The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if you think it's long it's long if you think its' short its short.

I thought my hair was long just above shoulder length but when it got to three feet long I thought it was short, that dont work lol

I thought it was ashamed to be a shorn (as in Nazarite) shaven (razor to the head) sorta like a GI haircut.

I thought you was on happy trails Duck?^_^

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Shaven in the OT can mean bald as it pertains to ALL the hair removed

1) to poll, shave, shave off, be bald
a) (Piel)
1) to shave
2) to shave off
3) (fig. of devastation)
b) (Pual) to be shaven
c) (Hithpael) to shave oneself

Was Paul moving in the same accord with OT thought?

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Shorn or shaven I see, why was Paul shorn (or cut short) concerning a vow if it was not for him to have long hair even without the vow?
short hair is longer than shorn. shorn means cut real close like a burr hair cut. short hair is longer than a burr hair cut but not long. I have hair that is longer than a burr hair cut, it touches my ears and maybe goes slightly over the top of my ears, but that is not long hair.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
short hair is longer than shorn. shorn means cut real close like a burr hair cut. short hair is longer than a burr hair cut but not long. I have hair that is longer than a burr hair cut, it touches my ears and maybe goes slightly over the top of my ears, but that is not long hair.

Thats why I posted the OT thought of being shaven, it meant to be bald (razor directly touching ones head) as Samson said. Both a woman and a man could take the vow of a Nazarite but only the "he" is mentioned in regards to the shaven head (shown as baldness) not the "she" in regards to that vow. Paul took a vow and did shave his head. Without that vow was he permitted to have longer hair (against what he advised)? or was his hair short but only shorn bald (pertaining to that vow)? He uses that same word pertaining to a woman wherein it was ashame.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I thought my hair was long just above shoulder length but when it got to three feet long I thought it was short, that dont work lol
I don't get it?
fire said:
I thought it was ashamed to be a shorn (as in Nazarite) shaven (razor to the head) sorta like a GI haircut.
yea it is for a woman, according to scripture.
fire said:
I thought you was on happy trails Duck?^_^
ah im vexed with changing my mind? I think. what a minute,,,,,, maybe not. Hey men can change thier minds too. one time at work i changed my mind about something and someone said, "I thought you said just the opposite" an other guy chimed in "duck is thinking about having a sex change operation", hey not really, he jsut said that cause I seem to change my mind. maybe it's cause i see both sides of an issue more than the average Joe ...... or joesephene.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Thats why I posted the OT thought of being shaven, it meant to be bald (razor directly touching ones head) as Samson said. Both a woman and a man could take the vow of a Nazarite but only the "he" is mentioned in regards to the shaven head (shown as baldness) not the "she" in regards to that vow. Paul took a vow and did shave his head. Without that vow was he permitted to have longer hair (against what he advised)? or was his hair short but only shorn bald (pertaining to that vow)? He uses that same word pertaining to a woman wherein it was ashame.
Paul said under the inspiration of the HOly spirit that long hair on a man was a shame unto him. so considering that I don 't see how you could possibly assert that Paul had long hair.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Shaven in the OT can mean bald as it pertains to ALL the hair removed

1) to poll, shave, shave off, be bald
a) (Piel)
1) to shave
2) to shave off
3) (fig. of devastation)
b) (Pual) to be shaven
c) (Hithpael) to shave oneself

Was Paul moving in the same accord with OT thought?
Acts 18:18 And Paul after this tarried there yet a good while, and then took his leave of the brethren, and sailed thence into Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila; having shorn his head in Cenchrea: for he had a vow.
strongs said:
[SIZE=+1]keivrw [/SIZE]Keiro (ki'-ro); Verb, Strong #: 2751

1. to sheer: a sheep
  2. to get or let be shorn
  3. of shearing or cutting short the hair of the head
  1. the word keiro means sheer or cutting short not shaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The shaving off ALL the hair (head, eyebrows, beard ALL his hair) is shown as well as the words "hair falling off" (marat) is defined as
1) to bare, polish, make smooth or bald or bare
a) (Qal)
1) to make bare
2) to scour, polish
b) (Niphal) to be made bald

Then theres "plucked off the hair" sharing the same exact definition of "marat" concerning being bald.

This is interesting.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul said under the inspiration of the HOly spirit that long hair on a man was a shame unto him. so considering that I don 't see how you could possibly assert that Paul had long hair.

Exactly, so then it was SHORT then right? What did he do go to the barber and get a snip? ^_^ If he took a vow would it not immitate that in the OT according to the Nazarite vow? And IF it was SHORT then it became what? SHORTER? He uses the same word in relation to the women pertaining to the vow he had taken which mimics the vow of a Nazarite which uses the same word very differently given its greek and hebrew. Paul being a hebrew would be moving in accord with the same thought and vow then and would appear to confirm the very absense of the SHE in accord with that same vow. Only the HE is mentioned in the OT regarding being shaven which pertains to being bald.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Exactly see my last post

I don't get it?

Because I used your reasoning and showed you how you allowed "our reasoning" to play out.

yea it is for a woman, according to scripture.

Thats what we are looking at

ah im vexed with changing my mind? I think. what a minute,,,,,, maybe not. Hey men can change thier minds too. one time at work i changed my mind about something and someone said, "I thought you said just the opposite" an other guy chimed in "duck is thinking about having a sex change operation", hey not really, he jsut said that cause I seem to change my mind. maybe it's cause i see both sides of an issue more than the average Joe ...... or joesephene.

Ok lol

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acts 18:18 And Paul after this tarried there yet a good while, and then took his leave of the brethren, and sailed thence into Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila; having shorn his head in Cenchrea: for he had a vow.

Yes, in accord with a vow the vow of a Nazarite is pulled from the OT in regards to the hair.

the word keiro means sheer or cutting short not shaven.
[/list]

In the greek, but following hebrew thought concerning hair (and a vow) wouldnt linking it to that which pertains to a Nazarite make sense and the Hebrew thought behind that as scripture shows? Afterall it was a vow, better to fulfill ones vows then to make one and not fulfill it wouldnt it be in accord with how its shown scriptural given Paul was a hebrew? What was it before he cut it short? LESS SHORT?^_^

So going to the hair cuttery for a "trim and touch up" can be a vow, I gotcha:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Though Assyrian had mentioned something different in regards to "letting the hair grow" but letting ones hair grow is also shown in Samson regarding being shaven which pertains to being BALD galach. AFTER he was shaven it says the hair on his head BEGAN TO GROW. Under the definition of the NT a man having long hair means...1) to let the hair grow, have long hair

Think its better for you guys to be bald?

The same word for shaven is the same word for "plucked out the hair" and "hair fallen out" which is "marat" and is further clarified here in this verse...

Lev 13:14 And the man whose hair is fallen off his head, he is bald;^_^ yet is he clean.

No getting around that one, the definition of bald IS bald.^_^

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isn't it funny how Jesus is protrayed as having long hair.

Strange.

Mat 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

Its interesting he was even called a "Nazarene" makes me think of Nazarite and the hair deal pertaining to it huh?^_^

EDIT: Nazarene

Nazarite = "one separated"
1) an inhabitant of Nazareth
2) a title given to Jesus in the NT
3) a name given to Christians by the Jews, Ac. 24:5

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Numbers 6:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When either man or woman shall separate themselves to vow a vow of a Nazarite, to separate themselves unto the LORD:

A Nazarite was as one "separated" and there was that which pertained to the HAIR of their separation yet only a HE is spoken of in relation to the hair.

Judges 16:18 That he told her all his heart, and said unto her, There hath not come a razor upon mine head; for I have been a Nazarite unto God from my mother's womb: if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any other man.

I see these things after a similitude (myself). Whats interesting is that Christ was led like a Lamb to the slaughter like a sheep BEFORE SHEARERS (as with the Philistines/Pharisees LOL) in one pic its the CUTTING OFF the hair in the other the MESSIAH is CUT OFF BOTH were CUT OFF and made WEAK as Christ was crucified in WEAKNESS even as Samsom BECAME WEAK who when shaven (VOW of a Nazarite) THE LORD LEFT HIM. BOTH are shown destroying something in their weakness and the hair beginning to grow (pertains to "the covering") which would be destroyed pertaining to the covering over the nations.

So when the Lord LEFT Samson (in a figure) so also do we see Jesus Christ asking, "My God, My God why hast thou FORSAKEN ME"? Its hard to word or show such things but they are truly a blessing seeing Christ and the cross in them.

Well.. better then carnal haircuts^_^

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whats also interesting is the HE is as THE SUN of righteousness with HEALING in his wings right? Well THE SUN became black as sackcloth OF HAIR. Hair being cut off has much substance in it. In the Song of songs there were DOVES EYES in the locks. There were also seven eyes on one Stone and we know that Stone is Christ. The covering given the woman has a direct link to the angels. The angels IN His hand (just as the horns) OUT OF His hand pertain to the HIDING (or covering) of HIS power. Which is interesting because His power is made perfect in weakness and the woman is the weaker vessel:p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.