Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
This is a touchy subject for some people. Here is a compilation of the most relevant data I could find on the topic for those who care as much for the actual information as the argument.

Hopefully this will clear somethings up for those willing to read it. Some of this information was compiled by the Center for Military Readiness and some people consider them to be bias. That being they still serve as a source of some very good information on the topic, you can simply choose to disagree with their opinion on the topic.

_ _

The actual findings and product of the presidential commission assigned to this issue in 1992
V
http://www.cmrlink.org/CMRNotes/PCAWAF-AV.pdf

A female doctors evaluation of women in the military concerning physical tasks
V
http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf&AD=ADA285676

A write up on this issue by the center for military readiness
V
Center for Military Readiness | Women in Combat

The CMR did another write up on the history and present state of the regulations concerning this if anyone wants to see what they actually are and where they came from
V
http://www.cmrlink.org/CMRNotes/M38V8CCMRRPT16.pdf

The topic seems to get hairy and go in a million different directions... but these are the official reasons and this is the driving information on the topic.

Hope this can clear some things up.

Jay217

Private In the Canadian Armed Forces
Jun 23, 2010
Southern Alberta
✟15,363.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Provided that they can do the same work as the rest of us, I will welcome any girl.

However It is finding these women is the problem, in the 2nd half of my Basic training both of the girls in it dropped out, making it an all male platoon except for one of the MCpl, who could kick mine and probably half of the other male's butts any day of the week.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟318,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Provided that they can do the same work as the rest of us, I will welcome any girl.

However It is finding these women is the problem, in the 2nd half of my Basic training both of the girls in it dropped out, making it an all male platoon except for one of the MCpl, who could kick mine and probably half of the other male's butts any day of the week.

Considering some of the groups that we now have to deal with I sort of like the idea of taking that one and enough more like her to form an elite all female batallion. Somethgin that could destroy moral in some of our enemies when it kicks butt.

Upvote 0

Proctor

Nov 13, 2011
✟7,708.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Considering some of the groups that we now have to deal with I sort of like the idea of taking that one and enough more like her to form an elite all female batallion. Somethgin that could destroy moral in some of our enemies when it kicks butt.

I Absolutely Support You In This- 100% ALL THE WAY.

ALL FEMALE BATALLIONS ARE YES SIR BY ME.
And lets do this sooner RATHER than LATER.

"Considering some of the groups that we now have to deal with"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think the sooner the world WAKES UP to THIS reality, the better for all our sakes!!!!

Upvote 0

Proctor

Nov 13, 2011
✟7,708.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
However It is finding these women is the problem, in the 2nd half of my Basic training both of the girls in it dropped out, making it an all male platoon except for one of the MCpl, who could kick mine and probably half of the other male's butts any day of the week.[/quote]

This might sound discriminatory:
We have got to find women who have a heavier physique or tough robust physique. Lots are women are SERIOUSLY into sports, wrestling, and strenuous olympic games. Thats the physique I am talking about!

We need female profiles with the neccessary physique AND THE COMPETITIVE SPIRIT.

Just my personal opinion. Dont get touchy if it does'nt sound appropriate, please.

Upvote 0

Ashleigh21

Nov 12, 2012
Columbia, SC
✟7,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I agree. I will be honest, it wasn't my first choice for what to do, but I am looking forward to it now, and I know that since I will be in God's will I will be safe, and I am trusting Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

m551sheridan

Dec 18, 2012
Yakima Wa.
✟15,342.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm an old horse soldier but allow me to comment to the thread title.

Woman are more then capable of flying jet and rotor aircraft... I have no problem with them flying *fighter* type of aircraft. Woman can command ships and submarines. And woman can die ugly in those occupations as well as the next person.

Here is my problem. Woman should not be allowed into the Infantry, Armor or Calvary. In the Infantry you either carry your share of the mission equipment or you will not be around long... 100+ pounds and walking miles every day is not for woman... nor is the living conditions.
Armor? Yes a tank is easy to drive - the maintenance is not... it is heavy work and takes muscle... and you die *really* ugly in a tank. A parent should not have to visualize their daughter having died so violently and burning for a couple of days before they can be recovered.
Calvary? Sorta a combination or Infantry and Armor....

If woman want to be in combat... let it be where they can end the day with a shower and a hot meal... the trench is no place for a woman.

All that said one would think woman would be appreciative that thier countries mores' wish to keep them from the horror of ground combat.

Upvote 0

Ashleigh21

Nov 12, 2012
Columbia, SC
✟7,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I understand what you are saying, but I think there are a few women who can handle it. I never would have dreamed that one day I would be discussing this, I used to simply listen to my mom and believe that women shouldn't be allowed in the military. But then God changed my heart, and now I am working as hard as I can to get into West Point. The average woman can't handle these things, but some can, and if they meet the qualifications, they should be allowed there. Now my mom doesn't agree. She is in complete denial that I have made this kind of decision, and she insists that in two years, when the time comes to begin the admissions process at West Point, I will change my mind. What I hate for her, is that she is going to have to accept it, and it will be hard. When I was little my mom always used to tell me how glad she was that she didn't have a son, so she wouldn't have to worry about the Army, and then as I got older, she would mention worry about the draft. I used to agree, but now I KNOW that this is what God has called me to do, and if He chooses for me to end up in combat, then I believe that He will give me the strength to get me through, and He will keep me safe.

God Bless,
Ashleigh

P.S. Love the political party. :)

Upvote 0

m551sheridan

Dec 18, 2012
Yakima Wa.
✟15,342.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I understand what you are saying, but I think there are a few women who can handle it. I never would have dreamed that one day I would be discussing this, I used to simply listen to my mom and believe that women shouldn't be allowed in the military. But then God changed my heart, and now I am working as hard as I can to get into West Point. The average woman can't handle these things, but some can, and if they meet the qualifications, they should be allowed there. Now my mom doesn't agree. She is in complete denial that I have made this kind of decision, and she insists that in two years, when the time comes to begin the admissions process at West Point, I will change my mind. What I hate for her, is that she is going to have to accept it, and it will be hard. When I was little my mom always used to tell me how glad she was that she didn't have a son, so she wouldn't have to worry about the Army, and then as I got older, she would mention worry about the draft. I used to agree, but now I KNOW that this is what God has called me to do, and if He chooses for me to end up in combat, then I believe that He will give me the strength to get me through, and He will keep me safe.

God Bless,
Ashleigh

P.S. Love the political party. :)
Ashleigh - I commend you on wanting to serve your country, my hat is tipped to you.
West Point? SUPER if you can get a slot, and if God has called you to this venture then for sure follow His wishes.
To the question........ as you will find in your time with the military there are two standards..... one for men, one for women - physical training for instance. I am alright with that for the most part.. except for some.
I will give a hypothetical - SEAL training or SFQC (SF)... if a woman can perform EXACTLY as the men are required to do then more power to her and welcome into the community... but to have a lessor requirement equates, on the bottom line, of NOT being able to carry their share, and because of it they become a liability to the team.
And then it is my own upbringing... it is me who is supposed to turn into a ball of mist after stepping on a mine - not my sister or mother. Women, in my mind, should never have to experience that side of combat.
Again, the best of luck in your quest to serve - tis a noble deed.

Upvote 0

Ashleigh21

Nov 12, 2012
Columbia, SC
✟7,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I sure hope so. I am working REALLY hard on getting all of the school work that I need to to get in, and trying to meet the physical standards, as well as the various leadership positions. If you read my post "Trouble with my parents," it details the whole problem I have had, but I am home-schooled, so that is making the leadership stuff a lot harder, but my "almost" boyfriend is helping me understand JROTC (his dad is in the army and that is what he wants to do too), so that way I can explain it to my mom.
I have heard that.
Yes. I have seen the lesser requirements, as I looked at what I needed, but I am pushing for the same requirements that a man has. Not only that, it will look even better. :)
I understand that. My mom came right out and told me that I would change my mind by the time it came that time, but I have never had God teach me anything so strongly as this, and I really am sure about it now. I have a friend, she is in college, and when I told her where I wanted to go she told me that her dad could write me a really good recommendation. Now I don't remember what rank he was before he got out of the army, when we went to Ft. Jackson for something with them I was pretty little, although I still have the photos somewhere, so that will help. I am also very involved politically, and I got to know one of the SC State Senators while putting in 114 hours in 3 weeks, and when the Senate elections come around I will try to get where I have some connections there, as well as with our representatives. Those elections are every two years, so that should help. Two of our state representatives go to my church. I mean, not only did I feel so strongly about this, but the things are coming together too.
God Bless You,
Ashleigh

Upvote 0