usa
✟42,422.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think if a person is here on earth at the time those events take place it will be totally evident. What you ask me was the visibility of the angels, not whether the events would be recognizable.
don't forget the jews did not recognize Jesus the first time around because they were looking for the wrong things

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
don't forget the jews did not recognize Jesus the first time around because they were looking for the wrong things
I would not say that. They, the people in general like the disciples, were looking for the promised great King of Israel, to lead them and the world into the messianic age of peace and safety. And also to the restore Israel as a united kingdom again like what is prophesied in Ezekiel 37.

But they certainly didn't expect God Himself to enter the world as a man to become their king. If that is what you mean.
Which the Pharisees who he was critical of, sought to kill him, using the grounds that he equated himself as God. They couldn't handle the criticism or the truth.

Back in Samuel's day when they demanded a man-king like the surrounding nations, God told Samuel that there weren't rejecting him (Samuel as a prophet, through who God spoke to Israel) but that they were rejecting Him - God - as being their king.

Ultimately though that is going to be corrected when Jesus returns and they embrace him, the Lord Jesus Christ as the King of Israel... and King of Kings, and Lord of Lords.

Upvote 0