small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Osborne was an old-line classical Pentecostal. And women were frequently at the helm of Pentecostal groups. (like Amy Semple McPherson or Kathryn Kuhlman) His might be a good look at a historical perspective (1950s?) on the issue.

I haven't heard anyone mention Amy Semple McPherson in a long while. She was born and raised just 10 miles from here, in the little town of Salford Ontario.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I haven't heard anyone mention Amy Semple McPherson in a long while. She was born and raised just 10 miles from here, in the little town of Salford Ontario.
Yes, Amy Semple McPherson is an interesting woman to study. If you believe her story, she was like Jonah, forced to minister, even with the adversity of divorce, she had quite a ministry. Aimee Semple McPherson

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
The idea women can't be ministers or priests has never set will with me, especially because Jesus didn't seem to have a problem with women. Even when I went to churches that taught that only men could be priests, it was not something I really accepted except as a custom, it was not some kind of comment on the ordering of the universe.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

NOTE: This thread has had a clean of SOP vio posts. Please do not post outside of the community rules and do not teach if you are not part of the community.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A Christian’s mind is His, who in the form of God He didn’t consider equality with God a thing to be grasped. But in being a humble servant He exemplified the high position God has exalted Him to. Being equally yoked to Him is the position to be in so as not to be unequally yoked.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
Egalitarian Christians Statement of Purpose
House Rules:
All posts within this faith community must adhere to the site wide rules found here (Community Rules). In addition, if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against its theology. You may post in fellowship. Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of this group will be considered off topic.

Also please do not publicly discuss reporting posts. Do that quietly and let the staff do their jobs :)

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0