Women in Pulpit- Any Denomination

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You made my point, thank you. Christianity has been around for almost two thousand years.
During which time it has brought us the the crusades, the inquisition, indulgences buying your way out of purgatory, praying to the saints, the priesthood, not longer of all believers, but restricted to men who were forbidden to marry. That was why we had the Reformation. If you reject the seventeenth century Quaker women preachers as too modern then you should probably reject that newfangled Reformation too.

Voting or not having slavery is different than recognizing a spiritual leader of a congregation as a teacher/pastor.
If you want to criticise women ministries with a guilt by association with modern feminism, you should take a look at the fruit of those early reformation radicals. The same verse that says there is neither male nor female in Christ also says neither slave nor free. In fact they had a stronger theological care for women's ministries which are in Christ, than slavery which was in the world.

Who has a right to be my pastor or teacher of my congregation? Why? On what basis? Who gets to say? My congregation looks to the Bible for guidance and does not have women in the position of elder or pastor. If someone feels their right is not recognized by my congregation, I'm sorry they if they feel offended, but we are just following what we seen in the Bible as best we can.
What Exegetist said.

You certainly should not appoint a minister you feel is against scripture, but you do have the responsibility to examine those claims that say women should not be elders of pastor, and see if that is what scripture really says or is just another of those traditions that wormed their way into the church like celibacy or denying the priesthood of all believers. But we have seem the passages supposedly forbidding women from leadership in the church have been taken completely out of context.

Upvote 0