Florida
✟324,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I can't think of any reason why that would be true. The ability to lift a 100-pound weight and the ability to teach or lead a congregation are completely different.

Honestly, I'm not arguing that it is true, I am only offering it as a hypothetical. It may well be true. I do not know. What I do know is that the original apostolic Churches are guided by the Holy Spirit and that the original apostolic Churches have only ever put men in leadership positions. That tells me there is some spiritual reason for it.

Upvote 0

Aviela

Bubbles
Aug 22, 2013
✟32,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
On average, men are stronger physically and mentally than women.

lol but in all seriousness... In my experience this has not been the case. I have seen many women with inner / spiritual / intellectual strength...women who have saved lives and helped win souls for God etc. Women of inner and physical strength. Women of fortitude who have had integrity where others (not just men) have failed.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,461.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Who were the Sons of God she "usurped authority" over? There were no male Prophets that she overruled. She judged the "Sons of Israel", not the Sons of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
lol but in all seriousness... In my experience this has not been the case. I have seen many women with inner / spiritual / intellectual strength...women who have saved lives and helped win souls for God etc. Women of inner and physical strength. Women of fortitude who have had integrity where others (not just men) have failed.

It has NOT been the case? Not even the physical aspect?

Well I won't call you a liar but I certainly cannot say the same thing. There has definitely been a difference between men and women from my observation,with men on average being stronger.

Upvote 0

Aviela

Bubbles
Aug 22, 2013
✟32,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It has NOT been the case? Not even the physical aspect?

Well I won't call you a liar but I certainly cannot say the same thing. There has definitely been a difference between men and women from my observation,with men on average being stronger.

I think our definitions of strength differ. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think our definitions of strength differ. ;)

Ok. My definition is the normal definition.

-Having the power to move heavy weights or perform other physically demanding tasks.

-Powerful and difficult to resist or defeat.

-Able to withstand force, pressure, or wear

Feel free to browse the dictionary.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw0zWO-UKL7aPEM-slx_fRo3&cshid=1555363990478

And I stand by my original post, men on average are stronger physically and mentally than women.

Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This was originally a response to another thread but it was posted in the wrong area so I posted it here:

Good question. I believe that the Bible is free from error but I also believe that women should be accepted into church leadership. Rather than believing the Bible has error, I believe that people misunderstand and misinterpret the Bible. This can come to light when we see varying contradictions. Women have been in leadership in the Bible and yet there are those few verses that make us question this very issue. I believe we need to see all scripture in context and see the truth of it. After all, it was Jesus (God) who stood up regarding the woman who was being stoned and the woman washing Jesus feet but man (people) who were in err.

Aviela, you stated, "I believe that the Bible is free from error..."

If you believe that the Bible is free from error then why did the reformers take out 7 books from the Original Bible? Yes, the bible is indeed without error and those 7 books should have never been taken out. It was the Holy Spirit who guided the Early Church Fathers to compile the Bible, not the reformers in the 15th century.

Pan De Vida

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

If you believe that the Bible is free from error then why did the reformers take out 7 books from the Original Bible?
Goodness! Is the fact that they are not books that were divinely inspired somehow get overlooked?

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Here's a thought... Not sure if the above is pro all male leadership or against all male leadership... :)

Well, if I could find that other thread with pretty much the same topic, you could see my stance...I had a good line of thought going there...don't know what they did with it.

Maybe @Paidiske can help?

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Here's a thought... Not sure if the above is pro all male leadership or against all male leadership... :)

All member ministry. With a lean to male leadership over males, father leadership over families, women leadership over other women and kids, and Messiah over all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
After watching the video, the only thing I can see her focusing on is her perception that the leaders of the Latin American church are pushing sexism. She blames Fundamentalism...again and again, because they interpret the Scriptures that seem to uphold the man as head of the woman, as literal, e.g., women should not have authority over men. However, she doesn't really offer an alternative interpretation, other than what, I would call Peshat (Peshat - Wikipedia) methodology. I agree, that every member should be encouraged to study to the same degree, without respect to gender, but I lean towards a literal view of 1 Corinthians 14:34:

"Let your women be silent in the assemblies, for they are not allowed to speak, but to be in subjection, just as The Written Law also says."

However, we have a very different view of what these "assemblies" are. Most of the time is spent in the home, or small groups, or at communal meals, or even on internet forums, so women do have ample opportunity to communicate. There are also verses prohibiting women to teach:

1 Timothy 2:12
"For I do not allow a woman to teach, neither to usurp over a man, but she should be quiet;"

Which, again I lean towards being a literal and binding directive. But, obviously, since I watched the video of a woman teaching, I believe that there is a very broad range of interpreting to be done. Interestingly enough, I am relocating to a region where the only like minded fellowship I could find has a woman as their elder "pastor". Now, as I mentioned earlier, I believe that the whole "churchianity" type set up is outdated, so I'm already not excited about this place. But, I also know that "church" is more than an organization (which is modeled after the corporation these days) and I know that this lady "elder" is not the only person attending, so who am I to make the call that all the members there are in error? So, I will check it out and "chew the meat and spit out the bone".

*Oh yeah, I am curious to know if these Latin American "Neo Pentecostals" are coming out of the RCC. And if we in the U.S. have already experienced our reformations, so to speak, why should we discount theirs...as if it is not in Yah's Hands?

And that.

Renumeration of pastors and making money off religion

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

If you believe that the Bible is free from error then why did the reformers take out 7 books from the Original Bible? Yes, the bible is indeed without error and those 7 books should have never been taken out. It was the Holy Spirit who guided the Early Church Fathers to compile the Bible, not the reformers in the 15th century.

Pan De Vida
The seven books were not in the original Bible. Although the Catholic Church always considered the deuterocanonical writings as scripture, they were not included into the Bible until 1546 AD. So the issue is not why the reformers took the books out of the Bible, rather, why did the Catholic church put them in?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.