Wisconsin
✟15,171.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's become our culture that women no longer wear dresses, usually because they are uncomfortable. It would be like asking a man to take out the garbage in a suit. Or walk around outside of work in a suit. Dresses now stand out when worn and the women in them.

They can instead be seen as "inmodest" and similar to braided hair and pearls.

It is this "inmodest" clothing that christians are expected to wear that turns most of the sick away from the church, the one's that Christ's heart was after in the first place, they feel unbelonging to this plastic being that the bride has become.

Matthew 9

11When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?" 12On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'[a] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Upvote 0

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
It's become our culture that women no longer wear dresses, usually because they are uncomfortable. It would be like asking a man to take out the garbage in a suit. Or walk around outside of work in a suit. Dresses now stand out when worn and the women in them.

They can instead be seen as "inmodest" and similar to braided hair and pearls.

It is this "inmodest" clothing that christians are expected to wear that turns most of the sick away from the church, the one's that Christ's heart was after in the first place, they feel unbelonging to this plastic being that the bride has become.

Matthew 9

11When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?" 12On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'[a] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
You lost me on that one...

dresses are not a sign of affluence

So should I or should I not object if I see a man wearing a dress... am I wrong to be offended by it? If so, it sounds like a double standard to me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.