• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Wishing that God would take me...now!

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Okay, life sucks 100%.

Been a seriously bad 2018.

Always asking God to take me but He doesnt! Had a bad 2018. Plus many years before. Life sucks 1000000%. In a bad place mentally and physically. Lonely too.

Dont want to go to church. Dont feel like praying. Just want God to take me as too much pain here. I try to offer up my sufferings to God. I do.

I hate my life, i hate my health, i hate my bedsit, i hate my job, i hate where i live, i hate being lonely, i hate the hate on here and in Christianity!

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay, life sucks 100%.

Always asking God to take me but He doesnt! Had a bad 2018. Plus many years before. Life sucks 1000000%. In a bad place mentally and physically. Lonely too.

Dont want to go to church. Dont feel like praying. Just want God to take me as too much pain here. I try to offer up my sufferings to God. I do.

I hate my life, i hate my health, i hate my bedsit, i hate my job, i hate where i live, i hate being lonely, i hate the hate on here and in Christianity!

Yes, life can feel like we're walking on nails at times, can't it? My condolences, Lost4words. Hang in there, buddy!

Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hang in there, for your life is all you have. God has much yet to teach you, and better things are coming. I must believe that. Know that most of us have been in bad places in our lives...

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Oh no, dear friend. Your time isn't clearly up yet. I've often seen you praying for people and giving them precious comfort. You're needed.

I, too, hate the hate in here and everywhere where we are supposed to be like Christ, and treat other people as if they were Him.

I know it's not the same, but you can always PM me to talk about stuff. I like having more people to talk to around here.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Okay, life sucks 100%.

Is it the neighbourhood where you live that is getting you down?

I do not hate you,
You know we all have a voice and we all have the right to be heard.
So try and stick it out.

with best wishes.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just had a guts full guys. Been a really bad 12 months
I hear you, man. Everyone, everyone goes through something like this. Anymore, I just try to stay away from debates on CF. Too much bitterness. Someday, all will be One. You know that, I know that. Hang in there, friend.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm so sorry you're going through so much and 2018 was so hard for you. I hate when life gets so miserable you don't even want to exist in it - my prayers for you ((hugs))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Thanks people. Appreciate your love. Sorry to moan. Just life at the bottom of the pit at the mo. Been a horrendous 12 months. Too much to share on here. Truly think that God is letting me suffer for my really bad sins. Let God's will be done. I offer up my suffering for others. I truly do, as i do love God so much.

Every time i fail, i always get up and run to God.

Maybe He has had enough of my failures. So so many! Sorry God. I am very weak. I love you God, more than the air i breath, i do. Even though i fall continuously i still turn to you. My love for you will NEVER die.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks people. Appreciate your love. Sorry to moan. Just life at the bottom of the pit at the mo. Been a horrendous 12 months. Too much to share on here. Truly think that God is letting me suffer for my really bad sins. Let God's will be done. I offer up my suffering for others. I truly do, as i do love God so much.

Maybe He has had enough of my failures. So so many! Sorry God. I am very weak. I love you God, more than the air i breath, i do. Even though i fall continuously i still turn to you. My love for you will NEVER die.

He knows you are weak, my friend. We are all weak, tiny, and small. Suffering may not always be a punishment. It may be a speedway to holiness, graces, and our intercession for souls. That is something that has greatly helped me in difficult times, is a Catholic understanding of the purpose of suffering in our lives as Christians. God bless you, friend. When we endure difficulties and follow Christ in spite of suffering, we help Him to save the world, and bring more souls to Him. In Heaven, we will see all the good we have brought about, by simply holding onto Christ and moving forward.

Jesus_The_Good_Shepherd.jpg

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Maybe He has had enough of my failures.

He can and will turn our failures into something good. And not only for us, but often for someone else at the same time. In our weakness His strength is made perfect. He knows how weak we are, He doesn't look at us as failures, but as children who need guidance, whose spirits need to grow. He didn't give His Son in contempt for us, but as an act of divine love. In Jesus we have the greatest friend, we can always go to Him, and He will gladly help us.

You're doing the right thing - you said you continuously run to Him. And we should. I fail all the time as well, but what can I do? Should I keep staring at my failures and let them bring me down? No, I don't have to, I can look at Christ instead, no matter how "unholy" I feel. And if I'm broken and grieving, which I often am, then "a broken and contrite heart, o God, you will not despise". When we take that first running step to Him, He's already there, taking back the prodigal son and bringing back the lost sheep!

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Standing in prayer for you dear brother. You have a great zeal and you show your great love by praying for and helping others. That is the Spirit shining through you and remember to count it all joy when we are persecuted. I know that is easier said than done but it is biblical :]
If you need anything or just wanna chat holler at me anytime bro.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sea5763

May 9, 2018
California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

What you said about failing again and again but getting back up reminds me of Proverbs 24:16. Don’t give up! I pray to die too often. I have a good life now but I feel like I’m mentally tormented by myself so much I’m just sick of living. I think the prophet Elijah prayed to die too so you’re not alone. I feel comfort in knowing that this life will eventually end one way or another and with every passing day I come just a little bit closer. Maybe if it’s possible you can help others to give yourself a sense of purpose although it sounds like you already do that even in this forum so God bless you for that.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You are already so strong fellow battler, depression forces us to be so strong, for we must survive.

i'm sorry to hear that the whole of 2018 has been hard for you. That is a long time to be down the dumps. In the end you don't know what it is like to feel okay again. i know i have been there. Please remember that it is not because of sin that you must suffer so deeply, illness would be more like it. However one mistake we can make is thinking lies about God's loving truth and then suffering does get really bad.

Once i languished for 7 years on the bottom, the worst time of my life. In the end i let go off God thinking He didn't love me and i wasn't one of the elect. A big mistake to make thinking like that. i robbed God of His chance to help me out by looking at myself and my sins and shortcomings and not at Him - paying for all that - and keeping me going despite the pain.

In the end i learned. i learned to understand that God suffers along with us but that He has a incredible ability to make good come out of suffering. (Just look at the cross) So, like you do now as well, i turned to God in my distress and asked Him for ability and long suffering and endurance and will power and self control and all those other good gifts from above to build me stronger than my illness could bring to bear. i asked for these abilities and trained myself in them daily once i received them.

Sure it took Jesus ages to rebuild me, and the process is ongoing, but after less than 4 years i dared proclaim His Victory over my life of depression. i have learned to love Him so much. He is such a good God. And He is so strong! Billions of people trample all over Him daily and yet He sits enthroned handing out His loving mercies - such ability we are also after, so we may rule beside Him a life of love and peace.

Think about it, you are fighting the darkness because you are a beam of light, well worth battling for.

Praying you will be able to sow lots of God's good life into your hurting life in 2019 and beyond. The good thing with God's goodness is that He is always with us also when we are rock bottom. That is best to have Him down with us in our pits, so He can teach us to make something good come out of it all.
Peace.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0