• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Wisdom teeth finally out

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Dr.s say I can go to bed afrer an hour. Right now i feel pretty rtired. I don't remember when i fall Asleep, but grandm said they tookme out in a wheelchair, and I was driven home. I'm so sleepy.and they didn't even let me keep my teeth :'(

Grandma said i didnt do anything annoying or embarrassing, so thays good. I don't remember the car ride too much and nothing hurts that musch. When i got ou the car though, i was stumbling a little bit. But I made it safely home. I want to sleep now. Talk later!

• Friendly
Reactions: Not David

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟748,345.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Glad to hear your wisdom teeth have finally been sorted! :)

I was fortunate in that my wisdom teeth came through OK without any intervention. I couldn't believe it - my mouth opened wide in astonishment! :grimacing:

Reactions: HoneyBee
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Dr.s say I can go to bed afrer an hour. Right now i feel pretty rtired. I don't remember when i fall Asleep, but grandm said they tookme out in a wheelchair, and I was driven home. I'm so sleepy.and they didn't even let me keep my teeth :'(

Grandma said i didnt do anything annoying or embarrassing, so thays good. I don't remember the car ride too much and nothing hurts that musch. When i got ou the car though, i was stumbling a little bit. But I made it safely home. I want to sleep now. Talk later!
At least it is finished now

Reactions: HoneyBee
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟287,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Haha - I had a vision talking with God when I was having mine out - He told me life is a lesson in contrast, so don't worry about it, it's all OK.

Then He told me the funniest joke in the world. I came to screaming laughing with the dentists all going "calm down Mr. Gordon! calm down!" Which, only made it funnier.

Eventually I stopped laughing because there was no way to explain it and it would just be rude to continue.

On my chart at the dentist's office, they wrote in big bold marker afterwards:

"No N2O!"

(no laughing gas for me, ever again)

Upvote 0

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Psst. Wanna know something funny? I just barely (by the slight of a hair barely) remember making the original post, lol.

Turns out I had nothing to be afraid of after all. As far as I can tell, the dentists made no errors on my mouth during the surgery, the only thing they supplied to my nose was oxygen, and the drugs to put me to sleep were put in intravenously (through an IV). I just remember them talking for a little bit afterwards, and then I was out. I don't even remember falling asleep. The next memory that I have is of being in my grandma's car with an empty coffee jar in my lap (in case I got sick) and yeah... the rest from there is vague in memory, but I'll spare you all the details, except to say that I also made a post on Facebook that I hardly remember making too! :)

So yeah, quite the nice day I've had so far! And I'm still feeling no pain whatsoever, so that's good. :)

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Haha - I had a vision talking with God when I was having mine out - He told me life is a lesson in contrast, so don't worry about it, it's all OK.

Then He told me the funniest joke in the world. I came to screaming laughing with the dentists all going "calm down Mr. Gordon! calm down!" Which, only made it funnier.

Eventually I stopped laughing because there was no way to explain it and it would just be rude to continue.

On my chart at the dentist's office, they wrote in big bold marker afterwards:

"No N2O!"

(no laughing gas for me, ever again)
I wanted to respond to this. I just wanted to say that this is a great wisdom tooth story and I'm glad that you got a good laugh out of whatever joke you were told, lol! Also, those dentists (although I understand why they would write that) are a bunch of party poopers. I bet they would have laughed too if they had heard the joke. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0