Aug 16, 2008
✟12,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so your ok with people becoming gay?

and yes feminism is a key factor

men are growing up viewing women as the provider and strength of the family with men being in a more submissive nurturing role

and women are growing up seeing the same thing taking on masculine quality's

Upvote 0

&Abel

Aug 16, 2008
✟12,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No one is more beautiful than when they are serving the Lord in the manner for which He made them. If men do not recognize and marvel at the what God created in the nurturer they are wrong.

However, I have no sympathy for a whining complaining woman. God did not intend that men and woman compete in the workforce. Glorify God in what your are given to do. When anyone complains that they are treated unfairly, it is not God they are glorifying.

I agree and I'm glad you said it

I honestly don't respect women who attempt to control me(and women do try to control...its not just a leadership role)

and yet I have so much respect for those meek, gentle and more submissive type women

warms my heart just thinking about them and I give them the same gentleness right back

Upvote 0

&Abel

Aug 16, 2008
✟12,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and women don't want a pushover for a man either...they want to feel safe and taken care of

like they have someone they can count on in an emergency

of course I'm not implying that men shouldn't share in housework etc....I have no problem doing dishes, cleaning etc(well I'm single so I have no choice)

but even if I wasn't, I wouldn't feel right sitting back while my wife did everything

I'm not saying I'd be against my wife working, but I would hope that if we had a family that would come first and she would not put our child in a position where he/she could be raised in an unbalanced household so she could pursue a career

Upvote 0

LJSGM

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
Wisconsin
✟15,171.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
However, I have no sympathy for a whining complaining woman.

Who is whining, who is complaining? And about what exactly?

God did not intend that men and woman compete in the workforce.

The "workforce" as if it were a design of God.

Women worked outside the home and it was never condemned by God.

Acts 16
13On the Sabbath we went outside the city gate to the river, where we expected to find a place of prayer. We sat down and began to speak to the women who had gathered there. 14One of those listening was a woman named Lydia, a dealer in purple cloth from the city of Thyatira, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to respond to Paul's message. 15When she and the members of her household were baptized, she invited us to her home. "If you consider me a believer in the Lord," she said, "come and stay at my house." And she persuaded us.

Upvote 0

one11

Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's not about choice any more for a lot of families &Abel. I think it's 67% of women have to work in order for the couple to be to afford a house and afford all the things growing children need, which is very expensive.

Deflation was happening for awhile in our economy, but it seems to have leveled out a bit. Inflation is being talked about again.

If we continued in a deflationary environment, I think a lot more women perhaps would have the choice to work or not work, but that is unfortunately a fairytale. Homes would have to come down a lot more for America to go back to a 1 income household. Remember, it's not a choice to work anymore except for about 35% of women. The others have to work... or live where...........................?

Upvote 0

timlamb

Senior Veteran
Feb 22, 2006
Entiat Washington
✟11,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
and women don't want a pushover for a man either...they want to feel safe and taken care of

like they have someone they can count on in an emergency

of course I'm not implying that men shouldn't share in housework etc....I have no problem doing dishes, cleaning etc(well I'm single so I have no choice)

but even if I wasn't, I wouldn't feel right sitting back while my wife did everything

I'm not saying I'd be against my wife working, but I would hope that if we had a family that would come first and she would not put our child in a position where he/she could be raised in an unbalanced household so she could pursue a career
Yes, Able, my wife was not soft when I met her. She had been from a broken home and mistreated, and did not need to be taken care of. but, she responded to my kindness and has been very respectrul of my position as man of the house, even though it didn't come easy or naturally. And I thank God that our daughters have benifited from her example of strength and wisdom.

Upvote 0

LJSGM

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
Wisconsin
✟15,171.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I honestly don't respect women who attempt to control me(and women do try to control...its not just a leadership role)

I don't like it when anyone tries to control me, or anyone else. It's a spirit that can overtake a man or a woman.

I still try to love them though.

Upvote 0

timlamb

Senior Veteran
Feb 22, 2006
Entiat Washington
✟11,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's not about choice any more for a lot of families &Abel. I think it's 67% of women have to work in order for the couple to be to afford a house and afford all the things growing children need, which is very expensive.

Deflation was happening for awhile in our economy, but it seems to have leveled out a bit. Inflation is being talked about again.

If we continued in a deflationary environment, I think a lot more women perhaps would have the choice to work or not work, but that is unfortunately a fairytale. Homes would have to come down a lot more for America to go back to a 1 income household. Remember, it's not a choice to work anymore except for about 35% of women. The others have to work... or live where...........................?
But I think he is pointing out the difference between working and being carreer oriented. A working woman can be a beautiful mom and wife. A carreer woman usually has to let something slide. Someone pays for that devotion to work. She hasn't the time to nurture as God intended.

Upvote 0

one11

Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I agree and I'm glad you said it

and yet I have so much respect for those meek, gentle and more submissive type women

warms my heart just thinking about them and I give them the same gentleness right back

You don't say where you live, but I've heard Asian women are very quiet and eager to be submissive, but then you could become unequally yoked or you could end up with a bride who wants to turn to Christianity.

Here I am trying to be a matchmaker. lol :D

Anyhow, have you thought of that? I know some men who prefer to be with Asian women and there is nothing wrong with that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

one11

Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
But I think he is pointing out the difference between working and being carreer oriented. A working woman can be a beautiful mom and wife. A carreer woman usually has to let something slide. Someone pays for that devotion to work. She hasn't the time to nurture as God intended.

Well, then women have problems there too and it increases their anxiety level because if they have to work at a job they don't like just for a paycheck, it wears on them. So since women have to work, they view the thought of why not try to find a job or career I do like. So they try and they get an education, and have worked jobs they do not like just as men have. It takes a while to establish one's self in the workforce.

But it is no less work to work a job one does not like that isn't considered a career or their career choice and still come home and do all the housechores and cooking. It's still exhausting.

Upvote 0

lux et lex

light and law
Jan 8, 2009
✟12,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
so your ok with people becoming gay?

and yes feminism is a key factor

men are growing up viewing women as the provider and strength of the family with men being in a more submissive nurturing role

and women are growing up seeing the same thing taking on masculine quality's

People don't "become gay".

And I guess I don't see any problem with the statements you made about men and women seeing changes in gender roles. I think it's great that both genders are coming to a sort of middle ground where they are able to work and care for children/household needs.

It sounds like you are very insecure with regard to women if you balk at a woman who is independent. I have more respect for independent women (and men) because they are able to sustain themselves, advocate for themselves, but at the same time, in a relationship they are able to submit to each other. I don't want to be drug around like a cavewoman for the rest of my life being submissive to my husband. I want a companion not a supervisor.

Upvote 0

UnderHisWings1979

Passionate Pursuer of Christ
Jan 24, 2009
Sanger, TX
✟16,067.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not going on to get a professional degree to stay at home. My mom stayed at home and I don't think any less of her, I know it's not for me. It's great if you want to stay at home and take care of the kids etc., but the tone of some of the posts in this thread seem like they are having a go at women who have careers and don't drop them for their family. I don't think that's what's "ruining the family". I think it's just making the family different. If my husband wanted to stay home, great. If he wants to work too, great. But staying at home is not an option for me, and either he'd have to accept that or find someone else. And I won't be made to feel bad about my decision to work, because this is where the double standard comes in...a man wouldn't be made to feel bad about it, so why should I?

A man would be made to feel bad about staying at home and not being the primary provider for his family. Equality does not mean being the same.

Upvote 0

UnderHisWings1979

Jan 24, 2009
Sanger, TX
✟16,067.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree that men and women are better at some things then others, and each couple should decide what is best for them.

That does not give you the right to control, manipulation, objectify, abuse or subject women to oppression.

In most, though not all, of the marriages of my friends at church, it is the man who is being mistreated. The Love and Respect book and conference have a lot to say about this, but it comes down to the fact that men need to feel respected by their wives, but most women refuse to respect their husbands the way they need, and much of the errosion of respect is due to the spirit of feminism.

Having said that, the problem largely began because men took advantage of their wives and mistreated them.

I definitely understand what some of the men in this thread are saying, though. The media, television shows, and academia as a whole, have begun to portray men as the idiots, and quite honestly, have made us out to be the weaker sex. A great deal of the ADHD medication that is being given out now is nothing more than an attempt to stop boys from being boys (though I don't think people realize this is what they are doing). Women have unique needs, just as men do. Right now, neither's needs are being met in most families. It boils down to accepting, and embracing, that which makes us unique, rather than treating it as weakness or inequality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

one11

Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In most, though not all, of the marriages of my friends at church, it is the man who is being mistreated. The Love and Respect book and conference have a lot to say about this, but it comes down to the fact that men need to feel respected by their wives, but most women refuse to respect their husbands the way they need, and much of the errosion of respect is due to the spirit of feminism.

Having said that, the problem largely began because men took advantage of their wives and mistreated them.

I definitely understand what some of the men in this thread are saying, though. The media, television shows, and academia as a whole, have begun to portray men as the idiots, and quite honestly, have made us out to be the weaker sex. A great deal of the ADHD medication that is being given out now is nothing more than an attempt to stop boys from being boys (though I don't think people realize this is what they are doing). Women have unique needs, just as men do. Right now, neither's needs are being met in most families. It boils down to accepting, and embracing, that which makes us unique, rather than treating it as weakness or inequality.

Men don't feel respect? Hmmmm? Can you explain more?

But your second comment struck me about men taking advantage of women.

Well, that is the major problem in marriages today. Women feel taken advantage of because they are overworked and still working after work while men are resting in a recliner with a beer.

As far as one young woman I know, I don't give my blessing on this marriage unless this young man steps up to the plate and shows he will do his half of ALL the chores. Or, if he feels it is just not in him, then to pay for a maid out of his allowance of money to do the chores he is refusing to do and he might have to give up his video games. haha. I said they should get a domestic partnership first before a marriage for a year to see if he will agree to a change or at least meet halfway, or else I think this girl is going to literally collapse. What kind of marriage is that? And isn't that taking advantage of her? I think it will end in divorce if he doesn't change his work ethics towards the home as being part of his responsibility, too.

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A man would be made to feel bad about staying at home and not being the primary provider for his family. Equality does not mean being the same.

What man? The man down the street who stays home and takes care of his kids doesn't feel bad about what he's doing... his skills lend themself to part time work he does while the kids are in school. She teaches at a Christian college. Any man who is made to feel bad must not be very secure in his place in the world and in God's Kingdom.

Upvote 0

UnderHisWings1979

Jan 24, 2009
Sanger, TX
✟16,067.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What man? The man down the street who stays home and takes care of his kids doesn't feel bad about what he's doing... his skills lend themself to part time work he does while the kids are in school. She teaches at a Christian college. Any man who is made to feel bad must not be very secure in his place in the world and in God's Kingdom.

I could make the same argument about any woman who is made to feel bad about not staying at home. But the point here is not the moral fortitude of the man or woman, but the social stigma. And there IS a social stigma towards men who stay at home and do not work, even those who do all the work of a stay-at-home mom. I know, because I currently am one, and have been ostricized for it on many occasions. It is not fair to say that a man isn't being a man if he can't handle a little social criticism, but a woman is being mistreated if she receives social criticism. It's a double standard which I believe is endemic in feminist thinking. I would never argue that women do not deserve social equality. Again, my point is the difference between equality and sameness.

Upvote 0

UnderHisWings1979

Jan 24, 2009
Sanger, TX
✟16,067.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Well, that is the major problem in marriages today. Women feel taken advantage of because they are overworked and still working after work while men are resting in a recliner with a beer.

As far as one young woman I know, I don't give my blessing on this marriage unless this young man steps up to the plate and shows he will do his half of ALL the chores. Or, if he feels it is just not in him, then to pay for a maid out of his allowance of money to do the chores he is refusing to do and he might have to give up his video games. haha. I said they should get a domestic partnership first before a marriage for a year to see if he will agree to a change or at least meet halfway, or else I think this girl is going to literally collapse. What kind of marriage is that? And isn't that taking advantage of her? I think it will end in divorce if he doesn't change his work ethics towards the home as being part of his responsibility, too.

I do disagree with you. I certainly have a problem with any man who sits in his recliner and drinks beer while his wife is hard at work. I also think that is a general falsehood, though. I know very few men who actually do that, and the ones who do are judged by other men for it. The social perception of this sort of men is negative, so its hard to consider that a social problem.

As far as examples of men not being respected, there are numerous examples. A recent one that hits home is a friend of mine, whose wife went shopping on Saturday for clothes while he spent the entire day working in the yard. When she came home, rather than thanking him for the hard work he did, she complained about things she didn't like about his work. Those types of incidents are extremely common. What makes me sick, though, is not that it happens. It's the fact that it has become socially acceptable for it to happen. Why is that more socially acceptable than the guy sitting in his recliner? Because in reality, they are equally as bad.

Upvote 0
Jan 18, 2009
America
✟10,055.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single

1 Timothy 5:8 states, "But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.