Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Um, you demand blind adherance to outdated OT legalistic principles... can you give a BETTER example of "legalistic?"

I demand nothing. I serve God according to how He speaks to me through His Word.

Well, how about YOU define "natural" for us? I'd say "natural" is anything "occuring in nature"... but if you got more info, I'd love to hear it

Yes, natural is occurring in nature--according to how God has decreed. (Homosexuality is not natural...it is a sin. God doesn't create something sinful and call it GOOD...but that is for another ubiquitous homosexual thread.)

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I demand nothing. I serve God according to how He speaks to me through His Word.

Yes, natural is occurring in nature--according to how God has decreed. (Homosexuality is not natural...it is a sin. God doesn't create something sinful and call it GOOD...but that is fior another ubiquitous homosexual thread.)
natural has nothing to do with sin.

What occurs in nature=natural. No further qualifiers required.

Upvote 0

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
What pleases us seems natural to us. No matter what God's word says. Which is why we need to repent, seek the Lord and, renew our minds. I know this quite well from personal experience. I can't condemn anyone for their sins because I'm equally guilty but, I can say that if you put your trust in God and his word (and don't give up) you can overcome and train the mind and body in the disciplines of the Lord.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
What pleases us seems natural to us. No matter what God's word says. Which is why we need to repent, seek the Lord and, renew our minds. I know this quite well from personal experience. I can't condemn anyone for their sins because I'm equally guilty but, I can say that if you put your trust in God and his word (and don't give up) you can overcome and train the mind and body in the disciplines of the Lord.
Not what I mean. Pure and simple... what occurs in nature=natural... thats really all there is to it.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
natural has nothing to do with sin.

What occurs in nature=natural. No further qualifiers required.

Here's a suggestion: Maybe you could go start another thread. You are off topic bigtime.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Back to topic:

Women will not sit still much longer in the Church today, as we know that Jesus is returning soon. His Holy Spirit will be poured out upon ALL FLESH, according to Scripture, which includes them as well as children.

So any church congregation and leadership which holds a prejudicial bias concening the gifting of women in the Church and world today, will be biting the dust as the end draws near.

Watch out!

Upvote 0

TexasSky

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Will Jesus return before the aliens, or after. Or will he hitch a ride on their meteor to save the chariot fare?
I feel like you need to remove the Cross from your name tag. To openly mock Christ as you have just done does harm when it comes from one who presents to be a believer.

Upvote 0

TexasSky

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So, do you insist that your pastor have long hair and a beard?

The bible does say:

5 " 'Priests must not shave their heads or shave off the edges of their beards or cut their bodies.

Such things were societal issues.
I happen to have long hair, but I do not fault women who do not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married

The bible does say:

5 " 'Priests must not shave their heads or shave off the edges of their beards or cut their bodies.

There is no new testament office of priest. that is OT. Jesus Christ is our Priest, we don't need a priest anymore. you are confusing the office of pastor with that of priest, not the same thing.
I just feel sad for women who have been decieved into thinking that short hair on women is cool. they don't know how much they are robbing themselves of their god given femininity.
Whether or not a commandment of the Lord happens to conform to the values of the day is irrelevant, IMO. Should we all fornicate because the values of today are largely ones of fornication? Should we steal because society today is loaded with people who think stealing is cool? should we?

Upvote 0

FLANDIDLYANDERS

When I am slain may my corpse lie facing the Enemy
Aug 16, 2005
Pompey
✟12,836.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
There is no new testament office of priest. that is OT. Jesus Christ is our Priest, we don't need a priest anymore. you are confusing the office of pastor with that of priest, not the same thing.
I just feel sad for women who have been decieved into thinking that short hair on women is cool. they don't know how much they are robbing themselves of their god given femininity.

Actually, we are ALL priests! Peter 2 v 9

Upvote 0

FLANDIDLYANDERS

Aug 16, 2005
Pompey
✟12,836.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

The bible does say:

Also, some women suffe from hair loss for many reasons. Does this affect their sexuality?

Upvote 0

FLANDIDLYANDERS

Aug 16, 2005
Pompey
✟12,836.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I feel like you need to remove the Cross from your name tag. To openly mock Christ as you have just done does harm when it comes from one who presents to be a believer.

I am not mocking Christ, I am mocking the assumptions of christians.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Actually, we are ALL priests! Peter 2 v 9
christ did away with the office of priest,

Hebrews 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

At least the levitical priesthood is done away with, and the requirement for beards was one for the levitical priesthood. Perfection came through the priesthood of christ, not from the levitical priesthood, thus since we have perfection from the Christ priesthood, there is no need for the imperfect levetical priesthood.,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
christ did away with the office of priest,

Hebrews 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

At least the levitical priesthood is done away with, and the requirement for beards was one for the levitical priesthood. Perfection came through the priesthood of christ, not from the levitical priesthood, thus since we have perfection from the Christ priesthood, there is no need for the imperfect levetical priesthood.,
Hey 2duck,

Did you know the only Jews alive today who can trace their ancestry all the way back to biblical times is Levi (Cohen)? The end times scenario suggests the Levitical Priesthood will be revived.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hey 2duck,

Did you know the only Jews alive today who can trace their ancestry all the way back to biblical times is Levi (Cohen)? The end times scenario suggests the Levitical Priesthood will be revived.
the OT law will be reinstated after the battle of armegedon and after christ returns to earth to rule the remanents of the world.

here are some end time verses showing OT beingreinstated.

Zechariah 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

dietary laws reinstated in the millinium (actually they are in effect now, we shouldn't eat unclean meat, for one thing it isn't healthy and secondly isa 66.17 shows god's exteme distaste for people eating unclean meat.)
Isaiah 66:17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

god will reinstate priests and levites.

Isaiah 66:21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

It appears that God will just chose some he likes to be levites and call um that. At any rate, God knows who are descended from Levites and who isn't and since God choses in the millinium who will be a levite, it doesn't really matter if one knows he is descended from levites,. But I have heard before what you say about some Jews knowing they are descended from levites.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Also, some women suffe from hair loss for many reasons. Does this affect their sexuality?
Ever hear of wigs? You seem to be suggesting that because some women suffer from hair loss that we should throw 1 cor. 11 out the window. Do you have a list of scriptures you deem valueless?

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
2ducklow said:

God couldn't care less how long or short my hair is, although he has them numbered. It is no indicator of femininity whatsoever. What you are touting is legalism at its very worst.

Upvote 0

FLANDIDLYANDERS

Aug 16, 2005
Pompey
✟12,836.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Ever hear of wigs? You seem to be suggesting that because some women suffer from hair loss that we should throw 1 cor. 11 out the window. Do you have a list of scriptures you deem valueless?

Yes, particularly those of Paul. But as a whole the christian faith promotes dissent and arrognace, in direct conflict to what Jesus seemed to want.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.