With zero proof Joe Biden claims the President is going to postpone the election

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely not.

The goal is to leave open the rationale for Republican post election grievances.
That seems to be the standard come-back line whenever the mail-in scandal gets mentioned. You're right about that.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That seems to be the patented come-back line whenever the mail-in scandal gets mentioned. You're right about that.
Hey I'm all for doing what it takes to secure mail in voting while keeping it available for all voters.

And its a copyright, not a patent.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Wouldn't it be prudent, then, to start looking into ways to tighten that system as much as possible? To start diverting money and time into making sure the mail-in voting system is secure
Louis DeJoy is trump's postmaster general. His main (and only qualification as far as I can tell) is that he's donated large amounts of money to trump and the RNC.

I would imagine that, just like every other appointment trump has made, DeJoy's job as US Postmaster is to destroy the agency from the inside. IOW, IMHO, DeJoy's JOB at the US Postal Service is to make sure that that DOESN'T happen.

Note that DeJoy was appointed June 16 of this year, about the same time that trump and the Republicans REALLY started "questioning" mail-in voting.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"Mark my words, I think he is gonna try to kick back the election somehow, come up with some rationale why it can't be held," Biden said during a Thursday evening virtual fundraiser.

Biden predicts Trump will try to postpone the election
So maybe it can be brought up to him later if it doesn't happen and we say we did what you told us....we marked your words.......so apparently you didn't know what you were talking about?

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Louis DeJoy is trump's postmaster general. His main (and only qualification as far as I can tell) is that he's donated large amounts of money to trump and the RNC.

I would imagine that, just like every other appointment trump has made, DeJoy's job as US Postmaster is to destroy the agency from the inside. IOW, IMHO, DeJoy's JOB at the US Postal Service is to make sure that that DOESN'T happen.

Note that DeJoy was appointed June 16 of this year, about the same time that trump and the Republicans REALLY started "questioning" mail-in voting.

Really, complaining about massive mail-in voting seems, to me, like complaining about an incoming hurricane. It's going to hit you whether you like it or not, so you can either batten down the hatches and prepare for it, have your house destroyed, or drive away.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hey I'm all for doing what it takes to secure mail in voting while keeping it available for all voters.
Okay, so that would necessarily mean that you're absolutely opposed to Pelosi's demands on Congress to institutionalize the shady stuff on a national scale, against "Vote Harvesting" which is already law in California and maybe a few other places, against sending out ballots to every person whether or not he's a voter and without any request for a mail-in ballot having being made, and against counting votes that arrive after the close of polls on election day. All of that would be a good start, I agree.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The position of Postmaster General has often been given to such a person, regardless of which party is in charge of the White House, that's right.

Here's a snippet from the totalhistory.com article--

"Historically, a postmaster general was chosen from within a new President’s campaign party membership. During the early days of the post office, a Postmaster General had the responsibility of managing the ruling party’s support and enjoyed a very influential position which held great persuasion within the party. For instance, Mr. James Farley made use of his position as Postmaster General to give rewards to party loyalists in congress during Franklin D. Roosevelt’s New Deal policy initiative. It was Mr. Farley’s belief that those who had supported Mr. Roosevelt’s campaign should be compensated for their loyalty and political backing, never mind the fact that these supporters were; except for a few, hand-picked by Mr. Farley himself. Or that this screening of Roosevelt supporters was conducted even before the President himself had the chance to agree to the assignments due to the power the position of Postmaster General."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Okay, so that would necessarily mean that you're absolutely opposed to Pelosi's demands on Congress to institutionalize the shady stuff on a national scale, against "Vote Harvesting" which is already law in California and maybe a few other places, against sending out ballots to every person whether or not he's a voter and without any request for a mail-in ballot having being made, and against counting votes that arrive after the close of polls on election day. All of that would be a good start, I agree.
I would certainly look into all of those in detail. Whether I will agree with your conclusions after investigation is another matter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi dC,
. I find the made wildly egotistical beyond the measure of pretty much anyone I've ever known in my entire life and I'm 64 and I've known a lot of people. I find the man a boor. He has no respect for others. His singular and regular method of dealing with people who don't agree with him is to denigrate them and call them mean and demeaning names. You approve of that. I don't! He treats others like a petulant three year old. You approve of that. I don't.

So you look at how a politician makes you feel on a personal level. Others look and consider there are certain acts and policies that are important in sound nation building. Presidents come and go every 4-8 years. The policies they put in place can have an effect for many more years beyond that though.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Looks like Biden is right that Trump wants to delay the election.

Trump isn't getting support from the Republicans in the House and Senate - or from the co-founder of the Federalist Society which has vetted Trump's judiciary picks.

Delay election? Conservative group co-founder says Trump's tweet is grounds for impeachment - CNNPolitics

The co-founder of the conservative Federalist Society said Thursday in a blistering New York Times op-ed that President Donald Trump's tweet musing about a delay to November's presidential election is grounds for impeachment.

Steven Calabresi, a Northwestern University law professor who has offered broad defenses of the President in recent years, wrote, "I am frankly appalled by the president's recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election. Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats' assertion that President Trump is a fascist."
"But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president's immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate," he said.
It's a significant break from the co-founder of one of the most influential groups in Republican politics. The Federalist Society has emerged as a leading conservative and libertarian voice in recent years, urging a limited role for judges in society's problems.

He is no liberal or Democratic - and he is saying ""But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president's immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate..."

Wow

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You know, the joke wasn't really funny the first time, and saying it hundreds of times over hasn't made it any funnier.

Title of thread Biden with 0 proof that makes sense
0 in many areas.

M
M

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Title of thread Biden with 0 proof that makes sense
0 in many areas.

M
M
First, Biden never said he had ‘proof’. He made a prediction that someone would do something. It’s like if I said ‘mark my words, they’ll make a Wonder Woman 3 in 2022.’ I might be right, I might be wrong, based off this or that, but it’s not like I’m saying I have 100% proof. It’s my opinion. Biden started his opinion.

And it seems like his opinion was fairly spot on. Trump did, indeed, come up with a rationale for delaying the election. Now, that’s as far as it’ll go, but that likely has something to do with him having absolutely no power to take it any further.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Looks like Biden is right that Trump wants to delay the election.

Trump isn't getting support from the Republicans in the House and Senate - or from the co-founder of the Federalist Society which has vetted Trump's judiciary picks.

Delay election? Conservative group co-founder says Trump's tweet is grounds for impeachment - CNNPolitics

The co-founder of the conservative Federalist Society said Thursday in a blistering New York Times op-ed that President Donald Trump's tweet musing about a delay to November's presidential election is grounds for impeachment.

Steven Calabresi, a Northwestern University law professor who has offered broad defenses of the President in recent years, wrote, "I am frankly appalled by the president's recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election. Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats' assertion that President Trump is a fascist."
"But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president's immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate," he said.
It's a significant break from the co-founder of one of the most influential groups in Republican politics. The Federalist Society has emerged as a leading conservative and libertarian voice in recent years, urging a limited role for judges in society's problems.

He is no liberal or Democratic - and he is saying ""But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president's immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate..."

Wow

Come on, Steven Calabresi has always been a deep state liberal never Trumper. Whether or not what he said over the last 4 years actually reflects that doesn't matter, by virtue of his calling for Trump's impeachment now, he is de facto always anti-Trump.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,683.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
  • Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The co-founder of the Federalist Society is a deep state liberal.........right. :doh::doh::doh:

Didn't he argue that the Mueller investigation was unconstitutional and didn't he stick up for Trump's order for an Inspector General to investigate whether the FBI spied in the 2016 campaign?

The election for the president has never been delayed - not even for the Civil War or WWII.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
As long as the "postponing" of the election doesn't put it so that they can't determine a winner before the deadline of which the next presidential term starts I don't see this as a huge issue. I don't have an issue with a 2 week or even a month postponement of the presidential election itself especially if a vaccine should happen that could allow more and more people who would be scared to vote, feel comfortable about voting in person.
I think the 2 issues is would more in person voter turnouts favor one candidate over the other and would less mail in ballots needed likewise favor a candidate. Personally I don't have a clue as to putting off the election for a few weeks even a month would make a huge difference IF..... there was no cheating involved one way or another.
We are in a situation that we haven't been in, and things have been done that have never been done because of the virus including shutting down all sorts of things never been shut down.... ever so to delay or shut down anything because it was never done so in the past is not an overwhelming argument IMO.
However I don't think the President can delay the vote by executive order alone it would end up at the Supreme Court in the end after going through 2-3 levels of judges. I don't think the Democrats in Congress would agree to a delay in the voting if they thought it wouldn't help them so all of this feigned outrage is just that...
As it probably isn't going to be postponed/delayed unless he can compel congress and/or the supreme court to allow it.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"Historically, a postmaster general was chosen from within a new President’s campaign party membership. During the early days of the post office, a Postmaster General had the responsibility of managing the ruling party’s support and enjoyed a very influential position which held great persuasion within the party. For instance, Mr. James Farley made use of his position as Postmaster General to give rewards to party loyalists in congress during Franklin D. Roosevelt’s New Deal policy initiative. It was Mr. Farley’s belief that those who had supported Mr. Roosevelt’s campaign should be compensated for their loyalty and political backing, never mind the fact that these supporters were; except for a few, hand-picked by Mr. Farley himself. Or that this screening of Roosevelt supporters was conducted even before the President himself had the chance to agree to the assignments due to the power the position of Postmaster General."

And this started at a time when the position of local postmaster was a political patronage job (no confirmation required) and the Postmaster General was a *cabinet post*. In that configuration, the Postmaster General was a primary coordinator of patronage and was a strong political ally of the President.

Today the Postmaster General is not even appointed by the President, but by the Board of Governors (who are appointed by the President), and not subject to Senate confirmation. The previous 4 PMGs were all career USPS employees (that's as far back as I looked).

Short answer: The job of Postmaster General is no longer the President's political enforcer and not even appointed by him.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
As long as the "postponing" of the election doesn't put it so that they can't determine a winner before the deadline of which the next presidential term starts I don't see this as a huge issue.
Even the most optimistic reports I've read don't think we'll have a widespread vaccine before early January. It's certainly not something we should count on, at this point - unless something drastically changes, we should probably work under the assumption that, by the time inauguration day rolls around, we'll still be dealing with this, at least to some extent.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0