Woman Pastors

DaRev

Apr 18, 2006
✟19,002.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
You really don't get it. Paul was writing to the people of Corinth who had unlearned women who were unruly and didn't understand matters of faith. This should not be interpreted as men only, but learned people only.

Paul was writing the word of God to all people, using the situation in Corinth as an example to convey God's teaching. Paul was also writing the word of God to all people in letters addressed to Pastors Timothy and Titus where the eligibility for those who hold the pastoral office were outlined. Moses was writing the word of God to all people when he recorded God's words to Adam and Eve in Genesis 3 where the roles and responsibilities for men and women were first given. Paul was writing God's word to all people when he wrote to the Galatians regarding the relationship between husbands and wives, comparing it to the relationship between Christ and His bride the Church.

I think until this is understood, you will continue to misinterpret God's word, mistaking it for Paul's word or Moses' word or some other human's word.

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You really don't get it. Paul was writing to the people of Corinth who had unlearned women who were unruly and didn't understand matters of faith. This should not be interpreted as men only, but learned people only.

God can speak through a donkey.

This isn't about who can do what. God works with us no matter our faults. It's about the roles He has chosen for us. Men and women each have different roles in life as DaRev pointed out...men can't have babies. They have the role of father. Men have the role of husband. Men have the role of bridegroom. Women cannot be a bridegroom. Or a husband.

When you figure out that we have different roles, you won't think of it as whether or not women are good enough to be pastors because that's not what this is about at all.

Upvote 0

linssue55

Senior Veteran
Jul 31, 2005
Tucson Az
✟11,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]When the LORD mandates something, it is usually NOT a request.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Cor 14:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]34~~ Let your women keep silence in the churches . . .[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]for it is not permitted for them to speak, [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]but to be under authority,[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]as also says the law.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]{Note: Paul is stating that woman were never granted the gift of languages and should not speak in the church period. They, as all believers, are under the authority of the Pastor and Teacher while in church.}[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]35~~ And if they will learn any thing [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]- and they do -[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]let them ask their husbands at home. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]For it is a shame for a woman to speak [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]in the church {while the pastor speaks}.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]{Note: This is a matter of respect and authority. If one person is in authority and teaching, then everyone must be quiet and listen. It is really not just referring to women here.}[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat On
dr-seuss-cat-in-hat.jpg

This thread has been cleaned up.
Please remember the rules, folks

• Don't debate here unless you are Lutheran
  • Don't make it personal - stick to the topic.
It's possible to disagree without being insulting.
Thanks

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0

IndieVisible

Feb 11, 2009
✟793.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God can speak through a donkey.

This isn't about who can do what. God works with us no matter our faults. It's about the roles He has chosen for us. Men and women each have different roles in life as DaRev pointed out...men can't have babies. They have the role of father. Men have the role of husband. Men have the role of bridegroom. Women cannot be a bridegroom. Or a husband.

When you figure out that we have different roles, you won't think of it as whether or not women are good enough to be pastors because that's not what this is about at all.

I've never heard the Word of God from a donkey. if your hearing animals speak perhaps you may consider seeking counseling. Or at the very least presenting more realistic arguments :)

Reactions: lux et lex
Upvote 0

IndieVisible

Feb 11, 2009
✟793.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
AS I said, I have not heard any donkeys preach the work of God. The donkey in Numbers 22 is not the same. It was God talking thru it, and was not regarded as a preacher, prophet, ministor, priest, or donkey of God.

has any one here heard any donkeys preaching the Word of God?

Are we comparing this donkey to women preachers?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
AS I said, I have not heard any donkeys preach the work of God. The donkey in Numbers 22 is not the same. It was God talking thru it, and was not regarded as a preacher, prophet, ministor, priest, or donkey of God.

I get it...can't find anything else to pick at, so you grasp at strawman semantics.

God can preach through whatever means He chooses.

You haven't seen God raise anyone from the dead, so does that mean Jesus wasn't resurrected? Or that Jesus didn't raise Lazarus from the dead?

You limit your knowledge and understanding of God to what you can see. Know what was said about that?

Hebrews 11

By Faith

1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

John 20:29

29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The point is that God can talk thru anyone or anything He chooses.

He chooses how HIS message gets delivered and in what ways. He has chosen women to do certain roles but being a pastor is not one of them. Yes, women can spread the Good News. No one here denies that. People keep bringing up the point that women have spread the Gospel message...and seem to think that is equivalent to being called to the pastoral ministry. They are in error.

Upvote 0

lux et lex

light and law
Jan 8, 2009
✟12,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]When the LORD mandates something, it is usually NOT a request.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Cor 14:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]34~~ Let your women keep silence in the churches . . .[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]for it is not permitted for them to speak, [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]but to be under authority,[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]as also says the law.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]35~~ And if they will learn any thing [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]- and they do -[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]let them ask their husbands at home. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]For it is a shame for a woman to speak [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]in the church [/FONT]

Context, context, context.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums