With zero proof Joe Biden claims the President is going to postpone the election

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi HL,

Well, then we may get a new president who is sometimes like the old president, if Biden is elected. It's hard to number all the claims that President Trump has made without supporting evidence. However, I'm not sure that it is without any merit. He did take some initiative to delay the 2020 census after the SC said that he couldn't make certain changes to the ballot. He is now refusing to offer financial assistance to the U.S.P.S. which may make it more difficult for mail in voting, which he has said will ruin the Republican party for the foreseeable future. So, I can certainly envision a scenario where President Trump thinks he might not be able to win re-election at this time and could make some effort to stall the next election.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How would one provide proof for a prediction?

Here is one possible explanation explaining Biden's prediction that wasn't included in the OP.

From the article...

The presumptive Democratic nominee latched on to Mr. Trump's earlier resistance to grant COVID-19 federal relief money to the postal service, labeling the move "un-American." On April 10, the postmaster general requested help, saying the service was at a "critical juncture" and faced a net operating loss of more than $22 billion over the next 18 months.

Not financially assisting the postal service, Biden alleged, would be one way the Trump administration could impact proposed expansion of vote-by-mail efforts for the general election.

"Imagine threatening not to fund the post office. Now what in God's name is that about? Other than trying to let the word out that he's going to do all he can to make it very hard for people to vote. That's the only way he thinks he can possibly win," Biden said.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi HL,

Well, then we may get a new president who is sometimes like the old president, if Biden is elected. It's hard to number all the claims that President Trump has made without supporting evidence. However, I'm not sure that it is without any merit. He did take some initiative to delay the 2020 census after the SC said that he couldn't make certain changes to the ballot. He is now refusing to offer financial assistance to the U.S.P.S. which may make it more difficult for mail in voting, which he has said will ruin the Republican party for the foreseeable future. So, I can certainly envision a scenario where President Trump thinks he might not be able to win re-election at this time and could make some effort to stall the next election.
God bless,
In Christ, ted
Interesting because I cannot envision any scenario where President Trump thinks he might not be able to win re-election. I can however envision what a debate between Trump and Biden would look like, it isn't pretty

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
  • Haha
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Mark my words, I think he is gonna try to kick back the election somehow, come up with some rationale why it can't be held," Biden said during a Thursday evening virtual fundraiser.
Biden predicts Trump will try to postpone the election

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I'm just not real sure that Biden could remember to say that?
M

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Interesting because I cannot envision any scenario where President Trump thinks he might not be able to win re-election. I can however envision what a debate between Trump and Biden would look like, it isn't pretty

Er...how can you not envision it? He literally TOLD you what that scenario is...

"The things they had in there were crazy. They had things, levels of voting that if you’d ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again,"

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Er...how can you not envision it? He literally TOLD you what that scenario is...

"The things they had in there were crazy. They had things, levels of voting that if you’d ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again,"
I do not understand your post. I replied to what miamited posted. What post are you reading.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do not understand your post. I replied to what miamited posted. What post are you reading.

He says he can envision a scenario where Trump thinks he can't win the election.

You said you can't envision a scenario where Trump would think that.

I referenced a scenario, from Trump's own mouth, where he thinks neither he, nor even any other Republican could ever again win an election.

Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He says he can envision a scenario where Trump thinks he can't win the election.

You said you can't envision a scenario where Trump would think that.

I referenced a scenario, from Trump's own mouth, where he thinks neither he, nor even any other Republican could ever again win an election.
OK Thanks

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Interesting because I cannot envision any scenario where President Trump thinks he might not be able to win re-election.

You can’t invision a scenario where a president who could be facing 25% unemployment, a new Great Depression, potentially hundreds of thousands of dead from a pandemic and who wasn’t particularly popular even before all that started could possibly lose an election?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is one possible explanation explaining Biden's prediction that wasn't included in the OP.

From the article...

The presumptive Democratic nominee latched on to Mr. Trump's earlier resistance to grant COVID-19 federal relief money to the postal service, labeling the move "un-American." On April 10, the postmaster general requested help, saying the service was at a "critical juncture" and faced a net operating loss of more than $22 billion over the next 18 months.

Not financially assisting the postal service, Biden alleged, would be one way the Trump administration could impact proposed expansion of vote-by-mail efforts for the general election.

"Imagine threatening not to fund the post office. Now what in God's name is that about? Other than trying to let the word out that he's going to do all he can to make it very hard for people to vote. That's the only way he thinks he can possibly win," Biden said.

Nope, not ignored - I didn't want to promote a conspiracy theory. Even if it from the Democratic front runner

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Would Donald repeat his thoughts that it might be a good idea to ingest bleach? Because I can imagine that for starters.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi DC,

You may be right. However, what President Trump 'thinks' is often led by his egotistical mindset. It often doesn't meld well with the reality of what is. For example: President Trump recently said that he thought there might be some cure for covid-19 by injecting ourselves with household cleaners. He also recently 'thought' that chloroquine, a drug used for the treatment of malaria, might also hold the cure. He says these things while pointing to his brain and telling us that he's much smarter than any of us, or any of the medical 'experts'. He's also been known to indicate his gut as the source of what he thinks. I personally believe that there is ample proof that what President Trump claims to think is far outside the reality of what is.

So, while Donald Trump the man may allow his ego to blow his understanding of himself way out of proportion to reality, some of his campaign advisers may well cause him to hold some niggling doubts about his ability to win. Just as the thread we are involved in is making the claim that some are making claims without any proof, there are some of us who actually try to understand the nature of the man and make guesstimates based on that nature.

Personally, I think that Biden, if he can overlook the empty threats that Donald Trump is so sure to make against him, could hold his own on facts. I also think that Biden's claim in this thread is based on his understanding of the nature of Donald Trump. Who he is on the inside.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well postponing the election just means you have president pelosi,as wether or not there is a election trump stops being president in spring, he only gets to remain president if there is a election, the rules are quiet clear on that.

That doesn't happen, Pelosi would not be the President. It would be an interesting mess, though a horrible one for the US. Remember, all House members have elections in November -- without an election, Pelosi is not in Congress, meaning she is not in line to the Presidency.

It is an interesting Constitutional question what might happen, likely one that would have to be determined by the Supreme Court. It does appear Sen. Chuck Grassley could end up as President, until an election is held, as he is third in line (behind the Speaker of the House) and is not up for re-election until 2022 -- though you still have the question of if the Senate could convene for a new session (without the third of Senators up for election this year) and, if they are not, if that would disqualify him.

• Winner
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can’t invision a scenario where a president who could be facing 25% unemployment, a new Great Depression, potentially hundreds of thousands of dead from a pandemic and who wasn’t particularly popular even before all that started could possibly lose an election?

Hi kentonio,

Just to be clear, the claim you're quoting is in regards to what President Trump thinks. One must understand that all of those things you see as possible problems, have all been handled beautifully and greatly by him. According to what President Trump thinks, and apparently a large segment of his supporters.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0