• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Woman punches man in Broadway bar over MAGA-style birthday hat

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Johnboy53, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Johnboy53

Johnboy53 Looking For Interesting News.

+2,024
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) - A man's surprise birthday gift led to a surprise attack at a Broadway bar.

Daniel Sprague was at The Stage bar on Broadway sporting a gift his wife gave him for his 50th birthday bash—a hat that says "Make 50 Great Again." The hat is styled to look like a "Make America Great Again" hat that supporters of President Donald Trump wear.

Woman punches man in Broadway bar over MAGA-style birthday hat

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+27,012
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Ridiculous. I went out to eat the other day and saw a man wearing one. Big deal! People that resort to violence are the ones that have a problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Skewpoint

Skewpoint Member

+220
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    How about people who provoke it and say they will pay their legal fees? Just as bad? Worse? Better?

4. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+2,835
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Sadly, the MAGA hat means nothing good. It's more of an embarrassment. Move on and forget, that people thinks this hat means anything good. No need to lower your self and attack this hat .

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  5. HannahT

HannahT Newbie Supporter

+1,977
    Christian
    Married
    People that claim a red hat provokes them need to get their heads examined.

If we have a number of people getting their fees paid due to a statement at a rally? Not good either.

Don't think this person that hit this man over his 50 birthday would get off with charges excused over a statement said at a rally a couple of years ago. It is unrelated after all. Remember it was a birthday hat - not a rally hat. Hope you aren't trying to justify this behavior.

6. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+23,408
    Anglican
    Married
    On its own, this might be an unfortunate--and maybe atypical--event. In reality, however, there have been almost 400 such violent attacks recorded.

7. mala

mala fluffy lion

+1,708
    Muslim
    Single
    hmmm according to right wing logic if the hat wearers didn't want to be punched then they shouldn't wear the hats.

8. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+3,805
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Who told this woman they would pay her legal fees?

9. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+3,805
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    What is it that you consider bad about the phrase making America great again?

10. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+23,408
    Anglican
    Married
    So the victims are to be blamed for provoking the bullies. How pathetic. :(

11. mala

mala fluffy lion

+1,708
    Muslim
    Single
    usually how the thinking goes when other groups complain so fair is fair kid.

12. Skewpoint

Skewpoint Member

+220
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    What if I did? How would you hash that kind of statement?

13. HannahT

HannahT Newbie Supporter

+1,977
    Christian
    Married
    ?? I don't get how you got from point A to point B.

Who is this 'right wing' that claimed such nonsense?

We have a woman that can't seem to read that attacks a stranger over a red birthday hat, and people are hinting that they support her doing it. Granted they are using deflective language so they can claim they aren't, but they aren't fooling anyone.

The woman was an irrational nut. It has nothing to do with anyone else but her.

14. keith99

keith99 sola dosis facit venenum

+4,512
    Atheist
    Single
    As best I could see the only evidence of her motivation is his claim. He could be right, but he could also be wrong or outright lying.

15. HannahT

HannahT Newbie Supporter

+1,977
    Christian
    Married
    I think the woman clearly needs help. According to another article the bar security rushed over and pulled her out of there. I'm glad they were there. Those establishments there tend to be extremely crowded at times, and it could have turned into something worse really quickly.