• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Wolves not endangered any more, yee- haa!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Activities & Nature' started by renniks, Oct 29, 2020.

1. renniks

renniks Well-Known Member

+2,030
    Christian
    Married
    Trump administration drops gray wolf from endangered species list

It's impossible to find a balanced article about it, but I'm really happy about this. I'm hoping that eventually I can trap wolves in the U.S. possibly in Michigan's upper Peninsula, where they really need thinned.

There's already a season in Idaho, so I may just have to go there when I can afford to. The nice thing about Idaho is they will compensate you up to $1,000 per wolf for your expenses. The ranchers are having a terrible problem with them.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Isilwen

Isilwen Well-Known Member

+1,346
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Ugh!

3. renniks

+2,030
    Christian
    Married
    Can't think of a better vacation than trapping the big canines!

4. Isilwen

+1,346
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    I most certainly can! I am not against hunting as I hunted deer. I am however against hunting wolves. They are my favorite animal and do not want to see them killed for sport.

At least with hunting deer, you eat the meat!

5. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,611
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    They have been paying bounty hunters to kill Burmese pythons in the Everglades. The pythons ate small deer and alligators. Mammals have disappeared.
    Florida doubles python hunters as over 1,000 apply for hourly wage job with bounty incentives

6. JohnDB

JohnDB Regular Member

+931
    Christian
    Married
    Well..
    Just wait for the day that a whole pack decides to come visit a campfire you are cooking your dinner on and decide that you are a better dinner than the one you are cooking...

7. Isilwen

+1,346
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Really? Do you realize how rare wolf attacks are on humans? You're more likely to die in a car crash involving a deer than you are being killed by a wolf.

8. public hermit

public hermit social troglodyte Supporter

+4,801
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Some counties in Virginia will pay a bounty for a dead coyote. They're getting out of control here, even in populated areas. They can wreak havoc on cattle, calves mostly. In populated areas they will take small dogs and such.

People want to claim they were purposely introduced to keep down the deer population, but that's not true. They migrated here, showing up in the 1950s.

9. renniks

+2,030
    Christian
    Married
    If you hunt deer, you should want wolves managed. They will wipe out a deer herds as they expand, it's already happening in some areas..

10. paul1149

paul1149 that your faith might rest in the power of God Supporter

+4,846
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    It's unfortunate, but perhaps if the wolves are not thinned, you wouldn't be eating any deer.

11. renniks

+2,030
    Christian
    Married
    One problem with the coyotes is that the market stinks now except for northern or western yotes. A lot are harvested for fur when prices are decent. Now people having pets or livestock killed either have to handle it themselves or pay a ADC trapper.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+9,439
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Do you realize how successful the recovery of wolves has been in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota? I know they're all cute and everything but they are big and capable and hungry predators.

13. renniks

+2,030
    Christian
    Married
    As far as using them I will tan and keep or sell the fur. They aren't wasted unless mangy, in which case you are doing them a favor.

14. public hermit

public hermit social troglodyte Supporter

+4,801
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Yeah, I get the impression not as many counties are paying bounties as there were.

15. Isilwen

+1,346
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    I'm sorry, but this is really nothing but sport hunting and I don't agree with sport hunting in the least!

My mind will not change!

16. renniks

+2,030
    Christian
    Married
    P
    It's management. No different than managing the deer population.

17. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+4,218
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    The hunter's version of the cancel culture

18. Yeshua HaDerekh

Yeshua HaDerekh Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it

+2,327
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    FAKE NEWS

19. renniks

+2,030
    Christian
    Married
    It's not as if it never happens. Both wolves and coyotes occasionally kill humans. It's rare, but not out of the question.

20. renniks

+2,030
    Christian
    Married