Witchcraft...Wicca...Satanism?

good_news

Jesus Saves (or does he?) :cry:
Mar 17, 2002
✟353.00
I think it is just another religion and should be treated as such. I also have a lot of wiccan friends, there is even a wiccan member here... "ex_christian" or something like tha and I THINK "elephantecity" (or whatever it is) is also neo pagan...not sure

One thing though: WICCANS DO NOT PRACTICE BLACK MAGIC!

So if you know anyone who claims to be wiccan but they practice black magic, they are illuding themselves because wiccans do only good.

Upvote 0

ex_christian

Mar 31, 2002
✟372.00
Originally posted by good_news
I think it is just another religion and should be treated as such. I also have a lot of wiccan friends, there is even a wiccan member here... "ex_christian" or something like tha and I THINK "elephantecity" (or whatever it is) is also neo pagan...not sure

One thing though: WICCANS DO NOT PRACTICE BLACK MAGIC!

So if you know anyone who claims to be wiccan but they practice black magic, they are illuding themselves because wiccans do only good.

Did I jut hear my name? :wave: HI!
Yes I am wiccan. And yes wiccans do only practice good witchcraft, but in reality there is no "black" or "white" magic, just as there are no good or evil hammers or knives. What matters is HOW you use it. EXAMPLE: A knife can be used to cut food for the needy or to murder someone. The knife is not good or evil, what is good or evil is HOW it is used. Same with a hammer, it can be used to construct or destroy. Same with witchcraft. Magic is a tool that can be used for good or evil. Wiccans do only good.

What is wrong with doing good deeds?

Upvote 0

blue_eyes1313

Feb 23, 2002
WA
Visit site
✟7,709.00
Faith
Christian
All Wiccans do magic, right? In the bible it says (I think in Deuteronomy-wrong spelling, I know-) something about not practicing Witchcraft. I am REALLY NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN!! I don't want anyone to think I'm a terrible person or any thing-- but I think that Christianity is the true religion. I have tons of friends from other religions and everything, I just think that their beliefs are misplaced. I know probably no one agrees with me, but don't hate me for what I just said! *is nervous of everyone's response* That's just my opinion. I don't NOT like someone for their religion, I just have my beliefs about it.

Upvote 0

blue_eyes1313

Feb 23, 2002
WA
Visit site
✟7,709.00
Faith
Christian
Argh. I sounded totally ignorant in saying that Christianity is the TRUE religion. I just meant.... um, that Christianity is the truth as I believe it to be (is that any better? I don't know.) Christians believe in Christ as Messiah, and they believe that to be true? I am just saying the same things over.. trying to make it sound NOT so dumb..... arrrgh! I can't fix it!!! I'm just trying to say that my faith is placed in Christianity, and so I think that is the only true and right way. I like (and love) people of other religions, I just don't agree with their beliefs, just as they don't agree with mine. --?

Upvote 0

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by blue_eyes1313
Argh. I sounded totally ignorant in saying that Christianity is the TRUE religion. I just meant.... um, that Christianity is the truth as I believe it to be (is that any better? I don't know.) Christians believe in Christ as Messiah, and they believe that to be true? I am just saying the same things over.. trying to make it sound NOT so dumb..... arrrgh! I can't fix it!!! I'm just trying to say that my faith is placed in Christianity, and so I think that is the only true and right way. I like (and love) people of other religions, I just don't agree with their beliefs, just as they don't agree with mine. --?
Wiccan? Real spells? Really? Like what?

Haha I've just had a total mind blow I always thought magic was make-believe. It's not?

Yeah my view is Christianity isn't even a religion at all, but reality. Religion is something people came up with to comfort themselves, In my opinoin at least.

Upvote 0

blue_eyes1313

Feb 23, 2002
WA
Visit site
✟7,709.00
Faith
Christian
I've always seen Christianity as a reality too. You would have to ask a Wiccan person what exactly it is, but it seems to me to be the practice of Witchcraft. That's what I always have learned about it anyway. It's earth based, and Wiccans worship different gods, sometimes just a goddess, sometimes more than one. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry for starting this thread. I don't think I am...

Upvote 0

will_wait4Him

Feb 9, 2002
McKinney, Texas
Visit site
✟1,866.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, in 1 Corinthians 10:20, it says that the sacrafices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God. It's basicaly saying, those who practice witchcraft, worship demons, not God or his angels.

People often turn to magic because they want more control over what happens to them. They're affraid, and they don't trust God's control of the events in their lives.

When many people in Ephesus became Christians, they realized the evil in real magic. They burned their books of magic(Acts 19:18-20).

Turn away from magic. You don't need it, God will light your path to a pure life, just have faith in him. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clay

Clay in the Potter's Hand
Feb 6, 2002
New Hampshire
Visit site
✟1,755.00
Faith
Protestant
someone said they thought magic was all make-believe. boy oh boy are you ever wrong.

i live in new hampshire and about and hour and a half from salem mass where the infamous "salem witch trials" were held a few hundred years ago. the things ive seen in that city, especially during halloween, has only proven to me that ALL forms of magic are of the devil. people levitating, spells being cast, people who are possessed by demons. one truly does not have an understanding or a respect and a sense of this stuff until they have witnessed it first hand. this stuff does have an effect on someone physically. ive been able to feel the evil surrounding situations. its like pressure is being put on all sides of you. one of the few times ive been thoroughly frightened.

i also believe that being born again is the only way to heaven. everyone is entitled to believe as they see fit. everyone on this earth has the right to worship a tin can. as for me, i believe that salvation by grace through faith in Christ is the only way to heaven and i also believe it is my Biblical duty to help all understand that.

Upvote 0

Hishandmaiden

The Humble Servant
Supporter
Jan 11, 2002
Singapore
✟35,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had known quite a lot of stuffs about witchcrafts, and magic and played around with the ocults. My conclusion is witchcraft and all form of occult pratises must not be tolerated or pratised. It is pure evil and comes from the devil. I was almost....lost.

Upvote 0

Blondie_123

Declaring veracities at every bend
I really don't see a problem with Wiccan. I have a few friends who practice Wiccan, and they're perfectly harmless. I don't engage is such things, and I don't really support them in it, but I don't hold anything against them. My best friend is Wiccan, actually. Or rather, used to be. She changed after I took her to church with me.

There are two kinds of witchcraft - Black magic, and white magic. The white stuff is the harmless stuff. You know, like the "Tie a red thread around your finger for a week, say these words three times, and you'll have good luck for a week" type of thing. Black magic is the stuff like voodoo, and love potion trash. The black magic is what you need to worry about and stay away from. I have friends who practice white magic, and it really doesn't bother me.

As for Satanism, well, that's obviously bad right there. That's the "Let's kill people for sacrifices to Lucifer" type of stuff. That, my friends, is downright wrong.

So there you have it. My take on the stuff:)
Yours truly,
~Sammy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Originally posted by ex_christian

Yes I am wiccan. And yes wiccans do only practice good witchcraft, but in reality there is no "black" or "white" magic, just as there are no good or evil hammers or knives. What matters is HOW you use it. EXAMPLE: A knife can be used to cut food for the needy or to murder someone. The knife is not good or evil, what is good or evil is HOW it is used. Same with a hammer, it can be used to construct or destroy. Same with witchcraft. Magic is a tool that can be used for good or evil. Wiccans do only good.

What is wrong with doing good deeds?

Very good observation on magick (usually written with a k to differentiate from performance magic, visual illusions, etc.)

I'm a Celtic pagan, basically a druid (though not technically.)
I've yet to observe the effects of major spells of real magick, as I've been a part of the celtic path for less than a year, and stuck at college as well.
I have, however, observed the effects of lesser magicks.

by will_wait4Him:
Ok, in 1 Corinthians 10:20, it says that the sacrafices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God. It's basicaly saying, those who practice witchcraft, worship demons, not God or his angels.

I imagine that some pagan sacrifices were offered to demons. But pagan is an extremely broad term. It can refer to "neo-pagan" faiths such as Wicca, or more traditional forms like Celtic paganism/Druidism. I have heard some Christians refer to everything not pertinent to worshipping Jesus... including Judaism and Islam, as pagan. So, with such broad application, it would not surprise me if there were some who sacrificed to demons.
But then we must define demon. Is a demon a deity of destruction such as Morrigan (celtic patron goddess of battle and destruction, granting victory to those she believed were noble in their cause)... or an entity who people believed would come and destroy them if they did not offer praise to it. Many South American native gods of the old religions of the Aztecs, Mayans, etc. would fit the latter description very well.

People often turn to magic because they want more control over what happens to them. They're affraid, and they don't trust God's control of the events in their lives.
Yes, partly this is true. We use magick in order to have a certain ammount of control over our lives... but not in the sense that we have total dominion over everything that happens.
As for being afraid, that is entirely untrue.
Although, I believe that many turn to the trust of Yahweh because they feel they are safest like that.
In other words:
Witches find stability in many things, including magick.
Christians find stability in total trust in your God and Jesus.

The motivation is the same for both actions.

When many people in Ephesus became Christians, they realized the evil in real magic. They burned their books of magic(Acts 19:18-20).

Yes. When the Koptics of ancient Egypt became Christian, they killed most of the priests of the old gods, and burned all their books... including medical texts and science texts, which contained references to magick spells. A great tragedy, as some surviving Egyptian manuscripts just being rediscovered in modern times hint at a civilization more advanced than we'd ever previously thought.
Er, that isn't really relevant to what you said, I just felt like pointing it out.

As for what you said, if Ephesian magick was being used for evil, then maybe the burning of the books was for the best. I don't know the details of the story.

Turn away from magic. You don't need it, God will light your path to a pure life, just have faith in him.

This may be true in some cases, but not all, and you certainly don't need magick if you are a Christian.
However, for some religions, magick is a very important part, comparable to prayer in fact.

Prayer = asking your god to do something
Magick = telling your god to do something
Magick definition 2 = manipulating divine energy, and not specific god/goddess powers themselves

In conclusion, will_wait4Him, I don't necessarily disagree with anything you said, and I totally agree with you when it comes to what is proper Christian conduct regarding magick. However, when applied to religions other than Christianity, then your statements lose some value.

Interesting fact: Saint Bridget of Killarney is actually the canonized version of the Celtic high goddess Brigid. 1,600 or so years ago, the Catholic church was having a lot of trouble converting the last groups of pagan Celts. Most of these groups had particular reverence for Brigid, and so the Church decided to incorporate yet another pagan belief into itself in order to better appeal to the pagans.

Interesting fact 2: The people who dress in white and worship at Stonehenge are actually Christian... in the sense that they believe Jesus to be the Great Sun God prophesied by druids on Britain's main island.

Fact 3, less interesting: Those killed in the Salem witch hunts were not actually witches. That whole undertaking was a politically motivated land grab by the church in Salem Towne, particularly its corrupt minister. However, the reason that the people were executed was because of the church's intolerance of witchcraft, and that is the reason why so many witches flock to Salem now. Wiccans in particular have a deep respect for those killed in the name of religion.

from Blondie_123:
As for Satanism, well, that's obviously bad right there. That's the "Let's kill people for sacrifices to Lucifer" type of stuff. That, my friends, is downright wrong.

Absolutely "Let's kill people for sacrifices to Lucifer" is a horrible thing to do. However, it should be noted that most forms of formal Satanism (chief amongst which is LaVeyan Satanism, founded by Anton S. LaVey, author of the Satanic Bible) are vehemently opposed to such acts. The American Church of Satan, for example, condemns those who perform blood sacrifices.

As for human sacrifice in other religions, I unilaterally disagree with it.
Admittedly, Celtic pagans used to perform human sacrifice, but it was far different than that which is portrayed on Christian websites decrying Halloween. I'm going to get a bit off-topic here, so feel free to stop reading now.
Some Christians like to say how evil Halloween is because it was a day when Druids sacrificed virgin girls to demons, and would put a jack-o-lantern on the doorsteps of homes which provided a young girl for their grisly undertaking.
In truth, Samhain (celtic holiday falling on october 31st), was meant to celebrate two things.
1) New years eve for the Celts
2) the End of harvest

For many centuries, groups of villages would sacrifice a man (not a girl) in order to show respect for the harvest gods. Virginity was certainly not a virtue for the person being sacrificed, as sex was seen as a sort of waypoint for divine energy rather than moral impurity.
As for the number of people sacrificed, it was usually one person per tribe... in other words, very few people were killed each year. Those who were would have been volunteers, or in some cases possibly those dying young from terminal illnesses.

The jack-o-lantern part is pure fiction.
The "demons" part is pure fiction. There is no devil or hell in Celtic beliefs, and thus no demons or any real divine forces of malevolence.

Sacrifices were discontinued once it was realized that they were unnecessary. The gods did not want us killing each other for them.

Upvote 0

ex_christian

Mar 31, 2002
✟372.00
Originally posted by blue_eyes1313
I've always seen Christianity as a reality too. You would have to ask a Wiccan person what exactly it is, but it seems to me to be the practice of Witchcraft. That's what I always have learned about it anyway. It's earth based, and Wiccans worship different gods, sometimes just a goddess, sometimes more than one. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry for starting this thread. I don't think I am...

Many ppl think wiccans are polytheists b/c that is what it seems like. In reality we are cosmopolitan monotheists who worship one gender less spirit, "God". The difference is, that we personofy "God" as a female b/c to us "God" is like a mother figure, mothering, nurturing, loving, etc. When a Wiccan prays to one of various "gods" they are in reality praying to a "facet" of the one true God/dess.

Get it? :clap:
Blessed Be.
~Ex

PS there is A LOT more to wicca than spells and magic. It is a religion and has many aspects to it. I used to be christian, but then I found "God" through Wicca. Some may not understand this but it is the way I see things. Wicca is the truth as I see it just as Christianity is the truth as you see it.

Upvote 0