1̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶3̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶4̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶5̶0̶ ̶6̶0̶ 70k new cases a day in the US

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Saving face is baked into eastern cultures. Their go to response typically is also the response that looks the best. But that aside, numbers speak a lot, even if they are false. We can use the numbers reported as a bench mark, right now it's the top, and the US is going to surpass it. False or not the US will be the top of the list.

Which should call into question the numbers from China even more. I have the videos, grabbed before they were purged, of the Chinese setting both pigs and infested people on fire to get rid of them, as well as a discussion with a distressed woman who had just been released from a hospital, recovered from the virus. She sobbed while recounting the man next to her, around 70 years old, also sick with the virus. While she could hear him still breathing, they came and placed a cloth bag over his head, wrapped him up in a blanket, put him inside a bag, and wrapped that in another cloth, then heard them saying among themselves that one was going to the incinerators.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
24th was the highest at 11,000+, surpassing the 23rd with 10,000+ which surpassed the 22nd with 9000+. Today there is almost 6000 new cases and still climbing. The curve is only bending because the day isn't over.

The US has 60,000 cases and China 81,000 cases. 2 days ago the US was 40,000 so the curve right now is not looking promising. The US will surpass 100,000 cases, it's just a matter of time.

If seasonal flu numbers are any indicator we will have millions infected soon.

Upvote 0

ml5363

Jan 6, 2016
Tennessee
✟28,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just saw a curve comparison ... and it looks like the US curve is bending just a little ... to the good ...

I would love the site you are using.. I have been looking at worldometer, live science and local Dept of health for figures

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Come on man, I answered your question - I think you are just being difficult.

I'm trying to drill down deeper. Your answer doesn't consider asymptomatic spreaders, and assumes that everyone has been tested.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,877.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm trying to drill down deeper. Your answer doesn't consider asymptomatic spreaders, and assumes that everyone has been tested.
True - but the general principles I have outlined are what the experts say, and I think you are playing games since the answers to your issues, above, are obvious.

Obviously, if you do not feel sick, and you have no particular reason to think you have been exposed, then you fall into the 'don't wear a mask' bucket.

Otherwise, wear a mask.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Because that is what all the experts say. Good enough for me.
What do you mean good enough for you? How can you have the same mask keeping a virus inside of oneself (with a mask) and not keep it from getting in you with a mask????? Sorry but experts got to give explanations which are rational. If they want to just say keep the masks for ones which have it because it cuts back on the numbers getting and we're running out of them than just say so! Or if they want to say keep them for the hospitals and don't buy them fine....but how can they not work both ways???

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, I am with you on your assessment of the President. Again, while not a doctor, I have heard that masks do little to prevent infection, but they do assist in preventing spreading an infection to others.

Assuming these things are factual, wouldn't the solution to that be, that while out in public, it is mandatory that everyone, without exception, are required to wear a mask at all times. If wearing a mask at least assists in preventing spreading an infection to others, the other part---that masks do little to prevent infection---should only matter when not everyone are wearing masks.

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yep. Those are the young people I'm talking about. I only saw one person yesterday who seemed to be in their 20s-30s wearing a mask at the grocery store. The rest were behaving as normal: not wearing masks, talking loudly with each other or on their cell phones, not respecting the 6' of social distance they should be maintaining (that I tried to maintain when I was there, and obviously couldn't).
I had one young punk crowding me in the store yesterday. I forced a cough. He moved on :)

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Projections would indicate that by the end of the week US will lead the world in the total cases of those infected with the virus. There is no indication of it slowing.

What is the US doing so differently that it can't get a handle on this? Is it about top level problems of not doing enough or is it about bottom level problems where people are not listening and do their own thing?
I believe there should be a healthy dose of skepticism with any news coming out of China. The following video which covers several things about the CCP that are rather note worthy.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does this really make sense though? OK infected person exhales....mask stops or hinders virus from leaving his face area. One not infected wears the same mask and yet the outside of it won't stop the virus from getting him? How can one say it'll work one way and not the other?
The virus typically hitches a ride on an exhaled droplet of water. While the mask won't stop the virus alone, it will stop the droplet of water with the virus attached. If exhaled into free air, the water droplet evaporates leaving the virus floating all by itself. Which is why it will get into a mask much easier than it gets out of a mask.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So it isn't the mask per se, it's the improper use of the mask.
The metal band across the nose has to be precisely formed to the shape of the nose and cheek, or it won't seal.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How to Safely Remove Disposable Gloves | Globus

disposable-glove-donning.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Health professionals will use a new one for each patient.
Not anymore -- not in hospitals that are seeing a high load already. There aren't enough masks left. In at least one hospital around here they're issuing one per day; providers have to make do with that.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The virus typically hitches a ride on an exhaled droplet of water. While the mask won't stop the virus alone, it will stop the droplet of water with the virus attached. If exhaled into free air, the water droplet evaporates leaving the virus floating all by itself. Which is why it will get into a mask much easier than it gets out of a mask.

And into your mouth, nose, and lungs.

If a mask reduces the number of viruses that get into your system your immune system has a better chance of fighting them off.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And into your mouth, nose, and lungs.

If a mask reduces the number of viruses that get into your system your immune system has a better chance of fighting them off.
Your immune system fights off pathogens by creating antibodies after an exposure. Until the antibodies are formed, I don't think it matters if it's one germ or 1,000.

• Informative
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The metal band across the nose has to be precisely formed to the shape of the nose and cheek, or it won't seal.

The masks need to have a better design. Of course this will make them more expensive. I used to use the cheap surgical masks when sanding, but I still got sawdust in my nose. I now use my 3M painting respirator which fits tightly and has a great dust filter. It is uncomfortable but I'm used to it now.

Upvote 0