• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured Wish I Could Go South For The Winter

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by Union With Christ, Nov 19, 2020 at 11:42 AM.

1. Union With Christ

Union With Christ Active Member

+62
    United States
    Unorthodox
    Single
    I typically walk all winter but it’s not pleasant.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. mama2one

mama2one Well-Known Member

+7,701
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    redundant

3. Agallagher

Agallagher Undereducated.

+349
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Alabama is nice down here though :p

4. Redwingfan9

Redwingfan9 Well-Known Member

+1,207
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
  5. Neostarwcc

Neostarwcc We are saved purely by the work and grace of God. Supporter

+2,750
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    Honestly? If I lived to be 60 years old I'd be REALLY happy, 71 would just be icing on the cake. If I continue getting lucky with all of the bullets I'm missing 60 might become a reality... I'd really like that.

But, apparently people who live in New York have the highest life expectancy in the nation. So maybe I'll get even luckier than I thought. Nobody knows the future I could die tomorrow.

The importance is to live a life worthy of your calling in Christ, not the longevity of your life.

6. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,524
    Non-Denom
    Married
    "The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if, by reason of strength, they be fourscore years, yet their pride is labour and vanity, for it is soon cut off, and we fly away." Psa 90:10

7. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,610
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Loma Linda, Ca is one of five blue zones written about by Dan Buettner in his book, “The Blue Zones Solutions.” More people in Loma Linda live to be 100 than elsewhere. The area has a high concentration of Seventh Day Adventists who encourage a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle. They live an ten years longer than people in other US towns or cities. Seventh Day Adventists do not smoke or drink alcohol.
    With Longer Average Life Spans, Here’s What Loma Linda Residents Teach us About Longevity | KTLA

8. Union With Christ

+62
    United States
    Unorthodox
    Single
    I’ve been there and don’t like it. It’s backwoods red neck there.

9. Tropical Wilds

Tropical Wilds Lord, beer me strength...

+1,613
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    So if that’s your goal, work to make it possible. Save, scrimp, take on extra jobs, and start researching what you have to do to make it real. Until then, consult with doctors to help you get through this time of year.

10. Union With Christ

+62
    United States
    Unorthodox
    Single
    That doesn’t help me with this winter. I may be nearing the end of my life as I think my health is not good. Going south for the winter this winter may help me live longer. But I would have to live out of my car again and I’m not really interested in doing that.

11. Quasiblogo

Quasiblogo Regular Member Supporter

+770
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I don't like it above 60*F and I'm in the Carolinas. Being from Wyoming explains that. Some minuses to living in the Southern U.S. are bugs, constant mowing, humidity. Hiking outdoors in the summer is a bummer--unless on the beaches, of course. If you do go South, just remember that college football is bigger than pro football by a longshot.

12. chilehed

chilehed Veteran

+1,022
    Catholic
    Married
    The supposed link between cured meats and cancer was debunked decades ago, and this stuff about red meat is absurd. It comes down to a simple rule: you can eat just about anything, provided that your diet is balanced and moderate.

13. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,610
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    The World Health Organization classified processed meats as a Group 1 carcinogen:
    Cancer: Carcinogenicity of the consumption of red meat and processed meat

14. chilehed

chilehed Veteran

+1,022
    Catholic
    Married
    "Limited evidence means that a positive association has been observed between exposure to the agent and cancer but that other explanations for the observations (technically termed chance, bias, or confounding) could not be ruled out."

Like I said, it's a bunch of nonsense. "We can't demonstrate that it's really a cause but that's not the headline we want, so..."