US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
God's standard for women and society's is so different. Seems women that uphold God's standard are looked down on vs women who flaunt themselves.

For example, strippers, prostitutes, cheerleaders, play boy models, swim suit models, underwear models, divas all get this praise in society like they are something great. Our society is more worried about Barbie dolls corrupting girls than strippers and twerking/ hip hop. I honestly don't get it. There's so much pressure on women to be hot and beautiful all the time.

Why is Jezebel celebrated so much in our society? Even by Christians...

I guarantee you someone on here will debate me and try to defend women in these "professions" saying it's judgemental. But honestly I don't get how sin became a profession. God helped prostitutes but doesn't mean he was praising what they were doing.

Why is so much praise given to women who do these things while women who don't do these things are bashed and called judgemental?

At times I find myself questioning whether working hard as a woman is even worth it when strippers get all the praise and good treatment.

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,837.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't think I've ever really felt looked down on for not flaunting myself?

Looked down on for other reasons - like when I worked in retail, or for being young, for example - yes, sure. But I don't feel like other women are getting something from society that I'm not, in terms of focus on appearance.

I guess if you feel you're working hard, and it's not getting the results you want, there's a question there about why that is. But I'm not sure that the answer is because society loves strippers (I think society loves, in some ways, the idea of strippers, but I think as actual whole people they get treated pretty poorly).

What is it that you'd like to achieve that you feel you're not getting at the moment, OP?

Upvote 0

YesMe

Aug 18, 2016
Earth
✟29,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is important, the admiration of the world, which is temporary, or God's eternal admiration? :) I hope you get my point.

Jesus has all the answers, so look at this passage, Matthew 12:26 "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"

Seek first the Kingdom of God, then you will have everything and beyond.

Everything from this world is temporary...

• Agree
Reactions: Hall
Upvote 0

ivanpetrov

May 27, 2017
Sofia
✟2,999.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because people of the world like what is of the world.

1John 2:15: Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is Jezebel celebrated so much in our society? Even by Christians... At times I find myself questioning whether working hard as a woman is even worth it when strippers get all the praise and good treatment.

I sense some pain in this post, so if it's ok I'm going to address your heart. Is it worth it to God? Most definitely, and He sees every sacrifice you are making for Him. And you are going to be rewarded multiple times over for your faithfulness, despite the loneliness, despite your feeling you are being devalued. You see, His rewards in eternity will be far, far greater than you realize, and you are going to know a love in eternity that is beyond anything you could have experienced in this life. Moreover, for all you know there is a godly man out there being groomed for you right now; one who isn't looking for those worldly women you wonder if you shouldn't be emulating. He will be looking for a woman of God who is faithful to Him, and loves Him with all her heart.

So in this life or the next, you will be rewarded with True love, something most people in this world know nothing about, and have and will never experience.

• Agree
Reactions: sheenask
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Our society is more worried about Barbie dolls corrupting girls than strippers and twerking/ hip hop. I honestly don't get it.

Yes, that is true and sadly seen more and more these days. My wife teaches third grade and it seems each year she has a girl or two in her classroom who act like little pole dancers. They are learning these things at home. Oh but wait -- society will blame the teachers.
M-Bob

Reactions: Angeleyes7715
Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It makes me hate being a woman though.... Idk, I already have a bf. He's a bit younger than I am 19 and I'm 25. We went to the same church as youths. Hes more wordly than I am right now. The good thing is I don't feel he gives these women respect. Infact, if I show my stomach or anything he tries to cover me up and complains about going out in public because I need to out on clothes lol. I did it one time just to show off because other women which he calls... (Well you can guess what my bf calls them) show off their body and if I'm not dressed up they go and prance around my bf because they want attention. He does a good job of not looking at them which is surprising to me but at the same time it's almost like he hates women like that. My bf comes from the hood, gangs, drugs, etc. He's got a hood mentality even though he spent part of his childhood in church.

It's frustrating getting respect from society and even him sometimes and these women are. OT making my life any easier. Their behavior directly effects women like myself. Why? Because society puts social pressure on regular women to be like them. Showing off our bodies. If we don't we lose jobs, we lose husband's, bfs, etc. We are expected to be objects in this society just for standing around and looking good.

My biggest complaint is why some women eat this stuff up. Cheerleaders for example. I don't want to look like them, I want them to stop creating social pressure where society says I have to look like them.

It's so bad where as a women you can't go out without hair and makeup done and dressed up without men bullying you or nit picking your looks.

I go out to the grocery store just to buy some food and get men eyeballing me like meat to where I feel self concious and frustrated like man! Can I just go to the store and be left alone.

Likewise there's a guy at my job who gets up every 5 min. To put things in my trash can and stares and stuff and it's frustrating. Especially because I feel like my looks are constantly being judged by him along with my female co-workers who talk to him. And this is simply because I'm a woman.

And feminist are hardly the answer they only make our lives harder because today feminists are out of their mind in my opinion.

Sorry it this comes off as a rant but I'm frustrated and the church seems silent on women's issues. Instead they let feminists run things and then just tell women they should cover up and stay quiet and wait for a husband.

Men in many of the churches I went to were chauvnists. And apparently a few ministers were secretly lustful towards me (actually not secretly because they asked me out when they broke up with their wives etc.) But at the same time preach be lady like while they lust.

My dad is also a chauvnists and so is my grandpa. Matter a fact I don't know too many men that don't have negative views of women.

Is this what God intended for us? Even the Bible has some male biased teachings about women and I feel like that's only because men wrote it. I don't feel like God necessarily feels that way. Specially because men in the Bible had all kinds of wives and did whatever they wanted while women were stoned.

Something is so off with this society and the respect women get and the church stays silent.

• Prayers
Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's frustrating getting respect from society and even him sometimes and these women are. OT making my life any easier. Their behavior directly effects women like myself. Why? Because society puts social pressure on regular women to be like them. Showing off our bodies. If we don't we lose jobs

Come out and be separate says the Lord. And he will provide for you regardless, if you put Him first in your life.
[We lose] husband's, bfs,

Doesn't sound like you're going to lose your bf. If you do, that will tell you he's not the right one. Now he may want you dressing differently in the bedroom once you're married, but I don't really see a problem with that. (For his eyes only, though some might disagree with me here, but I believe I could support it scripturally).
My biggest complaint is why some women eat this stuff up. Cheerleaders for example. I don't want to look like them, I want them to stop creating social pressure where society says I have to look like them.

It's so bad where as a women you can't go out without hair and makeup done and dressed up without men bullying you or nit picking your looks.

Gonna have to get used to it. This is Satan's kingdom.
I go out to the grocery store just to buy some food and get men eyeballing me like meat to where I feel self concious and frustrated like man! Can I just go to the store and be left alone.

Likewise there's a guy at my job who gets up every 5 min. To put things in my trash can and stares and stuff and it's frustrating. Especially because I feel like my looks are constantly being judged by him along with my female co-workers who talk to him. And this is simply because I'm a woman.

Talk to your employer about the problem, and ask him/her to what extent you could dress down and it still be acceptable in your work environment.
And feminist are hardly the answer they only make our lives harder because today feminists are out of their mind in my opinion.

Yes, for the most part.
Men in many of the churches I went to were chauvnists. And apparently a few ministers were secretly lustful towards me (actually not secretly because they asked me out when they broke up with their wives etc.) But at the same time preach be lady like while they lust.

My dad is also a chauvnists and so is my grandpa. Matter a fact I don't know too many men that don't have negative views of women.

Oh, my dear. I feel terrible for you. No wonder you are feeling pain...
No, it is not God's will. Christ your Lord is and will forever be nothing but a Gentleman to you, as will those men in your life who truly belong to Him and have allowed the Spirit of God to renew their minds from the world.
Is this what God intended for us? Even the Bible has some male biased teachings about women and I feel like that's only because men wrote it.

No. Please understand. The only thing "male-biased" and apparently chauvinistic is what men have falsely interpreted from the scriptures. I can explain, depending on if you have ears to hear.

God bless,
and believe God,
He has and Is your answers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is news to me that strippers and dancers are praised for their profession by Christians. I need to start a thread about this "You condemn me for being ok with working for and owning luxury cars yet praise strippers?"

• Haha
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is news to me that strippers and dancers are praised for their profession by Christians.

Don't forget the prostitutes.

abc_abc_swaggart_apology_100218_wg.jpg

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,837.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Is this what God intended for us?

No. Of course not!

But we do live in a fallen world.

Of course feeling constantly under pressure is stressful for you. I wonder if there are ways to shift some of that pressure. Is the job you're doing now what you really want to do? Is it time to think about working towards some sort of change?

I do think the church has struggled to know how to deal with these issues. Speaking as a younger woman (I'm 37, but I'm the youngest in my usual congregation by almost a good twenty years), I feel the generation gap between our leaders and those of us who are young really doesn't help. Their issues are not our issues, and they often (I think) fail to see and appreciate ours. Is it maybe possible to find someone - say, a good woman, maybe 10-15 years older than you - who can kind of mentor you a bit? That age gap is big enough for her to have some more lived experience and wisdom, but no so big as to put her out of touch with where you're at.

As for feminism, I'd say feminists are just as keen to change these problems as you are; you might well have common cause with us if you stop to get beyond some of the crazy stuff that gets publicity.

Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sister i believe you are right on target.....
In the middle east women are oppressed....
In the West women are exploited......

Its been IDOLATRY since the beginning....
Abraham, judah, sampson, david.......

I agree with you women should be respected for their christian attitudes and not looks.....

While weer at it...i minister to mens groups.....
I hear complaints constantly from brothers who cannot focus at church because many women wear short skirts low necklines and tight dresses.........

A friend of mine qnd i were visiting a large church years ago and the pastors wife and her friends got up on stage in front of the church and danced to worship music.....
They were all wearing skin tite spandex ballet outfits....
Neadless to say we walked out......

Woe to you when all men think well of you....
Jesus

Charm is decietful and beauty is vain
But a woman who fears the Lord
Is greatly to be praised!!!!!
Proverbs 31:30

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sister i believe you are right on target.....
In the middle east women are oppressed....
In the West women are exploited......

Its been IDOLATRY since the beginning....
Abraham, judah, sampson, david.......

I agree with you women should be respected for their christian attitudes and not looks.....

While weer at it...i minister to mens groups.....
I hear complaints constantly from brothers who cannot focus at church because many women wear short skirts low necklines and tight dresses.........

A friend of mine qnd i were visiting a large church years ago and the pastors wife and her friends got up on stage in front of the church and danced to worship music.....
They were all wearing skin tite spandex ballet outfits....
Neadless to say we walked out......

Woe to you when all men think well of you....
Jesus

Charm is decietful and beauty is vain
But a woman who fears the Lord
Is greatly to be praised!!!!!
Proverbs 31:30
A man should be able to see a woman in spandex without getting lustful thoughts and without feeling compelled to stare. Changing what you seeing outside, does not change what is inside. And God judges the contents of the heart. Change your insides and you will never have to hide from the things outside again.

Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Raymond i believe you have to deal with these scriptures and the other 99% of men in America who would be tempted by this...
Matthew 6:13
...and lead us not into temptation....
Matthew 6:22
..if your eye is whole the whole part of the body is whole..
Philipians 4:8
...whatever is true pure and holy think on these things....

1 timothy 2:9
Also women are to dress modestly...
It is a sin for a woman to unveil her body to tempt men...
Example of temptations to lust.....
Joseph, sampson, David

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Raymond i believe you have to deal with these scriptures and the other 99% of men in America who would be tempted by this...
Matthew 6:13
...and lead us not into temptation....
We can deal with the scriptures, but not the 99% of other men. Many are called, few chosen....we both are part of that 1% whose light is not affected by the darkness around us.

If I sense my own mind is wandering into areas it shouldnt, i reel it back in....I train it to not go where I dont want it to....it is a stubborn donkey at times....but with practice, we can ride it into Jerusalem. Our thoughts are therefore, no longer affect by what the eye sees.

Matthew 6:22
..if your eye is whole the whole part of the body is whole..

And when this is the case....mine eye now becomes whole.......not because everything outside is whole and good....but because the inside is.....

Philipians 4:8
...whatever is true pure and holy think on these things....
Yes, and this is true regardless of what the physical eyes sees. If I can only think positive when i see and am around positive things/people....I need to polish up my light....so i can bring positivity with me instead of adapting to any environment I enter.

1 timothy 2:9
Also women are to dress modestly...
It is a sin for a woman to unveil her body to tempt men...
Example of temptations to lust.....
Joseph, sampson, David

The sins of another should not make me desire to sin. I said nothing good or bad about how a woman should dress. But I've have a lot of work to do if I can only stay pure if everything in my environment is pure. We only have to run from temptation until we have the power to overcome them.

Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The point is that it is sin according to the Bible for christian women to wear imodest clothing to church....

I am not talking about the world...
I am talking about church that is supposed to be a nation of preists and aholy convication!!!!!!

Hebrews 12:4
...without holiness no man can see God......

I can tell you this kind of erotic dancing is from Jezebel....
No diffrent than what herdius daughter danced in front of Herod and then cut off John the babtist head.....

Matthew 8:6
Whoever causes a little on to sin ....milestone put around his neck and thrown into the sea.....

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The point is that it is sin according to the Bible for christian women to wear imodest clothing to church....

I am not talking about the world...
I am talking about church that is supposed to be a nation of preists and aholy convication!!!!!!

Hebrews 12:4
...without holiness no man can see God......

I can tell you this kind of erotic dancing is from Jezebel....
No diffrent than what herdius daughter danced in front of Herod and then cut off John the babtist head.....

Matthew 8:6
Whoever causes a little on to sin ....milestone put around his neck and thrown into the sea.....
I find nothing wrong with what you said. Your opinions are heard and respected.

Upvote 0