Woman calls 911 during traffic stop because she fears Houston cop — who then attacks her

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,352.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Newly released video disputes police claims about a black social worker’s violent arrest earlier this year while talking to a 911 dispatcher during a traffic stop in Houston.

A police officer pulled over Earledreka White in March for crossing the double white line, and she called 911 to ask for police backup because she was afraid of the officer who stopped her, reported the Houston Chronicle.

“I would like another officer to come out here,” she says to the dispatcher. “My heart is racing. I’m really afraid.”

The 28-year-old White was placed in handcuffs and charged with resisting arrest during the encounter, and then jailed for two days — where she feared she might end up dead like Sandra Bland, another black woman arrested in Texas following a routine traffic stop.

White said she remained calm throughout the encounter, and she has accused the officer of unnecessarily escalating the situation.

See more @
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/bla...op-who-then-attacks-her/#.V6OFBDW1zMk.twitter

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear God please don't let people act like this every time a cop pulls them over.

Yeahhhh, gotta say, this woman sounds way too much like she is just being a drama queen. Of course, it would have probably done the officer better to just step back and let her prattle on until dispatch arrived and then they'd clearly see that she was just acting ridiculous instead of being genuinely scared. Unfortunately it looks like the officer lost his patience (when he should have been trained to do otherwise) and finally used restraining force (was he ACTUALLY about to use a taser on her, though?) to get her to quit being obnoxious, which helps in making her look like a genuine victim.

(And no, for the record, in case it is brought up, because I've seen how it goes around here in this section of CF, I am not wholly on either side in the cops vs. blacks issue. I'm trying to make an honest observation here without being biased for either policemen or minorities.)

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Better yet if the cops would act decent.
He did behave decently. If you watch the video he did so for just shy of three minutes. The same cannot be said for the young woman through the entire span of the video.

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Yeahhhh, gotta say, this woman sounds way too much like she is just being a drama queen. Of course, it would have probably done the officer better to just step back and let her prattle on until dispatch arrived and then they'd clearly see that she was just acting ridiculous instead of being genuinely scared. Unfortunately it looks like the officer lost his patience (when he should have been trained to do otherwise) and finally used restraining force (was he ACTUALLY about to use a taser on her, though?) to get her to quit being obnoxious, which helps in making her look like a genuine victim.

(And no, for the record, in case it is brought up, because I've seen how it goes around here in this section of CF, I am not wholly on either side in the cops vs. blacks issue. I'm trying to make an honest observation here without being biased for either policemen or minorities.)

Well put. She seemed to think it was a negotiation. It was not.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He did behave decently. If you watch the video he did so for just shy of three minutes. The same cannot be said for the young woman through the entire span of the video.
He cuffed only once she called him out for harassment. Why do people think a shiny tin badge gives these clowns in blue suits extra rights. The cop was in the wrong there is no doubt about that. This animal should lose his job, his pension, and spend at least double the max time in prison for assault.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
How could anyone base even an assumption seeing this video, of guilt or innocence regarding the initial traffic stop? The woman is very animated
Surprise surprise surprise --- it was all staged ....

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Newly released video disputes police claims about a black social worker’s violent arrest earlier this year while talking to a 911 dispatcher during a traffic stop in Houston.

A police officer pulled over Earledreka White in March for crossing the double white line, and she called 911 to ask for police backup because she was afraid of the officer who stopped her, reported the Houston Chronicle.

“I would like another officer to come out here,” she says to the dispatcher. “My heart is racing. I’m really afraid.”

The 28-year-old White was placed in handcuffs and charged with resisting arrest during the encounter, and then jailed for two days — where she feared she might end up dead like Sandra Bland, another black woman arrested in Texas following a routine traffic stop.

White said she remained calm throughout the encounter, and she has accused the officer of unnecessarily escalating the situation.

See more @
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/bla...op-who-then-attacks-her/#.V6OFBDW1zMk.twitter

he didn't have a reason for "moving in" on her and/or violating her private space, and begin grabbing her and manhandling her.

Good judgement would've been for him to stay put, after stepping back, moving out of her space, and waited till another officer came on the scene, and to bring a Supervisor and a citizen's advocate (if they don't have such a thing, it's high time they got one, for such scenarios as this one.)

This woman did NOTHING wrong.

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Surprise surprise surprise --- it was all staged ....
You have no proof of that.

Nor can anyone claim this woman did nothing wrong. The point at which the video starts does not allow us to know the reason the officer pulled her over. What we do know is what we see after that fact.

She was wrong. And this officer showed amazing restraint in my opinion considering some of the videos that show tazers coming out. And she's still fighting him even when he's going to cuff her and he still resists tazering her.

Are you serious? Are you serious?
What an absurd question. Of course he's serious. He was serious the moment he signaled you to pull over. And you did.

Silly woman.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
How could anyone base even an assumption seeing this video, of guilt or innocence regarding the initial traffic stop? The woman is very animated
The initial traffic stop? No one could assume guilt or innocence of that based on the video start time. What we can see is the woman is guilty of refusing to comply with a direct and simple order. And that she's clearly lying when she claims to 911 on her cell that she's afraid.
Fear of a cop doesn't let a person in the safety of their car that can be locked and with windows rolled up, to get out of the safe confines of that car and confront the cop they claim to be afraid of.

That's like someone saying, oh my, I'm terrified of that lion that's outside the door of my house!
And then they step out of their house onto their porch, shut the house door, and call 911 to report they're afraid of a lion that's standing with them now on their porch.

Upvote 0

The Lone Ranger

Kemosabe
Sep 23, 2012
Rolling Stone
✟20,703.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
. And that she's clearly lying when she claims to 911 on her cell that she's afraid.
Fear of a cop doesn't let a person in the safety of their car that can be locked and with windows rolled up, to get out of the safe confines of that car and confront the cop they claim to be afraid of.

That's like someone saying, oh my, I'm terrified of that lion that's outside the door of my house!
And then they step out of their house onto their porch, shut the house door, and call 911 to report they're afraid of a lion that's standing with them now on their porch.
Many times The Bible states that Jehova is the searcher of men's hearts and souls. Only Jehova knows what is on a Man's heart though. Fear is of the adversary.

Upvote 0

Kersh

Jan 23, 2016
Michigan
✟24,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It does appear to be staged. But, assuming, it's real, both parties are in the wrong. But, the police officer should be held to a higher standard because he is the professional in this situation. Handcuffs are used to protect the officer's and others' safety. He seemed to be using them to protect his reputation (notice they came out when she said he was harassing her, but she'd made no action to threaten anyone's safety).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
It does appear to be staged. But, assuming, it's real, both parties are in the wrong. But, the police officer should be held to a higher standard because he is the professional in this situation. Handcuffs are used to protect the officer's and others' safety. He seemed to be using them to protect his reputation (notice they came out when she said he was harassing her, but she'd made no action to threaten anyone's safety).
I'd suggest you watch the video again. If this video is real the woman made the declaration early on that she wasn't about to be arrested or go to jail. It wasn't until 2:54 that the officer pulled out his handcuffs.

And just to make this clear so that it isn't something that continues with this woman's behavior initiating the description of this traffic stop, this cop is not harassing her. You are not being harassed when you are pulled over for a traffic offense.

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Many times The Bible states that Jehova is the searcher of men's hearts and souls. Only Jehova knows what is on a Man's heart though. Fear is of the adversary.
You forgot to include the woman in your observation.

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
I went to the You Tube page where this video appears and read the description. This officer showed amazing restraint considering the womans behavior.
I bolded the part that describes her charges. No, looks like it wasn't staged.

Published on Aug 3, 2016
Houston, TX - Lawyers for a 28-year-old social worker who was charged with resisting arrest say surveillance video proves a Metro police officer, not the woman, caused a physical confrontation without provocation.

Earledreka White, who is black, was arrested in March by a white officer for resisting arrest. The woman's attorneys say the incident highlights the tensions between black motorists and white officers playing out nationally.

"I'm as pro-law-enforcement as they come, but that's not good police conduct," said lawyer Zack Fertitta. "You can't escalate a situation and then claim someone is 'resisting arrest.' That's ridiculous."

On video, White can be seen calling 911 after being pulled over in the 10000 of South Main Street by an officer identified in court records as G. Luca.

When White says she is being "harassed" the officer grabs her and tries to pin her arms behind her back, unleashing a minutes-long struggle with White screaming for him to stop.

White was arrested for resisting arrest, a misdemeanor that could land her in jail for six months. She had to post a $1,000 bail and hire an attorney to accompany her to court in the months since her arrest. -----
Read more: https://www.youtube.com/c/LiveleakOff...

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'd suggest you watch the video again. If this video is real the woman made the declaration early on that she wasn't about to be arrested or go to jail. It wasn't until 2:54 that the officer pulled out his handcuffs.

And just to make this clear so that it isn't something that continues with this woman's behavior initiating the description of this traffic stop, this cop is not harassing her. You are not being harassed when you are pulled over for a traffic offense.
You are being harassed when pulled over for a "traffic stop" it is a revenue generation scheme.

Reactions: Moxie123
Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I went to the You Tube page where this video appears and read the description. This officer showed amazing restraint considering the womans behavior.
I bolded the part that describes her charges. No, looks like it wasn't staged.

Published on Aug 3, 2016
Houston, TX - Lawyers for a 28-year-old social worker who was charged with resisting arrest say surveillance video proves a Metro police officer, not the woman, caused a physical confrontation without provocation.

Earledreka White, who is black, was arrested in March by a white officer for resisting arrest. The woman's attorneys say the incident highlights the tensions between black motorists and white officers playing out nationally.

"I'm as pro-law-enforcement as they come, but that's not good police conduct," said lawyer Zack Fertitta. "You can't escalate a situation and then claim someone is 'resisting arrest.' That's ridiculous."

On video, White can be seen calling 911 after being pulled over in the 10000 of South Main Street by an officer identified in court records as G. Luca.

When White says she is being "harassed" the officer grabs her and tries to pin her arms behind her back, unleashing a minutes-long struggle with White screaming for him to stop.

White was arrested for resisting arrest, a misdemeanor that could land her in jail for six months. She had to post a $1,000 bail and hire an attorney to accompany her to court in the months since her arrest. -----
Read more: https://www.youtube.com/c/LiveleakOff...
When resisting arrest is the only charge there is no crime involved, you are litter being arrested for saying no I won't be arrested because I did nothing wrong.

Upvote 0