Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I assume nothing of the sort. What I do is as scripture clearly states. And when we read the Bible and know what He says, we compare what He says with what the proverbial 'they'd do in light of His sayings. That is comparing spiritual to spiritual...
You are assuming that she doesn't read the bible and hasn't looked at scripture and aligned herself with it. There is no law, Godly or otherwise, that she must align herself with your particular interpretation of scripture.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I assume nothing of the sort. What I do is as scripture clearly states. And when we read the Bible and know what He says, we compare what He says with what the proverbial 'they'd do in light of His sayings. That is comparing spiritual to spiritual...

Interesting. I was unaware that all Christians and bible scholars everywhere are in 100% full agreement on what the "scripture clearly states." :)

• Winner
Reactions: Gaz54au
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
I think Hillsong has a few more issues than this woman shaving her head. Have you seen and or heard their (video) of their version of "Silent Night"? What message are they sending out regarding Holy God compared to what we find in scripture?
Hillsong's "Sleazy Silent Night!"
Look at the strange figure rising in the backdrop of this Hillsong video during a worship music video.
Starts at 38:30

strange_figure_rising.png

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am sorry brother but Paul would not agree with you as much of he wrote about was concerning what you did, what you wore, how you looked and so on. if you ignore that you are ignoring what God said because he inspired ALL scripture, not just those bits that keep us happy.

Who is the more important; Jesus Christ, or His follower, St. Paul.

Personally, I'll listen to Jesus!

Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I could never be so cruel as to tell someone with XXY or other such genetic abnormalities that are the make of Satan. Life is already cruel to them and an unkind opinion is the last thing they need....though I dont truly think youre intending to be unkind.

You misunderstood me Zoii, I am not saying God didn't create them, or that he is punishing them, or that the devil made them, I'm just saying that unfortunately due to the fall, things are not always perfect in life..........just like sickness or disease in general, or any other problems due to the curse of the fall. Babies are sometimes born with heart defects, just like they can be born with hormonal and genital abnormalities, or any other deformations, or people can develop sickness and disease later in life......these things are the works of the devil on the persons's body, what he has inflicted on them, it is not the whole person that is the work or creation of the devil.

I was just making the point that God made us male and female and nothing in between.......so I was just pointing out, in brackets, that God didn't make anybody into an "in betweener" as such...........and of course I agree He did make all people, regardless of whatever problems they are born with. Hope that clears up the misunderstanding.

• Friendly
Reactions: Zoii
Upvote 0

Jezmeyah

member since 7-14-16
Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
✟32,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think anyone has said she intended to or was making a rebellious statement.
If she's not making a rebellious statement, then the only other option readily available is that she shaved her hair off because it was so chemically damaged.
However, what she did (her outward testimony without speaking a word)
You are inserting an issue that shouldn't be there.

She had spoken concerning it.. that her mother had done it.. that it was because of it's chemical damage.
.. does reveal a lack of knowledge of what scripture tells us is to be our way and actions.
Scripture doesn't tell us to refrain from shaving the hair even if it resembles hay.. elst one's godliness shall be in question.

However it does say, "Man looks on outward appearance but God looks on the heart."

In any case, you are discounting the length of time that she's worn her hair at a biblical length for women.

I come from a denomination that didn't have a hairlength code that somehow reflected one's godliness, and I was taught not to be quick to judge others.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is written, Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgession. 1 Timothy 2:11-14.

When it says that women should remain silent, the word (in Greek) they are using YSIKAIA which means that the men should teach (which will end when we get to heaven), and the women should CONTINUE in unending, mystical prayer (which does not end when we get together. This is not a put down of men, but defining roles for the Church.

Adam and Eve were both formed at the same time, from the dust of the ground. Adam contained the rib which became Eve. And while Eve might have been the first deceived, she fell for a line which satan still uses today, telling us that if we do such and so, things will be much better. And people still fall for it today, when we do know the difference between right and wrong.

I'm sorry, I usually agree with St. Paul, but he is a child of his upbringing and culture, and at the time, most cultures did not have a good opinion of women, thinking that they are there for cleaning, cooking, sex, and child rearing.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Has she given an explanation as to why she shaved her head?

Has she been allowed to publish a reason, or has she been silenced by Hillsong?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
things are not always perfect in life..........just like sickness or disease in general, or any other problems due to the curse of the fall.

Things are not always perfect? Things are NEVER perfect.God is the only thing that IS perfect.

I will admit that I have some genetic issues, which is one of the reasons why I decided never to be a father. I don't want anyone else to be saddled with these problems. But my issues are because of the fall, not sin in my life or my parents (or any of my ancestors). God still created me, and I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This female worship leader is unjust in that which is least, as we will see that the matter of long and short hair is of importance to the angels and therefore the issue must be observed strictly according to the scriptures lest we be a stumbling block to them.

Blather! I really doubt that the length of a person's hair is important to the angels. Show me Scripture, and after I look at it, and have my monastic superior translate it back to Greek and/or Hebrew, then I might agree. But you telling someone that the angels care about the length of a person's hair is so much BLATHER!

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Actually, I searched it and she says she just wanted it short. That's it. She gonna do what she gonna do, I s'pose.

Oh, then we should throw her out into the outer darkness, I suppose.

The length of a person's hair is not--repeat not--important in God's plan of salvation for that woman. If it was, He would have told her, in no uncertain terms.

Let's just take a look at me. I have very long hair. Sometimes it's down to my shoulders. I also have a long beard. But if I am going to do something important, like public speaking (Not that I've done that in a long time), I have my hair and beard trimmed and neat looking. As it is, I just let it go. The Hermitage can use the money better someplace else.

• Agree
Reactions: lambkisses
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
She also might be signaling some transgender thing. She does now look like a dude, which is the very reason for the biblical prohibition against this.

Just because a person has long or short hair does NOT mean that there is anything transgender about this. That assumption is GOSSIP!

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Oh, then we should throw her out into the outer darkness, I suppose.

The length of a person's hair is not--repeat not--important in God's plan of salvation for that woman. If it was, He would have told her, in no uncertain terms.

Let's just take a look at me. I have very long hair. Sometimes it's down to my shoulders. I also have a long beard. But if I am going to do something important, like public speaking (Not that I've done that in a long time), I have my hair and beard trimmed and neat looking. As it is, I just let it go. The Hermitage can use the money better someplace else.

John Wesley was a rebel too! :)

From a biography I've been reading:

He became a hard and wide student, and, indeed, continued such all his life. Hebrew, Arabic, Greek, Latin, logic, ethics, metaphysics, natural philosophy, oratory, poetry, and divinity entered into his weekly plan of study. He obtained the degree of Master of Arts in 1727, acquiring much reputation in his disputation for his degree. His financial struggles were over, but he was rigid in his economy and was able to help his father and his family to the end of life. He saved about 2 a year by allowing his hair to grow long, in spite of the protest of his mother, thus escaping the expense of a wig.​

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's not a "hair cut".

It's a "buzz" cut.

That doesn't matter! If you
A proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, a false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren

God also hates divorce!

Okay, all of the divorced people--OUT OF THE POOL! You can't possibly be saved, you can have no union with God or anyone else in the Christian Community.

Get MY point?

(BTW, I am not putting down divorced people. I am just using that as an example of the silliness of the thoughts on this thread. I am trying to point out that there must be some balance. You can't take ONE verse out of the Bible and make a whole theology about it. That is just as much idolatry as what Hindus do.)

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That doesn't matter! If you

God also hates divorce!

Okay, all of the divorced people--OUT OF THE POOL! You can't possibly be saved, you can have no union with God or anyone else in the Christian Community.

Get MY point?

(BTW, I am not putting down divorced people. I am just using that as an example of the silliness of the thoughts on this thread. I am trying to point out that there must be some balance. You can't take ONE verse out of the Bible and make a whole theology about it. That is just as much idolatry as what Hindus do.)

Thank you for sharing your opinion, although i was responding to someone else's post.

Your opinion is noted.

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.