Visit site
✟15,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do not know that what I dabbled in qualifies as any of the above, but most certainly it was not of a holy nature. I used to cast runes, use Tarot, and read a lot about mystiscism, but I learned very quickly the negativity that came along with such practices, and abandoned them. I cannot say what led me to them...youth, perhaps.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Can't say that I was "involved" in it... but can say that I experienced it through those that I considered my friends at one time, who did. Strange story....moved into house with girlfriend, it was an old house, which needed serious cleaning. Found poster of flasher, and trashed it. Came back and was found on kitchen table. Tore it up and trashed it, with special trip to garbage can to make sure it was out of the house. It came back. We were scared by then, and then comes this girl who said she was a white whitch, and she will get rid of it for us. Instructions were to hold a scence. Candle in middle of floor and we were to gather around indian squatting. She did her mumbo jumbo and then the room, even though it had the candle and the lights on, grew dark, and the air got heavy, it stank with a putrid odor as the light from the lightbulb and candle got dimmer. I said "Jesus" and a spark of light shot through the window to the candle, and the depressive, dark atmosphere left. The white witch was furious. I didn't care. The poster was burned in the trash barrel and that was the last we saw of it.

Upvote 0

Ahavah

Old School
Nov 4, 2004
✟9,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
visionary said:
Can't say that I was "involved" in it... but can say that I experienced it through those that I considered my friends at one time, who did. Strange story....moved into house with girlfriend, it was an old house, which needed serious cleaning. Found poster of flasher, and trashed it. Came back and was found on kitchen table. Tore it up and trashed it, with special trip to garbage can to make sure it was out of the house. It came back. We were scared by then, and then comes this girl who said she was a white whitch, and she will get rid of it for us. Instructions were to hold a scence. Candle in middle of floor and we were to gather around indian squatting. She did her mumbo jumbo and then the room, even though it had the candle and the lights on, grew dark, and the air got heavy, it stank with a putrid odor as the light from the lightbulb and candle got dimmer. I said "Jesus" and a spark of light shot through the window to the candle, and the depressive, dark atmosphere left. The white witch was furious. I didn't care. The poster was burned in the trash barrel and that was the last we saw of it.
That's interesting...my parents had a similar experiance with a Ouji Bord. They were just New christians..and they were cleaning out their house of any Occult materials. They tried to burn the Ouji board in the back yard, but it would'nt burn..only the other things around it burned up. I remember seeing my parents as they tried to burn that board game..they were scared. They ended up just taking it to the dump, since pouring gasoline on it wouldn't even work.

Upvote 0

Nossa-the-Lame

Strider of the Pope
Mar 5, 2004
Sacramento, California
✟9,241.00
Faith
Christian
Hrmmm...occult you say...well, I am not one who dabbles in occult practices, but I do lke to learn about the stuff. I always like watching the sci-fi channel and watching the ghost hunters, or other crazy things. I also like to look up other things occult related, like Lilith's tale and other things. If there is anything remotely close to the occult, I would have to say RPG's, like D&D or Vampire: The masqurade. And even then thats as close to devil worship as Richard Simmons is to being overweight ;)

Upvote 0

Torah

Senior Veteran
Oct 24, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟12,588.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I did walk away from this post and thought what biasness is it on mine what people do.
But I feel the L-rd sent me back.
WARNING: The dark world through TV and movies & books is bomb-barding people with his spells to binding them up.
If you are watching the sci-fi channel and watching the ghost hunters, or other crazy things, or like to look up other things occult related, like Lilith's tale and other things. If anyone is entertaining any of these things then you are DABBLEING in the occult. And you are playing with fire. My advice is to stop watching these things.

Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.
3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.

Do not sit in front of the TV=[is a mocker of G-d]

Upvote 0

Beth-el girl

Feb 4, 2005
ohio
✟437.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You know I was thinking about posting a thread on my kids and movies TV and music maybe I can just do it here.
I have been taking away the shows like digimon and all those Japanese shows. I don't have a problem with Alien type things so much. But I really can't stand the movies point towards teens and young adults "The Boogie Man" and all. It's hard to make my kids understand how bad all this is. Especially the music. (Sex & Killing) What's really hard is the fact that I was one of those Christians who didn't get it before. So it hasn't been enforced until the last few years.My husband didn't help before because he didn't see it when I did. He is starting to but I am so tired of the wrong things being glorified in this world.
It's all a struggle.
:idea: :sigh:

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
This is just my opinion, of course, but I don't think the problem is with the books, films and shows on these subjects themselves, but how such subjects are treated in them.
For instance, Stephen King has some pretty good (and tough) things to say, and he uses these subjects to get his moral and ethical points across in a way not possible in mainstream fiction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bruce101

Oct 16, 2004
Southern United States
✟16,159.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I played with the occult foe a short time as an older teenager. I read the Satanic Bible by Anton Levay, and knew a couple of witches. I was a major fan of Ozzie Osbourne and Black Sabbath, and other dark metal. I have studied it to see wht thier beliefs are. Some do it out of a flat out rejection of God,(Satanists) others think it as a real religion.
I don't mess with any of it now, at all. I have enough problems with out opening any doors that need to stay closed.
Bruce

Reactions: Beth-el girl
Upvote 0

MyZz

Dec 3, 2004
✟586.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was quite drawn to reading about occult type things in my early teens.From T.Lobsang rampa to the I ching,I read about it all...however I realised it was not good when I saw in deuteronomy the prohibition against all types of occult type practises and it seems to me that even reading those things is expressing an unhealthy interest in what is forbidden in Torah.

I think many films and books expose us to things we should not even be exposing our minds and senses to.
Shalom all

Upvote 0