Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I noticed with much displeasure that one of the female worship leaders at Hillsong has shaved her head.

Now to many of you this may seem to be nitpicking and touching on a peripheral issue; but I assure you that it is important to the Lord.

First of all, there is Luke 16:10. He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust (unrighteous) in that which is least is unjust (unrighteous) also in much.

This female worship leader is unjust in that which is least, as we will see that the matter of long and short hair is of importance to the angels and therefore the issue must be observed strictly according to the scriptures lest we be a stumbling block to them.

Therefore to the leadership at Hillsong I ask that she be taken down from ministry until her hair grows back.

Even Samson didn't get his strength back until his hair became a proper length once again to prove that his Nazirite vow was once more in effect.

Now of course when one member of the body suffers, we all suffer as members of the body, so such a disciplinary action is sometihng that we would all feel. But I say that this ought to be done for the sake of the angels.

1 Corintihans 11:10, For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

Now I am saying this with the idea in mind that the normal covering that God considers to be "power on her head" is long hair given to the woman...see 1 Corinthians 11:13-15. But for the sake of propriety in worship, another solution other than waiting for her hair to grow back might be to provide a scarf for her to put over her head during times of public ministry, as is the pracitce of the Amish and certain other groups.

I want to also say that it is alright for Hillsong to televise certain teaching sessions where women are doing the teaching, but that it needs to be clear that there is a male person who is that person's covering. It is written, Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgession. 1 Timothy 2:11-14.
Therefore the woman must be covered spiritually by a male who is over her, who will judge her message before it is given to make sure that it doesn't contain elements of deception within it.

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is going to sound weird and absurd but it's true. The hair reference in 1 Corinthians 11:13-15 is about procreation. It's why he references the teachings of nature.

If you were to open up the scientific literature of that age you would find that Long hair in men and short hair in women impaired the functionality of procreation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Whatever you do do for the Lord and don't judge others for it.

I've thought about shaving my head before to symbolize a new start when I came back to God in the end I just cut it short, I still cover when praying.

She may have a perfectly sound reason you know nothing about.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Therefore to the leadership at Hillsong I ask that she be taken down from ministry until her hair grows back.
Oh my goodness, really? What if she has a child or someone close to her, that has cancer and is going thru treatment, and she did this in support of them to cause comfort to the one suffering?
I want to also say that it is alright for Hillsong to televise certain teaching sessions where women are doing the teaching, but that it needs to be clear that there is a male person who is that person's covering.
I have no words.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I noticed with much displeasure that one of the female worship leaders at Hillsong has shaved her head.

Now to many of you this may seem to be nitpicking and touching on a peripheral issue; but I assure you that it is important to the Lord.

First of all, there is Luke 16:10. He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust (unrighteous) in that which is least is unjust (unrighteous) also in much.

This female worship leader is unjust in that which is least, as we will see that the matter of long and short hair is of importance to the angels and therefore the issue must be observed strictly according to the scriptures lest we be a stumbling block to them.

Even Samson didn't get his strength back until his hair became a proper length once again to prove that his Nazirite vow was once more in effect.

Now of course when one member of the body suffers, we all suffer as members of the body, so such a disciplinary action is sometihng that we would all feel. But I say that this ought to be done for the sake of the angels.

1 Corintihans 11:10, For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

Now I am saying this with the idea in mind that the normal covering that God considers to be "power on her head" is long hair given to the woman...see 1 Corinthians 11:13-15. But for the sake of propriety in worship, another solution other than waiting for her hair to grow back might be to provide a scarf for her to put over her head during times of public ministry, as is the pracitce of the Amish and certain other groups.

I want to also say that it is alright for Hillsong to televise certain teaching sessions where women are doing the teaching, but that it needs to be clear that there is a male person who is that person's covering. It is written, Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgession. 1 Timothy 2:11-14.
Therefore the woman must be covered spiritually by a male who is over her, who will judge her message before it is given to make sure that it doesn't contain elements of deception within it.

Disgusting and disgusted; however, I'm not surprised.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you think women should wear head coverings then you would have to agree that women also shouldn't wear makeup, shouldn't have jewelry, shouldn't buy anything for themselves and basically should just serve the man as a slave? Right? I say this because you can't say one thing is true but not the rest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,411.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If you think women should wear head coverings then you would have to agree that women also shouldn't wear makeup, shouldn't have jewelry, shouldn't buy anything for themselves and basically should just serve the man as a slave? Right? I say this because you can't say one thing is true but not the rest.

Why? Scripture never prohibits makeup, jewelry, purchasing items nor does it ever depict women as men's slaves. It does, however, clearly state that a man ought not to cover his head and that he ought to have short hair.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Why? Scripture never prohibits makeup, jewelry, purchasing items nor does it ever depict women as men's slaves. It does, however, clearly state that a man ought not to cover his head and that he ought to have short hair.

I agree with you.

Mixing in the negative, and completely unrelated, things like slavery, makeup, etc, into a head covering debate is a technique designed to confuse, but it is easy to see through.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,411.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I agree with you.

Mixing in the negative, and completely unrelated, things like slavery, makeup, etc, into a head covering debate is a technique designed to confuse, but it is easy to see through.

Thanks. Diversionary tactics like that are generally signs of defeat.

• Agree
Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
1 Timothy 2:9-10 and 1 Peter 3:3-5 are verses to be obeyed. God did not just nullify them because they don't go with the culture of today. And I didn't really expect my post to be very popular...see Matthew 5:10-12 and Luke 6:22, Luke 6:26.

The point behind the post is that those who are unfaithful in that which is least will be unfaithful and unjust in that which is much.

Our culture may not like the things that the Lord has said in 1 Corinthians 11:1-16, but the instructions are given for the sake of the angels and therefore ought not to be ignored.

You want to call me a Pharisee, go right ahead. Paul was a Pharisee, and Jesus also said that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees you willl in no wise enter heaven. Also, I am not touting any kind of man-made interpretation of Old Testament law. These are instructions given for the New Testament Church.

As for cancer, I thought of that; and the way that you Solomon's Porch put it it would seem to justify it. However she is also in a position where she is a worship leader and things like this will serve to nullify the word of the Lord in the long run and cause people to think that it is not valid for today but out of date. If 1 Corinthians 11:1-16 is not valid for today, then other scriptures also might not be valid for today. Because she is in a position of public ministry, her priority ought not to be making a statement about cancer (which has a worldly tint to it) but obedience to the word of the Lord. And also again, the reason for the mandate in scripture is that it is because of the angels; and angels pay much more attention to worship leaders than if she had not been in a position of public ministry.

Oh my goodness, really? What if she has a child or someone close to her, that has cancer and is going thru treatment, and she did this in support of them to cause comfort to the one suffering?

I have no words.

Disgusting and disgusted; however, I'm not surprised in the least coming from HS.

Holy Spirit?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Valyn
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know and maybe it's just me, but this just sounds so harsh of a judgment. I truly didn't know people viewed stuff like you've posted in such a way, gives ya something to think about. I have no ill intent trust me, God bless ya :)

• Winner
Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status