• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Woman’s obituary: In lieu of flowers ‘do not vote for Trump’

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Johnboy53, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Johnboy53

Johnboy53 Looking For Interesting News.

+2,563
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    St. Paul, Minn. – An obituary for a Minneapolis-area woman who died at age 93 included one specific request for her mourners: Do not vote for Donald Trump.

Georgia May Adkins, of Inver Grove Heights, died of a stroke on Sept. 28 at United Hospital in St. Paul.

Woman’s obituary: In lieu of flowers ‘do not vote for Trump’

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+15,987
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    I do hope that her request is honoured.

3. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Well-Known Member

+3,113
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    Live to be 93 and waste your dying wish of something so stupid. How sad. At least she left knowing that as a Dem, she'll still be voting on election day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. MIDutch

MIDutch Well-Known Member

+2,282
    United States
    Agnostic
    Married
    If you have evidence of this you should let the trump administration know. They've been looking for specific instances like this for years now. Having a real name and a paper trail of voter fraud would be extremely helpful to them, and being a citizen of St. Paul Minnesota, this should be easy for you to document.

5. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+9,918
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Voting choices are stupid? Got it.

6. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! My Weakness for His Strength Supporter

+820
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I don’t see her request being honored except by fellow travelers. Husbands and wives don’t even sympathy vote like that, how much less others.

7. SeventyOne

+3,113
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    Assuming to tell people how to vote as a last dying wish, something only a fool would heed? Yes, quite stupid.

If one is fortunate, they only get one of these and she blew it.

8. SeventyOne

+3,113
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    It's difficult to respond to this without a lot of obvious dripping sarcasm, so I'll just say have a nice day.

9. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+8,609
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    As partisan hack Republicans on the Judiciary Committee continue to dishonor Ruby's dying wish, dancing on RBG's grave by ignoring quorum rules and moving Barrett's nomination forward, i am sure RBG is giving this valiant woman a hug in heaven.
    Democratic committee members boycotted the illegal vote.

10. GOD Shines Forth!

+820
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    It won’t be, except by fellow travelers. Even husbands and wives don’t bend for each other here.

11. GOD Shines Forth!

+820
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    All such dying wishes are inappropriate and unbecoming of aged persons, who are presumed to have acquired Wisdom.

12. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+8,609
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Dying people can do and say whatever they want.
    In certain religious traditions, they continue to intercede with God in heaven.