Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Just as the OBOB'ers predicted, the wolves are here. Or at least I am. Just wanted to say 'hi' and mark the shiny new forum.

:wave:
so true...bless you Belinda for your true discernment and ability to make a case for true fellowship. Please contribute as a founder in Christ.

Upvote 0

PetertheRock

Mar 25, 2005
Falmouth Maine
✟4,316.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I had a big long thought out post written out on the request topic but by the time I got ready to send it the topic had been closed and I lost the post. I guess God didn't want me to post it.

I will just hope that the liberals with their schismatic views stay here and leave us with the OBOB.

Upvote 0

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
I will just hope that the liberals with their schismatic views stay here and leave us with the OBOB.
you have your wish...but this is online. You can not escape the changes in the Church in real life and in your heart.

Upvote 0

Protinus

Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
:wave:

*howls*

*forages for food*
bless your soul for the good fight and the thread that you started in WWMC. I read all of your concerns and I respect all of them! Please know that I appreciate all of your support in the original thread.

Upvote 0

Pogue

left CF, please see profile for further details
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2006
http://www.thesonscafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15
✟59,840.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
bless your soul for the good fight and the thread that you started in WWMC. I read all of your concerns and I respect all of them! Please know that I appreciate all of your support in the original thread.

Aw, thanks! For what it's worth, I think you did well in sticking to what you wanted and for keeping calm in what turned out to be quite a heated debate. Hopefully now we'll have a period of calm for a bit :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Protinus

Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm DELIGHTED to see this (sub)forum,and look forward to interacting with fellow liberal Catholics. I never felt a bit comfortable about particiapting in OBOB,as I am one of those "bad Catholics"...but Catholic nonetheless.:)

you are not a bad catholic...that is what we are trying to dispel here...we are with Christ and our Church...we fail often.

bless you for coming and please contribute!

Upvote 0

Benedicta00

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
nothing has changed Michelle...my ability to finally express myself has changed....though I dissent.
FWIW, I'm happy you can freely express yourself with out the harassment.

I just feel bad for you (that's sincere) because Prot, the pope is not going to change anything you want him too, the last one didn't, this one won't do it and the next won't either. Why? because a pope is powerless to change the faith Jesus left for us.

I just feel bad because your wasting a lot of energy and your being hurt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Protinus

Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
FWIW, I'm happy you can freely express yourself with out the harassment.

I just feel bad for you (that's sincere) because Prot, the pope is not going to change anything you want him too, the last one didn't, this one won't do it and the next won't either. Why? because a pope is powerless to change the faith Jesus left for us.

I just feel bad because your wasting a lot of energy and your being hurt.

I'm glad you identify my pain but I am empowered to change tradition, as a lay person...I offer it up every day...my dissent ; then I derive strength, that I am able to satisfy change in my Church before Him. That carries me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.