Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
These reasons for patriarchy are independent on place, time and culture:

1) The creation order:
A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
1Tm 2:11

2) Because Eve was deceived, not Adam:
And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.
1Tm 2:14

3) Woman was created for man, not man for woman:
"Neither was man created for the sake of woman, but woman for the sake of man."
1Cor 11:9

4) Women are weaker (so they need leadership and protection of men)
1Pet 3:7

------

But the topic of the thread is not this one...

Thank you. These are all out of the new testament in case anyone is still stuck in Genesis.

• Friendly
Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last thing I want is that. I have a question about tithing that I decided I dare not ask on CF. No need to cause arguments. Never something I would set out to do.

I made a thread on tithing recently. it's short but it might address your concern..

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ok folks, I might have to be a little more direct.

PLEASE READ THE SOP FOR THIS FORUM. THIS IS NOT A PLACE TO DEBATE BUT TO HELP ONE ANOTHER IN OUR EFFORTS AT SPIRITUAL FORMATION.

And please respect the OP by reading the topic. If you are a woman edified by reading about women in the Bible, or have something EFIFYING AND RELEVANT to that topic, please carry on.

If you wish to debate or make negative comments about the topic or anyone's input, please don't. You are free to debate in General Theology or a similar forum.

We try to keep everyone from getting in trouble and prevent staff actions becoming necessary. And foster the kind of discussion the OP wishes to have. Please respect that, everyone.

Thanks very much!

~Anastasia~
Senior CF Ambassador

• Agree
Reactions: Endeavourer
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Best thing you to do is find some examples that fit your biased perception in order to justify your opposition to God's order. Great idea.
. Ask any older women about the things I’ve stated and you’ll figure out very quickly why women became feminists. We were sick and tired of dumbing ourselves down and feeling like disobedient children if we had a thought in our head . You call women’s submission God’s order and I have to disagree with you there. Females being submissive is actually chimpanzee behavior. The males bully the females because they are twice their size. Humans don’t have that size disparity. I’m taller than a lot of men and I’m not that tall. A female bodybuilder is stronger than most average men. In fact I used to dance when I was younger and my teeny ballerina body was stronger than some of my larger male friends. Fundies don’t believe in evolution but one of the things you’ll notice in the fossil record is females becoming bigger and taller compared to the males. ( look at Lucy’s species Australopithecus afarensis . Lucy is half a male’s height) That equality between the sexes and less aggressive behavior has evolved . Human males also don’t have the huge canines of the other apes.

• Winner
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.