• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

With all your heart?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Hammster, Dec 14, 2020.

Can you love God with all of your heart?

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

42.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul. Supporter

+7,425
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Job 1:1 says,
    “There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.”

Luke 1:5-6 says,
    “There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.” (Luke 1:5-6).

Revelation 14:3-5 says,
    “And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.” (Revelation 14:3-5).

1 verse, and then the 2 verses, and then 3 verses.

1, 2, and 3....

Do you believe the Word of God?

Many do not like what His Word says in many places, so they seek to either ignore it or change it to fit a belief they find more comforting to them.

2. Bible Highlighter

+7,425
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Breaking God’s commandments is sin (1 John 3:4). Do people really think that God is in favor of believers of holding to a sinful position in breaking His commandments?

3. Hammster

Hammster Theology Matters Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+22,308
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    Not sinless, though. But I’m sure they were at peace with those around them.

4. bling

bling Regular Member Supporter

+1,385
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Does the Spirit within us Love God with everything He has?

Can we partner with the indwelling Holy Spirit, so we are constantly working together for 60 seconds?

Do we have to quench the Spirit to sin?

5. Hammster

+22,308
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    You mean like commands to forgive and to be at peace with all men? Those types? :)

6. Hammster

+22,308
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    Anyway, back to the OP.

7. Bible Highlighter

+7,425
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Paul says we have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16). Christ never justified sin or in breaking the Father’s commandments. So if we have the same mind of Christ, then we also should not justify sin, or the breaking of God’s commands, either.

8. hislegacy

hislegacy Biden turns his back.

+10,459
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    There is no such thing scripturally such as a "fallen-but-redeemed" You are either fallen - or you have been redeemed.

I am open to what scripture you might have that would clearly show someone can live in a fallen, yet redeemed at the same time.

9. Mark Quayle

Mark Quayle Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,116
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    This is off-topic, no? He asked whether a person is able to love God with their whole heart --not what the consequences are. Or do you have some kind of logic that determines validity to the notion that a person is able (or not) to do so, as a logical result of the consequences of not being able to?

10. Mark Quayle

+3,116
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    God uses it to show his glory; sooner or later this will be obvious --at the least when his wrath, justice and righteousness is seen conquering the devil, if not sooner.

11. Mark Quayle

+3,116
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    Who are you replying to? Who here has been justifying sin and/or the breaking of God's commands?

12. Hammster

+22,308
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    I don’t think anyone is justifying sin.

13. Hammster

+22,308
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    We were fallen. Now we are redeemed. Hence, fallen-BUT-redeemed. ;)

14. zoidar

zoidar Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,995
    Sweden
    Christian
    Private
    Hm, didn't you mean we have a fallen nature?

15. Hammster

+22,308
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    How about formerly-unregenerate-but-now-regenerate-yet-not-glorified? :)

16. Mark Quayle

+3,116
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    The 'old man' does. The "fallen nature" is endemic to the lost --not the regenerated. We are given a new nature, "new creation", "new self", "born again", "no longer dead to sin", "newness of life" etc.
    2 Corinthians 5:17, et al

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Mark Quayle

+3,116
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    Does that answer what he really meant, in spite of what you object to, or have you answered his obvious question elsewhere?

18. hislegacy

hislegacy Biden turns his back.

+10,459
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I am no longer fallen when I become redeemed - you cannot be both at the same time.

That is the issue I am having in trying to understand the OP.

I am a new creation in Christ ALL things have passed, ALL things are new.

Can I love God with ALL my heart - absolutely yes.
    Do I love God with all my heart? - absolutely yes.

19. Hammster

+22,308
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    formerly-unregenerate-but-now-regenerate-yet-not-glorified

20. zoidar

zoidar Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,995
    Sweden
    Christian
    Private
    I didn't mean to be funny or anything. We have the flesh even we have a new nature. I thought the flesh could be called "the fallen nature" in us that battles the new nature.

Maybe @hislegacy means we no longer have a "sinful nature" as the flesh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.