Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I pray that the Holy Spirit will convict those who have called me a pig and a Pharisee, even if they only did so in their hearts.

You really should consider the underlying scripture.

Hank, the leadership of Hillsong is far away from me. I also did not intend the OP as gossip, but posted it in the hopes that someone in leadership at Hillsong would see it. Also it should be clear that Taya in her action was intending to promote the idea that it is NOT a shame for a woman to have her head shaven or shorn. But it is a shame. If it is not a sin but a shame for a man to have long hair, then it is a shame for a woman to have shorn hair.

Upvote 0

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I pray that the Holy Spirit will convict those who have called me a pig and a Pharisee, even if they only did so in their hearts.

Hank, the leadership of Hillsong is far away from me. I also did not intend the OP as gossip, but posted it in the hopes that someone in leadership at Hillsong would see it. Also it should be clear that Taya in her action was intending to promote the idea that it is NOT a shame for a woman to have her head shaven or shorn. But it is a shame. If it is not a sin but a shame for a man to have long hair, then it is a shame for a woman to have shorn hair.

Taya Smith

Here ya go...message her directly and ask her why she shaved her head.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you were to open up the scientific literature of that age you would find that Long hair in men and short hair in women impaired the functionality of procreation.

We are in THIS age, the 21st Century

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
Worship is more than singing with upraised hands. True worship is in ALL we do, say, and act to reflect Christ. Scripture is where to go and read what Jesus Christ's gospel tells us to obey...from the heart. If the things we do are not lining up with scripture. God does not flounder and fawn around with what HE is calling us to be...Holy...in all our ways. Learning what His Word says and doing it is of the utmost importance. That is genuine faith in action...and by practice, we learn discernment to know what is contrary to HIS Word.

My people perish for lack of knowledge...

Proverbs 5:23

Why would you say the man "is above reproach"? Very unscriptural. Read the Bible and find out what it truly says on the matters being discussed. When we truly know what scripture says, we know when something is contrary to it and how a true son/daughter of the Most High God should conduct themselves while in this world to be a light shining out of the darkness.

If one can't be faithful in the little things, how will that person ever grow into the being HE calls us to be IN Christ? How can one be faithful when s/he doesn't even know what scripture tells/confirms we are to be/become?

Finding out what The Holy Bible says and declares is of the utmost importance.
2 Timothy 3:16-17King James Version (KJV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Obviously.
Those posts were said tongue in cheek to make a point.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I noticed with much displeasure that one of the female worship leaders at Hillsong has shaved her head.

Now to many of you this may seem to be nitpicking and touching on a peripheral issue; but I assure you that it is important to the Lord.

First of all, there is Luke 16:10. He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust (unrighteous) in that which is least is unjust (unrighteous) also in much.

This female worship leader is unjust in that which is least, as we will see that the matter of long and short hair is of importance to the angels and therefore the issue must be observed strictly according to the scriptures lest we be a stumbling block to them.

Therefore to the leadership at Hillsong I ask that she be taken down from ministry until her hair grows back.

Even Samson didn't get his strength back until his hair became a proper length once again to prove that his Nazirite vow was once more in effect.

Now of course when one member of the body suffers, we all suffer as members of the body, so such a disciplinary action is sometihng that we would all feel. But I say that this ought to be done for the sake of the angels.

1 Corintihans 11:10, For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

Now I am saying this with the idea in mind that the normal covering that God considers to be "power on her head" is long hair given to the woman...see 1 Corinthians 11:13-15. But for the sake of propriety in worship, another solution other than waiting for her hair to grow back might be to provide a scarf for her to put over her head during times of public ministry, as is the pracitce of the Amish and certain other groups.

I want to also say that it is alright for Hillsong to televise certain teaching sessions where women are doing the teaching, but that it needs to be clear that there is a male person who is that person's covering. It is written, Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgession. 1 Timothy 2:11-14.
Therefore the woman must be covered spiritually by a male who is over her, who will judge her message before it is given to make sure that it doesn't contain elements of deception within it.
This represents everything I so hate about christianity. The pettiness, pedantic non-sensical dogma along with plain old misogyny is totally repelling to me.

There are many men that support this type of tyranny.
Hillsong Pressured To Remove Controversial,

Interesting that one of the most extreme pastors, Jack Schapp, was unapologetically anti-female and was later convicted for 11 years for paedophilia.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I noticed with much displeasure that one of the female worship leaders at Hillsong has shaved her head.

Now to many of you this may seem to be nitpicking and touching on a peripheral issue; but I assure you that it is important to the Lord.

First of all, there is Luke 16:10. He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust (unrighteous) in that which is least is unjust (unrighteous) also in much.

This female worship leader is unjust in that which is least, as we will see that the matter of long and short hair is of importance to the angels and therefore the issue must be observed strictly according to the scriptures lest we be a stumbling block to them.

Therefore to the leadership at Hillsong I ask that she be taken down from ministry until her hair grows back.

Even Samson didn't get his strength back until his hair became a proper length once again to prove that his Nazirite vow was once more in effect.

Now of course when one member of the body suffers, we all suffer as members of the body, so such a disciplinary action is sometihng that we would all feel. But I say that this ought to be done for the sake of the angels.

1 Corintihans 11:10, For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

Now I am saying this with the idea in mind that the normal covering that God considers to be "power on her head" is long hair given to the woman...see 1 Corinthians 11:13-15. But for the sake of propriety in worship, another solution other than waiting for her hair to grow back might be to provide a scarf for her to put over her head during times of public ministry, as is the pracitce of the Amish and certain other groups.

I want to also say that it is alright for Hillsong to televise certain teaching sessions where women are doing the teaching, but that it needs to be clear that there is a male person who is that person's covering. It is written, Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgession. 1 Timothy 2:11-14.
Therefore the woman must be covered spiritually by a male who is over her, who will judge her message before it is given to make sure that it doesn't contain elements of deception within it.

I know a lot of people will make excuses for this woman because she is from Hillsong, but the fact is satan appears as an angel of light and when you compromise one truth it is easy to compromise on other truths.

In too many churches today, decisions are made on the basis of what is good for a person, persons or the organisation. Not many it seems make decisions by FIRST searching the scriptures and seeing what God says about it.

If they don't do this, they become captive to opinions that suit them, rather than instructions that are clearly set out by God. When this happens they cease to be "His" church.

In one church I attended they gave me a booklet setting out the denomination's beliefs wich I had to agree to so that I could become a member. I read it through and found 31 beliefs that were not supported in scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This represents everything I so hate about christianity. The pettiness, pedantic non-sensical dogma along with plain old misogyny is totally repelling to me.

Such a sweeping statement could be construed as petty, pedantic, nonsensical dogma.

There is a movement in the UK that will not have women on the Eldership. Are the women complaining? No. Are the women being disadvantaged? No. Are the women making an issue of it? No. Are the women happy? Yes. Are the men bullying misogynists? No. Are the men graceful, spiritual and caring? Yes. Is the movement growing? Yes.

There are more dangers in ignoring the word of God than fulfilling it. A classic example is in the USA. Churches that are embracing the homosexual agenda are losing members big time. Churches that are not embracing the homosexual agenda are growing big time.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Such a sweeping statement could be construed as petty, pedantic, nonsensical dogma.

There is a movement in the UK that will not have women on the Eldership. Are the women complaining? No. Are the women being disadvantaged? No. Are the women making an issue of it? No. Are the women happy? Yes. Are the men bullying misogynists? No. Are the men graceful, spiritual and caring? Yes. Is the movement growing? Yes.

There are more dangers in ignoring the word of God than fulfilling it. A classic example is in the USA. Churches that are embracing the homosexual agenda are losing members big time. Churches that are not embracing the homosexual agenda are growing big time.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
That the movement you refer to disqualifying female participation in the eldership serves to prove my point. I note you havent actually offered research or objective measures to support your views so I gather this is perhaps a reflection of your personal thoughts and are subjective.

I on the other hand can back my views up with objective research - As an example - Research shows that religious involvement can be a factor in reducing the risk of spousal abuse. In a national survey of 4,662 Catholics and Protestants , higher levels of church attendance were predictive of lower levels of reported cases of domestic violence. The exception to this pattern was Protestants, who held strong beliefs about the inerrancy of the Bible and religious authority.

Reference: Ellison CG, Bartkowski JP, Anderson KL: Are there religious variations in domestic violence? J Farm Issues 1999; 20:87-113

There is also excellent evidence demonstrating benefits to women with the increasing involvement of female pastors, particularly in relation to marital counselling and domestic abuse.
References:
1.Stotland NL: Tug-of-war: domestic abuse and the misuse of religion. Am J Psychiatry 2000: 157:696-702

2. Bowker LH: Religious victims and their religious leaders, in Abuse and Religion. Edited by Horton AL, Williamson JA. Lexington, Mass, Heath, 1988, pp 229-234

Now I appreciate YOU believe the men of your congregation are fab and the women just love the patriarchy - Im just highlighting that YOUR view might not be totally objective.

• Informative
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That the movement you refer to disqualifying female participation in the eldership serves to prove my point. I note you havent actually offered research or objective measures to support your views so I gather this is perhaps a reflection of your personal thoughts and are subjective.

I on the other hand can back my views up with objective research - As an example - Research shows that religious involvement can be a factor in reducing the risk of spousal abuse. In a national survey of 4,662 Catholics and Protestants , higher levels of church attendance were predictive of lower levels of reported cases of domestic violence. The exception to this pattern was Protestants, who held strong beliefs about the inerrancy of the Bible and religious authority.

Reference: Ellison CG, Bartkowski JP, Anderson KL: Are there religious variations in domestic violence? J Farm Issues 1999; 20:87-113

There is also excellent evidence demonstrating benefits to women with the increasing involvement of female pastors, particularly in relation to marital counselling and domestic abuse.
References:
1.Stotland NL: Tug-of-war: domestic abuse and the misuse of religion. Am J Psychiatry 2000: 157:696-702

2. Bowker LH: Religious victims and their religious leaders, in Abuse and Religion. Edited by Horton AL, Williamson JA. Lexington, Mass, Heath, 1988, pp 229-234

Now I appreciate YOU believe the men of your congregation are fab and the women just love the patriarchy - Im just highlighting that YOUR view might not be totally objective.

I never said it was in my congregation. I said there is a movement in the UK. I don't live in the UK so my objectivity is not in question, especially to know that they are a growing movement.

The church growth experts say that the best way to grow the church is to start new ones. I know for a fact that this is a major plank of this movements operation. Someone feels called by God to start up a new fellowship in another town and if the Elders confirm this is the case, they will sell up and leave where they are and move to that town and usually half a dozen families will do the same so they have a nucleus to start a new fellowship.

You said "That the movement you refer to disqualifying female participation in the eldership serves to prove my point."

That could not be further from the truth as the men of the movement are not "petty, pedantic or misogynist."

Let me ask you "How many of these men do you know. One, 10, 100 or more?" I know all the major leadership because the movement I was involved in had a lot to do with them and I have never come upon more gracious men than the leadership of it.

My research has been done at the coal face in meeting with the people concerned and having many friends who are part of that movement and the graciousness these men exhibit rubs off on them.

As I said the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

One other thing. What is wrong with the church following the teaching of scripture? If you don't like what it teaches you will have to take that up with God as he inspired ALL scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
here is the issue....
GOd loved the world and sent His only begotten son....

JEsus said upon this rock I will build my Church
The gates of Hell will not prevail against it

GOd wrote the Bible as the breath of God breathed on men ...same as with His own hand....
No different than the 10 commandments......

He can run His church the way He wants to...
HIs church His way His rules .........
His ministers have written requirements and qualifications.
Titus and 1 timothy

Men always messed up Gods church......
Read the NT.......
Read revelation and the 7 churches...only 1 church didnt need correction.......
Read the book of corinthians........it is almost exactly the same situation we see in America today with breaking Gods requirements for qualified leaders....

GOd inspired Paul to require strict correction and discipline and remove many leaders......in corinth

Did they all repent..??. No
Most did not!!!!!!....only a few
And it is the same today...most will not repent because they love the praise of men...more than the praise of God

Thus the term mega church

Beware when all men think well of you for so they did of the false prophets
LUke 6:26

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gaz54au

Apr 23, 2017
Tenterfield
✟12,444.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Me thinks that people need to stop worrying about the speck in someone else's eye and maybe get the plank out of theirs.

Jesus said:
Matthew 7King James Version (KJV)
7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Our job as Christians is to 1: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength
And 2: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself

So we don't worry about hair or color or sex or wealth/status and or even different beliefs.
We need to keep our eyes on our salvation, Jesus Christ and what we need to do for God and His kingdom.
Not what others do or say or wear...

Upvote 0

Jezmeyah

member since 7-14-16
Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
✟32,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I follow Taya on Instagram and she's mentioned before how bleaching her hair platinum/grey has made it weak and unhealthy. When your hair is chemically damaged, the only thing there is really left to do is cut it. Whether or not she grows it back, I don't really understand all the animosity.
Having been trained in the field of hairstyling, I could tell that her 'before' picture showed extensive hair damage from hairstyling chemicals. And I had read that her mother had shaved her hair off, so shall any of us on this forum discuss her mother's disobedience to the scriptures?

I'm being rhetoric.
There is no reason to think that she intended it as some kind of 'rebellious' statement or disobedience to scriptures as some have supposed.

The 'after' picture brings out her facial beauty that her 'before' picture had not. I'm not supporting that she keep her head shaved, I'm supportive of undamaged hair and a better hairstyle that would emphasize her natural beauty.

But in any case it is what it is for the time being, so she ministers in song while waiting for her hair to grow back.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is no reason to think that she intended it as some kind of 'rebellious' statement or disobedience to scriptures as some have supposed.

I don't think anyone has said she intended to or was making a rebellious statement. However, what she did (her outward testimony without speaking a word) does reveal a lack of knowledge of what scripture tells us is to be our way and actions. And it has been noted by scripture that those in ministry are held to greater accountability as they should 'know' The Way as laid out in scripture by revelation of the Holy Spirit before going off to minister, else what they minister comes from somewhere else other than HIS spirit.

Again, those in ministry according to scripture must know HIS ways before they go a ministering. Those who do know discernment through seeking HIM in spirit and in Truth through holy scripture can SEE...have discernment to know the difference. It is then not the person who is doing the judging, but the person looking to the word for alignment. When something does not line up with the word of God, then it is contrary to God.

We who genuinely believe are all undergoing a process by the Holy Spirit that unctions us to seek HIS ways and by doing so, learn discernment of what is from The Spirit and what is from the flesh (human understanding).

Getting up to sing a song as a layperson is one thing. To be in leadership of a music ministry (or any public ministry) has strict requirements according to scripture. The OP addressed this matter using scripture, or held the person's action up to the LIGHT and it revealed something that was not LIGHT.

When someone is in public ministry, they are sowing seed. That seed either comes from the spirit of LIGHT, Christ, or it comes from the flesh and human mind. Therein is the problem. Therein lay the reason public ministers are held to higher accountability...they are spreading a message that is contrary to scripture. Everything that person in ministry does must align with the Cornerstone, again, according to scripture.

It is quite distressing that so many are pointing the finger at the writer of the OP and all who by the grace of God see the lack of LIGHT in the action. If the girl with the shaved hair were a lay person, it would not be regarded in quite the same way. Those in ministry who do not know The Way have no business out there trying to point a way that does not align with scripture. See the difference?

Now, the judgements being passed upon those who have held this ministry up to the LIGHT reveal something, too. They appear to be coming from a lack of understanding on what scripture truly says about judging. We either judge according to our own perception or according to The Spirit (that always aligns with scripture.) ADDENDUM: Then, it is not the person judging, but The Word of God. Again, see the difference? If you question what that person is saying, look to SEE what scripture is saying and then compare the persons word/action to scripture, not human perception/understanding.

All we have to do is look at the world around us to see the lack of LIGHT in it. We are to be salt and light in a dark world. If we say and do exactly as the rest of the world, then we are not being that salt and LIGHT. We walk in the darkness like the rest of the world, not being set aside apart as scripture says we should.

Reading the Bible is so important and part of seeking to find out what HE says we are to be and do, then doing it by faith. Anything else is unbelief.

Upvote 0

medelia

Oct 10, 2010
✟15,801.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This thread!! Seriously!! pretty sad to be tearing down a faithful child of God simply because of a haircut!!
But to clarify, in Australia we have an annual charity event called Shave for a cure, which entails shaving ones head to raise money for an important children's charity for little kids with cancer, all the proceeds go to help these little ones find a cure, pretty humble reason to shave your head if you ask me...

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are in THIS age, the 21st Century
That is correct, and in this age we know that hair length does not affect the ability to procreate. Meaning that we need not be concerned with hair length outside of social norms.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Me thinks that people need to stop worrying about the speck in someone else's eye and maybe get the plank out of theirs.

Jesus said:
Matthew 7King James Version (KJV)
7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Our job as Christians is to 1: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength
And 2: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself

So we don't worry about hair or color or sex or wealth/status and or even different beliefs.
We need to keep our eyes on our salvation, Jesus Christ and what we need to do for God and His kingdom.
Not what others do or say or wear...

I am sorry brother but Paul would not agree with you as much of he wrote about was concerning what you did, what you wore, how you looked and so on. if you ignore that you are ignoring what God said because he inspired ALL scripture, not just those bits that keep us happy.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I never said it was in my congregation. I said there is a movement in the UK. I don't live in the UK so my objectivity is not in question, especially to know that they are a growing movement.

The church growth experts say that the best way to grow the church is to start new ones. I know for a fact that this is a major plank of this movements operation. Someone feels called by God to start up a new fellowship in another town and if the Elders confirm this is the case, they will sell up and leave where they are and move to that town and usually half a dozen families will do the same so they have a nucleus to start a new fellowship.

You said "That the movement you refer to disqualifying female participation in the eldership serves to prove my point."

That could not be further from the truth as the men of the movement are not "petty, pedantic or misogynist."

Let me ask you "How many of these men do you know. One, 10, 100 or more?" I know all the major leadership because the movement I was involved in had a lot to do with them and I have never come upon more gracious men than the leadership of it.

My research has been done at the coal face in meeting with the people concerned and having many friends who are part of that movement and the graciousness these men exhibit rubs off on them.

As I said the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

One other thing. What is wrong with the church following the teaching of scripture? If you don't like what it teaches you will have to take that up with God as he inspired ALL scripture.
I disagree concerning your objectivity and the meaning of the term. Being objective requires you to remove any bias or preconceived opinion - now neither of us is unbiased which is why I provided some objective research instead. Now your further opinions you stated are just that - an opinion. But I want to provide some more objective research (Ie measured data from researchers who exclude bias)

1. The world Health Organization reports that overwhelmingly violence against women is perpetrated against women by their spouse (92%).
2. There is a direct relationship between a desire to control women and a religous organisation that is patriarchal (Dobash 1979; Jsinski 2001; Steimetz 1988)
3. Patriarchal christians were more likely to justify spousal abuse (Knickmeyer et al 2004)
4. There is a higher risk of violence against women where christian dogma expresses patriarchal authority over women (Ellison 1999)
5. In men where a patriarchal authority is maintained, male perpetrators of spousal abuse are less likely to seek counselling (Edleson et al 1986)
6. Men or patriarchal religous belief systems are more inclined to provide moral reasoning for the abuse of their spouse (Buttell 1999; Kane et al 2000)

I recognize that Hillsong is a strong and popular religious corporation. However I disagree with your assertion it is full of good men. As an Australian you know full well that that it has been called before the Royal Commission into Institutional Child Sexual abuse with the Commission making some damming condemnations of the corporation. It was particularly condemning of the founder's father guilty of multiple child sexual assaults, and the systematic cover-up by its founder. These as you know were not the only accusations against Hillsong.

So I object to your statement that its all good reliable men. That you are at the coal face matters little. Im at the coal face as well as a teenage christian, and these are the objective facts upon which I base my opinion.

• Informative
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I agree with the intent of your OP, justbyfaith..........the church has become worldly and looking like the world and following the world..........instead of sticking with the simple words of scripture, we just like to argue it away. It is a shame for women to try to look like men and for men to look like women, for sure.

As someone has pointed out, there is a concerted attempt in these last days to blurr the lines between the masculine and feminine, to feminize the masculine and masculinize (if there is such a word) the feminine.........but male and female created He us........and there is no mention of anything in between.

(Just to say, on rare occasions when there are babies born with both male and female characteristics or related problems, I don't consider that is God's doing, but the devil's interference resulting from the fall, just like with any sickness/disease or any other congenital birth defects.)

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
(Just to say, on rare occasions when there are babies born with both male and female characteristics or related problems, I don't consider that is God's doing, but the devil's interference resulting from the fall, just like with any sickness/disease or any other congenital birth defects.)
I could never be so cruel as to tell someone with XXY or other such genetic abnormalities that are the make of Satan. Life is already cruel to them and an unkind opinion is the last thing they need....though I dont truly think youre intending to be unkind.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I don't think anyone has said she intended to or was making a rebellious statement. However, what she did (her outward testimony without speaking a word) does reveal a lack of knowledge of what scripture tells us is to be our way and actions. And it has been noted by scripture that those in ministry are held to greater accountability as they should 'know' The Way as laid out in scripture by revelation of the Holy Spirit before going off to minister, else what they minister comes from somewhere else other than HIS spirit.

Again, those in ministry according to scripture must know HIS ways before they go a ministering. Those who do know discernment through seeking HIM in spirit and in Truth through holy scripture can SEE...have discernment to know the difference. It is then not the person who is doing the judging, but the person looking to the word for alignment. When something does not line up with the word of God, then it is contrary to God.

We who genuinely believe are all undergoing a process by the Holy Spirit that unctions us to seek HIS ways and by doing so, learn discernment of what is from The Spirit and what is from the flesh (human understanding).

Getting up to sing a song as a layperson is one thing. To be in leadership of a music ministry (or any public ministry) has strict requirements according to scripture. The OP addressed this matter using scripture, or held the person's action up to the LIGHT and it revealed something that was not LIGHT.

When someone is in public ministry, they are sowing seed. That seed either comes from the spirit of LIGHT, Christ, or it comes from the flesh and human mind. Therein is the problem. Therein lay the reason public ministers are held to higher accountability...they are spreading a message that is contrary to scripture. Everything that person in ministry does must align with the Cornerstone, again, according to scripture.

It is quite distressing that so many are pointing the finger at the writer of the OP and all who by the grace of God see the lack of LIGHT in the action. If the girl with the shaved hair were a lay person, it would not be regarded in quite the same way. Those in ministry who do not know The Way have no business out there trying to point a way that does not align with scripture. See the difference?

Now, the judgements being passed upon those who have held this ministry up to the LIGHT reveal something, too. They appear to be coming from a lack of understanding on what scripture truly says about judging. We either judge according to our own perception or according to The Spirit (that always aligns with scripture.) ADDENDUM: Then, it is not the person judging, but The Word of God. Again, see the difference? If you question what that person is saying, look to SEE what scripture is saying and then compare the persons word/action to scripture, not human perception/understanding.

All we have to do is look at the world around us to see the lack of LIGHT in it. We are to be salt and light in a dark world. If we say and do exactly as the rest of the world, then we are not being that salt and LIGHT. We walk in the darkness like the rest of the world, not being set aside apart as scripture says we should.

Reading the Bible is so important and part of seeking to find out what HE says we are to be and do, then doing it by faith. Anything else is unbelief.

You are assuming that she doesn't read the bible and hasn't looked at scripture and aligned herself with it. There is no law, Godly or otherwise, that she must align herself with your particular interpretation of scripture.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.