women are every bit of visual creatures as men?

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Definitely.

People are visual in general...It is the sense that humans as a species have evolved to rely on the most. The majority of children are visual learners. It is beyond me how this "men are more visual" thing even got started in the first place. I'm a highly visual person to the point my memory can be almost photographic.

I've also never understood the whole "Women want to be loved, men want to be respected" thing either. Everybody I know, men and women, desire both in a relationship.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I'm a woman who is not very visual. I am not even a visual learner. I tend to agree with the speaker on some levels. Whether or not it is "fair", it is human nature.

Men leave their wives for attractive women. Women leave for men who treat them like they are valuable. Not all men. And not all women. But enough to make it worth at least considering.

Upvote 0

Grace51

Oct 17, 2010
✟1,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm a woman who is not very visual. I am not even a visual learner. I tend to agree with the speaker on some levels. Whether or not it is "fair", it is human nature.

Men leave their wives for attractive women. Women leave for men who treat them like they are valuable. Not all men. And not all women. But enough to make it worth at least considering.

yes, i think according to researches. men are definitely more visual than women.

but i think there are many who take this idea too far and expect all women to not care about this kind of thing to the slightest.

where as in reality, many of us do care about it to a certain extent.

and yes, it is human nature definitely, but it doesnt make it any easier on us girls.

Upvote 0

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The thing about generalizations is that they are just that...general. Yes, there's always some element of truth, otherwise they wouldn't exist. And it's ok to acknowledge that element of truth. But the mistake comes when people try to box ALL women into that category and refuse to acknowledge the "general" part of the generalization.

I like to let people define themselves for me, rather than allow myself to define people based on the generalizations that I'm aware of. I do make an effort not to make assumptions about people based on their gender, or whatever other category they may fit into.

Upvote 0