• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Women: How much variety do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by Sketcher, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+5,060
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Specifically, for date locations and activities. How many different ones should a man take you to before he takes you back to one that you liked?

My reason for asking is I am a homebody who does not get ideas for going out socially at all. I'm basically up for anything within reason and will join my friends/family when they invite me somewhere. Organizing an outing myself does not come naturally, I blank for days. I therefore need to make a list of places to go and things to do, with alternates, so that I can actually have a plan and begin to date in some capacity. No, I don't have anyone in mind, but it would be nice to have this ready for when someone comes to mind. Maybe if I have it now, I won't need it later. But I need to know how big to make that list.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Stranger36147

Stranger36147 Active Member

+327
    Other Religion
    This might be interesting....

giphy.gif

3. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+4,269
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    I will not allow this thread to devolve into "the guy with most money to spend on expensive dinner dates and travels wins" discussion!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  4. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❣️ His little lady ❣️ Supporter

+4,004
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I’ve never thought of this. We usually come up with ideas together after the first based on mutual interests. I think its much easier that way and less pressure.

But if your date isn’t the easy going type, Dating Divas has a host of suggestions you can glean from. :)

5. kittysbecute

kittysbecute Jedi Apprentice

+3,019
    United States
    Protestant
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    I think it would depend on the person as to what she would prefer.
    Personally, I wouldn’t mind my input being requested. It’s more fun to both be involved in planning where to go or what to do. But everyone is different.
    I think my personality is to just go along with others plans for events or trips even if it isn't what I would choose myself. But when my opinion is sought and I am listened to it makes me happy.

(part of that may be because “quality time” is generally my highest scoring love language - listening is a big part of that I think.)

So, I guess my advice is to have some ideas, but be willing to be flexible in planning. It may be that she will want you to do all the planning, or maybe she will have her own opinions as to planning dates. Or somewhere in between. I think it can be fun to go to the same place; but variety is good too.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  6. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+4,269
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    What's reasonable for me is anywhere that serves cheap burgers. Any ladies interested???

[​IMG]

7. RobertMerton

RobertMerton Veteran

+106
    Christian
    Private
    Heres a list of things i have done. May be dependent on where you live.

1. Go to a movie
    2. Go ten pin bowling
    3. Arcade / laser skirmish
    4. Bushwalking
    5. Go to the beach
    6. Go fishing
    7. Go to a nice cafe
    8. Picnic in a park
    9. Go to a theme park
    10. Go to a zoo
    11. Go to a aquarium
    12. Go watch a play or a musical
    13. Go to a museum
    14. Go to costco (especially if he/she hasnt been)
    15. Go to a national park.
    16. Go see the stars when its a new moon
    17. Go somewhere to see the sun rise
    18. Go somewhere to see the sun rise
    19. Go to the Mint
    20. Go to a swimming pool.
    21. Go to a nice library (like a state library)
    22. Go snorkelling

Things i havent yet done (on a date)
    1. Go kayaking or canoeing
    2. Go to a sports game
    3. Hire a little boat

Some of these can be expensive but most are cheap or free :)

8. JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23 In a Kingdom by the Sea. Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+5,680
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    Too much variety is exhausting, but I'm a homebody too. I like finding something that works with the person and repeating that. As an example, I dated someone who loved going to the lake and having picnics so we did that regularly. Too much variety too fast isn't for me, although some of my friends would disagree!

9. blackribbon

blackribbon Not a newbie

+6,002
    Christian
    My daughter and her boyfriend alternating planning dates and picking the location. On her turn, she would pick two ideas and let him make the final choice. They found out they had a lot in common by going out this way. You could do this or always have two options with the final choice being hers. One of those choices can be a repeat that you found enjoyable and the other something new.

If she is really into you, she won't care where you are going because all that matters is that she is with you. I learned to fish this way...and I hated everything about fish and fishing before I met my husband. I am actually fairly knowledgeable since Wildlife and Fisheries Science was his major in college and I proofread all his papers and helped him study for all his test (meaning, I had to read his textbooks on ichthyology too). I still can't say I like fishing but I'd do it again in a moment with a broad smile if he was still here to go fishing with.

10. Lost4words

Lost4words In reality, an old dog! Supporter

+3,721
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    I usually find that the lady loves to go for a run around the park. Or on the beach. Nothing better than the wind in your fur as you run side by side.

11. blackribbon

blackribbon Not a newbie

+6,002
    Christian
    I am sure your ladies also like returning to favorite places...like smelling your hiney, for example...but you can do that at new places too.

12. Lost4words

Lost4words In reality, an old dog! Supporter

+3,721
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Doesnt matter where we go. We always leave our mark there! Oh, what memories.