Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
I wonder if they'll be lobbying to put that sticker on the textbooks anytime soon?

Once they come up with an objective creationist criterion to judge which of those are apes and which of those are humans, and how come they all look so dratted transitional. ;)

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
"harmful if swallowed" Quite funny really, but can anyone spot the wishful thinking?
I don't think that anyone actually swallows the theory of evolution.
Although they may not want to admit that the theory is not true.
I am sure that deep inside they know it is not true.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Once they come up with an objective creationist criterion to judge which of those are apes and which of those are humans, and how come they all look so dratted transitional. ;)
Why would that be a problem? Apes do not use fire, Apes do not cook their food. Apes do not make clothing for themselves. Humans are the only ones that do that.

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
can anyone spot the wishful thinking?
shernren is on the right track.

Look at the skull sizes... :sigh:
oh20020802_130.jpg

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
big-----
jump-----
Ape-- Ape-- -Ape --in--Homo----Homo------Homo
cranial---
capacity---

What I find really interesting is the difference between what AiG think the fossil record should look like and the way it actually is. Their clever little cartoon actually shows how YEC doesn't fit the evidence.

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
big-----
jump-----
Ape-- Ape-- -Ape --in--Homo----Homo------Homo
cranial---
capacity---

What I find really interesting is the difference between what AiG think the fossil record should look like and the way it actually is. Their clever little cartoon actually shows how YEC doesn't fit the evidence.

That just flew right over my head. I know exposition always kills a joke, but it would probably help me with this one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mallon

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
✟22,892.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Regardless of the jump in cranial capacity, their series of skulls still strikes me as being strongly transitional. Amazing that they can illustrate the series themselves and still not see its transitional nature.
If only they had the mind to separate social darwinism (which IS a danger) from biological evolution, they might not be so afraid to swallow reality.

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That just flew right over my head. I know exposition always kills a joke, but it would probably help me with this one.
It's the old YEC argument that there are no 'missing links' by defining hominids as either fully human or 'just another ape'. The problem using hominid skulls to illustrate their poison signs is that the series would look just too, well, transitional. So they have a 'just another ape' series of small skulls, with a big jump to the 'really quite human' series of much larger skulls.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jereth

Apr 13, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
✟8,426.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's the old YEC argument that there are no 'missing links' by defining hominids as either fully human or 'just another ape'. The problem using hominid skulls to illustrate their poison signs is that the series would look just too, well, transitional. So they have a 'just another ape' series of small skulls, with a big jump to the 'really quite human' series of much larger skulls.

Yeah, but don't forget that humans with nutritional deficiencies will have ape-like skeletons (classic AiG teaching).

Which I'll believe, by the way, when AiG produces a skeleton of a nutritionally deprived human which looks exactly like a neanderthal or homo erectus.

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah, but don't forget that humans with nutritional deficiencies will have ape-like skeletons (classic AiG teaching).

Which I'll believe, by the way, when AiG produces a skeleton of a nutritionally deprived human which looks exactly like a neanderthal or homo erectus.

Or that of a 1.6m tall child with a 880cc cranial capacity. (refer "Turkana boy is a modern human child who happened to eat veggies and not meat.")

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is interesting the way YEC works. The first Neanderthal skeleton is found and some scientist proposes it is a normal human suffering from rickets. That gets thoroughly debunked because when plenty of other Neanderthal skeletons are found that look just the same, and rickets, or arthritis, or congenital syphilis don't actually produce Neanderthal features in human bones.

But it was mentioned once, by a scientist at that, so, thoroughly debunked or not, the explanation is still doing the rounds among YECs.

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
smidlee said:
The whole idea you can slap a butch of skulls together to fit someone bias view is nothing but wishful thinking ; creation or evolution. In reality the evidence doesn't slack no where as neatly as the evolution-thumbers wish list. Thus called "bones of contention".
I like the way you presented your argument in a logical manner with evidence surporting the salient points.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.