• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Wisdom Of This Age vs. Wisdom From Above

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Minister Monardo, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Minister Monardo

Minister Monardo Truth In The Nebulous

+1,469
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Romans 14:1. And he who is weak in the faith welcome, yet not to
    discernment by reasoning.

The Fallacy of Reasoning

Luke 5:22. And Jesus having known their reasonings, answering, said
    unto them, Why reason in your hearts?

Luke 9:46. Then there arose a reasoning among them, which of them should be greatest.

Never used in a good context.
    G1261 - dialogismos - Strong's Greek Lexicon (KJV)

The Holy Spirit gives discernment as Wisdom from Above.
    The carnal mind attempts justification by reasoning.
    The Mind of Christ provides justification by faith.

Luke 2:35. (and also thine own soul shall a sword pierce); that the
    reasonings of many hearts may be revealed.

Hebrews 4:12. For the reckoning of God is living, and working, and sharp above
    every two-edged sword, and piercing unto the dividing asunder both of soul
    and spirit, of joints also and marrow, and a discerner of thoughts and intents
    of the heart.

Hebrews 5:14. And of perfect men is the strong food, who because of the use are
    having the senses exercised, unto the discernment both of good and of evil.

1 Corinthians 12:
    The manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man for the benefit of all.
    8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of
    knowledge by the same Spirit;
    9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
    10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning
    of spirits
    ; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
    11 But all these work by that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man
    severally as he will.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Jesus is YHWH

Jesus is YHWH my Lord and my God ! Supporter

+1,045
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Just a quick thought, question, observation.

Scripture speaks of discernment, the gift of discernment and the discernment of the spirits. These are not all the same but many think they are all bundled into the same thing and available to all. Thoughts ?

And if this is off topic I understand brother.

3. Minister Monardo

+1,469
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Can't be off topic if I quoted 3 scriptures that speak of this in the OP, LOL. They are only
    'bundled' at the Source. All are related by the simple fact that they are the working of the
    mind of Christ in the members of the body, and not a function of the 'carnal mind' or reasoning.
    I try to be brief and not distract from the scriptures themselves, but this was my summation.
    Ultimately, we are constantly needing to justify our beliefs and actions. Attempting this by
    human reasoning, worldly wisdom, etc...is a stumbling block for the individual, especially
    those weak in Faith, as per Romans 14:1. A discussion forum should be a place to develop
    our reliance on the Holy Spirit, to present what we receive from Him. Whenever I originate a
    thread, I can certify that it came from that morning's devotional time. I try to let the Spirit speak
    to the individual spirit by primarily posting the scriptures that came up in my fellowship with the Spirit.
    I have been criticized for just posting scriptures without my opinion, but I am hoping to see what
    these scriptures speak to each person. Unfortunately, I know for a fact that very many post responses
    solely on the title bar, without carefully considering the Word of God found in post#1. Is that a slight
    to me? I do not take it to be so. I also under those circumstances do not receive the response as from the Spirit.

4. Minister Monardo

+1,469
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Why would they not be available to any and all as the need arises? I think what you mean is that
    some people promote themselves as "having this or that gift". That is not scriptural. If you and I and
    a few other brothers are meeting and praying for a word of knowledge, we don't have to go out and
    find someone with that gift. The Spirit will use someone, often the person you may think least likely,
    to provide that word. The gifts are manifestations of the Spirit, not anyone's personal possession.

5. Jesus is YHWH

Jesus is YHWH my Lord and my God ! Supporter

+1,045
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    @Minister Monardo I learned something new about you with your daily devotions and your posts which is a great idea, thanks for sharing that with us.

Take a look at this short read and let me know what you think. Thanks !

What Is Discernment?

6. Minister Monardo

+1,469
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    "Most of us doubtless want to distance ourselves from what might be regarded as “the lunatic fringe”
    of contemporary Christianity."

I am more concerned with what has become commonly accepted "mainstream Christianity". LOL
    False teachings from the fringe should be easy to discern. Sometimes I feel that I am a "fringe
    Christian", as I am often at odds with the mainstream.

"True discernment means not only distinguishing the right from the wrong..."
    Here is how I sum it up:
    Worldly wisdom=tree of knowledge of good/evil
    Wisdom From Above=from the Tree of Life=discern God/Not God.
    As Not God is often very good,
    and
    alluring to those with itchy ears.

"Jesus’ discernment penetrated to the deepest reaches of the heart. But the Christian is called to develop similar discernment. For the only worthwhile discernment we possess is that which we receive in union with Christ, by the Spirit, through God’s Word."
    Life in that! Straight from the Gospel of John 5, 10, 15, 20. Sorry, I lapsed into dominoes.
    Solid teaching, summarized by Paul:

1 Corinthians 2:16. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him?
    But we have the mind of Christ.

Which functions as we share in the fellowship of what we receive by the Spirit. How on topic is that?

7. Minister Monardo

+1,469
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    1 Corinthians 2:
    However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age,
    nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
    7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before
    the ages for our glory,
    8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified
    the Lord of glory.

James 3:
    Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are
    done
    in the meekness of wisdom.
    14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth.
    15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic.
    16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.
    17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield,
    full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

8. Marc Perry

Marc Perry Active Member

+135
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Why are you posting this on this forum? Everyone here will agree with you ... so what's the point?

9. Agallagher

Agallagher Slow learner.

+793
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    to ultimately get the word out in my estimation He does a great job at it. I remember the days long ago starting amour out as a young Christian and literally writing the gospels, I never finished that work but I was feverant at least for a little while then I kind of dwindled out the more truth I realized by the spirit.

I just like the topic thread minister got here, wisdom of this age vs wisdom of above though I didn’t read much of what was the first few post had said though the wisdom from above is most certainly the spirit of Lord which teaches us all things.

I’m getting tired Marc, y’all have blessed day.