✟50,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for getting my point!

Yes my usual way of witnessing is to give books out but recently I have started sharing my testimony too which prompted me to see how others do it, disagree with their watering it down, coming here to ask a bigger pool of wisdom than my own and get feedback. All very helpful.

It sounds like you have the right mindset. What little witnessing that I've done as an adult has been to share what I can and then give someone a Christian book, which will hopefully lead them in the right direction. Also, on a limited number of occasions, I've tried to encourage some who are wavering or have turned their backs on faith to one degree or another.

Some might have anxiety over hell, so we should tread lightly in those cases, and offer them a message of Jesus' forgiveness and assurance. Others might be indifferent, confused, or disbelieve hell. In those cases, we should lovingly remind people of Jesus' warnings.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

Aimz

member with autism
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
TQ
✟50,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry I do not understand are you asking if I am a believer? I have been a believer for a long time but I have only recently started sharing my testimony and spreading the good news to unbelievers and the world.

I do believe this, I am not concerned about my ability to convert because that power is not mine. My concern is about sharing the good news authentically with their best interests at heart not keeping them immature or in ignorance.

Yes I agree.

For someone that does not know God, does not know Christ, we can testify to them about finding God ourselves and/or (soon also) the Good News of Christ Jesus, Who can save them!

Having faith in Christ as saving, we should confidently believe the full and complete Good News will save those who would turn to Him.

Messages about enduring in Christ, such as the key message of Matthew 7:24-27, should come soon to those already converted. Not first, before they are converted, which would be putting the cart before the horse, but as they need, in the first year or two.

It is after a person has fully come to Christ that they will be wanting to hear His Words, and especially interested to hear His Words. It's good also to use His Words as we tell people of Christ. For instance, for me His Words "A new command I give you, that you love one another" were powerful and profoundly helpful to bring me to seek Him and find Him.

About 'backsliding', Christ told a profound message for us to learn -- the parable of the Prodigal Son.

These Words, this parable, are also deeply convincing to many. It's at times a very good way to tell some about Christ (such as some that grew up in churches but never fully came to Him) when we seek to find Words of His to tell them of, to relay to them, those Words that will endure forever, "even after heaving and Earth pass away" (and are replaced by the new heaven and new Earth).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry I do not understand are you asking if I am a believer? I have been a believer for a long time but I have only recently started sharing my testimony and spreading the good news to unbelievers and the world.

I do believe this, I am nit concerned about my abikity to convert because that power is not mine. My concern is about sharing the good news authentically with their best interests at heart not keeping them immature or in ignorance.

Yes I agree.

No, not asking if you are a believer! I'm presuming you are. :) Welcome here!

Since you asked about backsliding stuff, I feel it's important also that you take in the profoundly crucial message from Christ to us in the parable of the Prodigal Son, or really all of Luke chapter 15, all of which is about those temporarily lost --
Luke 15 NIV

Upvote 0

Aimz

member with autism
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
TQ
✟50,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I have it wrong please tell me how He witnessed I told you how I currently think He did I am totally happy to let go of my opinions for truth.

I was asking if you in general keep the message positive or if you do sometimes warn people of backsliding.

No, but I have seen watered down witnessing before and I want to avoid it if it is wrong. So I came here for general clarification on general witnessing practices.

I have.

Me too.

PS I have seen people writing after others quotes how do they do it without it coming out like it is all one person talking? I thought replying between paragraphs would do that.

Again, how did Jesus witness?

And no, are you asking me if i'm "politically correct" in witnessing?

Surely you did not read that in any of the posts i posted on this thread.

Read post #8, sister.

I agree with our brother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aimz

member with autism
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
TQ
✟50,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you.

It is because I take it seriously that I do not want others to be left in ignorance which they seem to be because others have witnessed to them with a watered down gospel. I want to witness as I believe Christ did with both good and bad. This seems to be unpopular because of fear of new people rejecting Christ’s sometimes hard message but we are to pass it on as a duty yes with gentleness but not to appease and be politically correct and wishy washy.

No, not asking if you are a believer! I'm presuming you are. :) Welcome here!

Since you asked about backsliding stuff, I feel it's important also that you take in the profoundly crucial message from Christ to us in the parable of the Prodigal Son, or really all of Luke chapter 15, all of which is about those temporarily lost --
Luke 15 NIV

Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If I have it wrong please tell me how He witnessed I told you how I currently think He did I am totally happy to let go of my opinions for truth.

I was asking if you in general keep the message positive or if you do sometimes warn people of backsliding.

No, but I have seen watered down witnessing before and I want to avoid it if it is wrong. So I came here for general clarification on general witnessing practices.

I have.

Me too.

PS I have seen people writing after others quotes how do they do it without it coming out like it is all one person talking? I thought replying between paragraphs would do that.

How is it written that Jesus witnessed, for instance with the woman at the well, the adulteress who was about to get stoned, and Zacchaeus?

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Hi, Aimz. You may have already figured this out. But to respond to individual paragraphs within another post, place beginning and ending QUOTE tags around each paragraph in the original post. Your response goes between the paragraphs in the original post.

Reactions: Aimz
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you.

It is because I take it seriously that I do not want others to be left in ignorance which they seem to be because others have witnessed to them with a watered down gospel. I want to witness as I believe Christ did with both good and bad. This seems to be unpopular because of fear of new people rejecting Christ’s sometimes hard message but we are to pass it on as a duty yes with gentleness but not to appease and be politically correct and wishy washy.

People do indeed need the full message of all of Christ's Word to us.

But at first, they need to find Christ, come to Him, and that will usually be with some of His Words that are parts of the Good News (and the Prodigal Son parable even has parts of the Good News that at some time might be the right part for someone to hear!).

So, at first, that is what they need, and the wonderful Words He spoke are often a very good aid.

I would not use an epistle usually to tell someone about the Good News of Jesus our Christ. First I would tell them about my own experience, and also I would tell them something our Savior Himself said, because His Words themselves are powerful. More than our words.

You should never use the word "backsliding" to a person that doesn't yet even have to full message of the Good News that Christ saves them from their sins, and who has not yet come to Him, and been baptized. That would be a very bad cart-before-the-horse problem. Do, please, please do read Luke 15 fully.

Reactions: Aimz
Upvote 0

Aimz

member with autism
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
TQ
✟50,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How come you do not answer but give other questions?
I clearly do not understand how Jesus witnessed because you would have said yes that is right or no that is wrong or this is a better way or probably best to leave that out...

I think He witnessed without judgement He knew their hearts and the best way to answer to make them draw nearer to Him or if it be God’s will further from Him.
I believe God has already chosen His elect and it is up to Him to convert not us so however the gospel is spread through bad prophet or good it is still spread.

But for my own conviction and humbling I wanted to test my Spirit by seeking others opinions on their practice of witnessing to see if I was missing something obvious like people do not bring this up at this time because... social stuff does not come easily to me I would rather err on the side of caution but not be a coward.

Please tell me how Jesus witnessed.

How is it written that Jesus witnessed, for instance with the woman at the well, the adulteress who was about to get stoned, and Zacchaeus?

Upvote 0

Aimz

member with autism
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
TQ
✟50,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you!

Hi, Aimz. You may have already figured this out. But to respond to individual paragraphs within another post, place beginning and ending QUOTE tags around each paragraph in the original post. Your response goes between the paragraphs in the original post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
How come you do not answer but give other questions?
I clearly do not understand how Jesus witnessed because you would have said yes that is right or no that is wrong or this is a better way or probably best to leave that out...

I think He witnessed without judgement He knew their hearts and the best way to answer to make them draw nearer to Him or if it be God’s will further from Him.
I believe God has already chosen His elect and it is up to Him to convert not us so however the gospel is spread through bad prophet or good it is still spread.

But for my own conviction and humbling I wanted to test my Spirit by seeking others opinions on their practice of witnessing to see if I was missing something obvious like people do not bring thus up at this time because... social stuff does not come easily to me I would rather err on the side of caution but not be a coward.

Please tell me how Jesus witnessed.

As i stated in an earlier post, His witnessing was simple and zero'ed in on their heart and their need. That's why i asked you about the three persons i mentioned above, as examples.

Other "opinions" do not matter. It's not about "any of us".

It's about God and the prompting of His Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

GuusVA

God's Warrior
Oct 14, 2013
Tongeren Belgium
✟24,641.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can hear your trouble Aimz.

I agree with brinny on the fact that it has to come from the Holy Spirit!

I agree with halbhh that sometimes specific warnings can be better kept till people believe and not before people have come to accept Christ!

Referring to several of Paul's passages on witnessing with the Holy Spirit we must though be careful!

So to speak, the Holy Spirit may put unto my heart the joy of witnessing to a certain person. We should still speak to this person in a manner that is acceptable.
For example, we are often not to say in the wrong tone 'you are a sinner!' But we can say 'because of the things that we do wrong we need the blood of Jesus!'

To answer the question posted in the OP:

Yes you can warn people, as a missionary I often speak to people that do not believe. Always informing them for the consequences of them saying no to God! The road that you take to doing this though is a vague one, since every case is unique and different!

Upvote 0