guess you don't believe in the trinity...in your view God is 5 or 6 beings,,,I can't keep up.

http://users.aristotle.net/~bhuie/melchiz.htm

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I would put that in my pipe and smoke it, but the odor would remind of something I stepped in. :p

I guess you don't believe in the trinity...in your view God is 5 or 6 beings,,,I can't keep up.

http://users.aristotle.net/~bhuie/melchiz.htm

Wow, your understanding is pretty simplistic if you could deduce that from my posts! It's beyond me how you get that! No...there is a Trinity.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.