Amelia,Virginia
✟7,671.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well let see,we are discussing the Bible,so any referance to anything God may want us to do demands we be faithful.
We cannot take one or two verses to justify any opinion,we must take the whole of the text(all of scripture)and make factual conclussions.
So if a woman is considered a deaconess by an apostle,then a woman can be a deaconess.
If someone chooses to be a pastor,whether male or female,there are guidelines for them to follow.
If they are married,then only one spouse in Gods parameters.
If they have children,focus them toward Christ and that which is right,if those children are adults it is no longer their responsibility as parents but as Christians.
We must search the whole Bible,look back at Ruth,she made no demands on the man she wished to be her husband,but she remained quite and presented herself as a faithful woman in Gods eyes and was rewarded so.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would be interested to know how women came to be ordained into ministry in the Baptist church. I personally think this is unbiblical and would be interested in your views.

This is a really divisive issue. I was at a church this morning that had 6 of the 16 nominations for deacons as women. I don't know if any or all would be elected. They can elect 12 persons. I am not a member of that church. I would not let that stop me from joining though. It just isn't an important issue to me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.