seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A conversation took place at work that goes like this.

Coworker: Sure Jesus had sex! Don't you think (directed at me) that Jesus had sex?
Me: Absolutely not! He was without spot and without sin, else He could never be a sacrifice for our sins.
Coworker: You don't think he stopped by Mary Magdalene's house to _________?
Me: Sure, he stopped by her house. He was in the habit of hanging with sinners. It was the religious people He had issues. But no, He did nothing like that with Mary.
Coworker: He was a man. Don't you think he woke up with a _________ and ________?
Me: Of course. He was a man. He was tempted in every point we are. But no, He did not do that because He was without sin.
Coworker: You know Jesus was a teenager.
Me: Yes. He was a baby, and adult, and everything in between!

:doh:

I have been praying for them intensely. Praise God for every opportunity to speak the Word and show Jesus to the world!

This particular individual has had many laborers in his path. It seems every girlfriend he gets lately reads the Bible. :D Yet, he has resisted and resisted, mocked and mocked some more. It amazes me how much God loves him and tirelessly sends people to him. The Lord is longsuffering and His kindness leads us to repentance.

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
A conversation took place at work that goes like this.

Coworker: Sure Jesus had sex! Don't you think (directed at me) that Jesus had sex?
Me: Absolutely not! He was without spot and without sin, else He could never be a sacrifice for our sins.
Coworker: You don't think he stopped by Mary Magdalene's house to _________?
Me: Sure, he stopped by her house. He was in the habit of hanging with sinners. It was the religious people He had issues. But no, He did nothing like that with Mary.
Coworker: He was a man. Don't you think he woke up with a _________ and ________?
Me: Of course. He was a man. He was tempted in every point we are. But no, He did not do that because He was without sin.
Coworker: You know Jesus was a teenager.
Me: Yes. He was a baby, and adult, and everything in between!

:doh:

I have been praying for them intensely. Praise God for every opportunity to speak the Word and show Jesus to the world!

This particular individual has had many laborers in his path. It seems every girlfriend he gets lately reads the Bible. :D Yet, he has resisted and resisted, mocked and mocked some more. It amazes me how much God loves him and tirelessly sends people to him. The Lord is longsuffering and His kindness leads us to repentance.
Cindy's Coworker just went on my prayer list. ^_^ God is patient.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Cindy's Coworker just went on my prayer list. ^_^ God is patient.
Oh, this is great. Thank you, Bob. You are joining others in agreement on this. It is certainly why the Lord has continually placed laborers in his path.

So last night he said that when he gets older he wants to have Alzheimer's, because he doesn't want to be depressed.
Me: What does age have to do with it? Depression can be when you're young or when you're old. You can also be happy when you're young or when you're old.
Coworker: "Yeah, I just need Jesus and then I'll be happy", in a somewhat taunting manner.
Me: So you know what to do - what good is that if you do nothing? That's like sitting in front of a plate of food hungry and saying "I sure am hungry. I wish I weren't hungry," all the while there is the plate, right in front of you.

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Oh, this is great. Thank you, Bob. You are joining others in agreement on this. It is certainly why the Lord has continually placed laborers in his path.

So last night he said that when he gets older he wants to have Alzheimer's, because he doesn't want to be depressed.
Me: What does age have to do with it? Depression can be when you're young or when you're old. You can also be happy when you're young or when you're old.
Coworker: "Yeah, I just need Jesus and then I'll be happy", in a somewhat taunting manner.
Me: So you know what to do - what good is that if you do nothing? That's like sitting in front of a plate of food hungry and saying "I sure am hungry. I wish I weren't hungry," all the while there is the plate, right in front of you.

You know what I see here? This guy thinks he is just being funny, but it is really his search for the truth ha ha! He is actually searching for the truth now! Keep going Cindy and do not give up. Just keep answering him truthfully and patiently as you have been doing... You are showing him the way home... :clap::clap::clap: A lesson for all of us who have similar situations in our lives...

Upvote 0