Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul healed a medium :

Acts 16:16 Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a female slave who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling.

18. ....Paul said to the spirit, "In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!" At that moment the spirit left her.
19.When her owners realized that their hope of making money was gone, they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into the marketplace to face the authorities.

===============================================
In this modern world its surprising to find that many people still secretly rely on Witchcraft and Mediums for their life guidance.

Deuteronomy 18:
10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you visit a fortune teller /a medium you will find behind the closed door there are many many people in queue, they have their absolute freedom to do so.

However, listen to what God has to say :
Deut 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall DIE.

A medium with many clients

Amulet market in SE Asia, they sell over 1 Billion USD per year all over the world

Fortune teller

Spiritual possession for giving "protection"

Summoning spirits to come

Implantation of gold powder/needle as charmer into the skin which will be invisible

Sword with spirits stand by itself deemed as protectors

Last edited:
Reactions: Adstar

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
In this modern world its surprising to find that many people still secretly rely on Witchcraft and Mediums for their life guidance.

Just my two cents as a Witch.
I don't believe in fortune telling because I don't believe the future is set in stone. On a personal level, I see "seeking guidance" as a psychological tool rather than anything supernatural.

For me, witchcraft is about appreciating the natural world around us.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just my two cents as a Witch.
I don't believe in fortune telling because I don't believe the future is set in stone. On a personal level, I see "seeking guidance" as a psychological tool rather than anything supernatural.
For me, witchcraft is about appreciating the natural world around us.
You say you are a witch? What does that mean? Are you a ventrilloquist? Seeking guidance from what or who and how is that possible if you ignore the Lord?

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You say you are a witch?

Indeed I am.

What does that mean?

That covers a lot of ground, but due to restrictions on what I can say without being dinged for promotion, I'd request you ask specific questions.

Are you a ventrilloquist?

I wish.

Seeking guidance from what or who and how is that possible if you ignore the Lord?

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Indeed I am.
That covers a lot of ground, but due to restrictions on what I can say without being dinged for promotion, I'd request you ask specific questions.
I wish.
I'm not sure I understand the question.
you said,' seeing guidance is a phychological tool and not supernatural'.
I asked you from whom the guidance comes from or if not from a person then what? How can you seek guidance if you do not seek it from God? What authority do you use or your synopsis?

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
you said,' seeing guidance is a phychological tool and not supernatural'.
I asked you from whom the guidance comes from or if not from a person then what? How can you seek guidance if you do not seek it from God? What authority do you use or your synopsis?

In the case of Tarot cards, for example, the guidance doesn't come from an external source or authority. You're making associations and telling a story on the fly based on the images and arrangement of the cards. The idea is that you're tapping your subconscious to explore an alternate point of view when facing a dilemma. As a psychological excersize, it obviously shouldn't be considered a primary factor for decision making.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
@Another Lazarus , are you familiar with the urim and thummim ( Urim and Thummim - Wikipedia )? Probably consulting the urim and thummim meant going to a Jewish priest and drawing from a set of sacred sticks. Depending on the stick you drew, you would know your guidance from God. Nobody knows the exact form, but it was a type of divination sanctioned by Judaism.

Something to consider FWIW

• Informative
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Isn't the abomination the belief that witchcraft exists? You seem to believe that it exists...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In the case of Tarot cards, for example, the guidance doesn't come from an external source or authority. You're making associations and telling a story on the fly based on the images and arrangement of the cards. The idea is that you're tapping your subconscious to explore an alternate point of view when facing a dilemma. As a psychological excersize, it obviously shouldn't be considered a primary factor for decision making.
Whose idea you mean yours and what authority does your subconscious rely upon ?

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Whose idea you mean yours and what authority does your subconscious rely upon ?

The subconscious does not rely on any external authority and the results of a reading should never be considered authoritative.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Personally, I don't associate mediums with Witches. They are of two different spiritual trajectories.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
@Another Lazarus , are you familiar with the urim and thummim ( Urim and Thummim - Wikipedia )? Probably consulting the urim and thummim meant going to a Jewish priest and drawing from a set of sacred sticks. Depending on the stick you drew, you would know your guidance from God. Nobody knows the exact form, but it was a type of divination sanctioned by Judaism.

Something to consider FWIW

In making a choice,

Proverbs 16:33.

Acts 23-26,

The lott fell on Matthias,
I have heard some say it is not a good way,
Why?
One may ask,

they reply, because he is not mentioned anymore.

FWIW :)

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I’m wondering what being a ventriloquist has to do with being a witch.

I did, too. Here's what Wiki says:
"Originally, ventriloquism was a religious practice.[1] The name comes from the Latin for to speak from the stomach, i.e. venter (belly) and loqui (speak).[2] The Greeks called this gastromancy (Greek: εγγαστριμυθία). The noises produced by the stomach were thought to be the voices of the unliving, who took up residence in the stomach of the ventriloquist. The ventriloquist would then interpret the sounds, as they were thought to be able to speak to the dead, as well as foretell the future. One of the earliest recorded group of prophets to utilise this technique was the Pythia, the priestess at the temple of Apollo in Delphi, who acted as the conduit for the Delphic Oracle."

People were stupid.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Septugint translates the word as a ventrilloquist instead of neocromancer because they would through their voices to make it sound as if it came from the ground or a tomb.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

The slave girl in Acts 16:16-19,

I thought before was one but now I read it again and see she was a fortune teller,

But if taken as is written, it was not her talking, it was a demon.

So, there are words that lose their true meaning and give way for other interpretations.

In any case man is not to seek the future,

• Informative
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I did, too. Here's what Wiki says:
"Originally, ventriloquism was a religious practice.[1] The name comes from the Latin for to speak from the stomach, i.e. venter (belly) and loqui (speak).[2] The Greeks called this gastromancy (Greek: εγγαστριμυθία). The noises produced by the stomach were thought to be the voices of the unliving, who took up residence in the stomach of the ventriloquist. The ventriloquist would then interpret the sounds, as they were thought to be able to speak to the dead, as well as foretell the future. One of the earliest recorded group of prophets to utilise this technique was the Pythia, the priestess at the temple of Apollo in Delphi, who acted as the conduit for the Delphic Oracle."

People were stupid.
Next time my stomach growls I will pay more attention ;)

Upvote 0