• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Wisconsin Assembly bans mention of CRT in school, along with about 100 other things

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by essentialsaltes, Oct 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath Supporter

+4,832
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    And where is it used?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,060
    Non-Denom
    Single
    See, that's where the defenders of it start their arguments. When examples start being pointed out, the defenders of CRT start denying that it even exists, and that the problem is with anyone who points it out.
    Been down that road before.

3. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath Supporter

+4,832
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Have yourself a very pleasant evening.

4. pacomascarot

pacomascarot Active Member

+144
    United States
    Seeker
    Married
    OOoooohhh! Here I thought we were talking about Cathode Ray Tubes. I was all on board with denying students the right to learn about how hard it was for us in the past to move our computer around.

5. pacomascarot

+144
    United States
    Seeker
    Married
    When I go to learn something the SAFEST ROUTE is to ignore 50% of the debate. I find I win 100% of the debates in which I simply operate from the position that the OTHER side is not even worth listening to let alone trying to understand their point of view.

100%

6. pacomascarot

+144
    United States
    Seeker
    Married
    I've heard that using the dark power of CRT one can banish demons of historic racism! Best to leave it alone.

7. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,002
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    I haven't laughed outloud for a while from anything on Christian forums but I'm still giggling away 20 seconds later.

We would want you to get information from people who have a good depth of understanding of the topic, the nuances of it, and perhaps who would be able to answer your questions and concerns based on the topic.

Why would you think you have a GOOD understanding of a topic by listening ONLY to the people who vehemently disagree with it?

I mean, it is a behaviour pattern with conservatives:

Climate Change: Fox News, Watts up with that? the other 2 climate scientists who have some minor skepticism around it and a dozen or so journalists.

CRT: Fox News, The Republic, Ben Shapiro

Seriously, if you only listen to people complaining about an idea why do you think you (or they) understand it?

8. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,002
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    It doesn't even have to be 50% pacomascarot.....

It could be as little as 2%. BUT, if I agree with it, it's worth listening to.

9. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,060
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Then I guess I better read Mein Kampf before saying anything against Nazis.

10. pacomascarot

+144
    United States
    Seeker
    Married
    It is never a bad idea to read what "nourishes" someone's side. Obviously in the case of Naziism and your trenchant parallel with CRT we know the horrors that both of these ideologies have wrought on the planet, but that doesn't mean reading what they think about themselves is a bad idea.

We must ensure that something like CRT never happens again!

11. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,002
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    You'll note I said "IDEA". And I said IDEA very purposefully.

But yeah, nothing wrong with reading nazi literature to try to understand their view better.

Of course CRT and Nazism are not exactly a good comparison to a reasonable person.

12. Ana the Ist

Ana the Ist Aggressively serene!

+8,220
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    We need a forum rule that if you make the Cathode Ray Tube joke....you're banned for life.

I didn't think it was funny the first time, but it's comedy and the only way to learn is to try things out.

8 cathode ray tube jokes later and it's starting to feel like all these posters work together in the mail room of their office building.

13. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,002
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    They should be making jokes about Culturally Responsive Teaching, or Criterion Referenced Tests or Charitable Remainder Trusts

14. Ana the Ist

+8,220
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    That should be easy....CRT proponents don't debate. If they did, they wouldn't need to indoctrinate children.

Debate basically killed critical legal theory...and the people pushing CRT don't seem to be in a hurry to copy them.

CRT proponents speak about their worldview as if it were fact.

15. pacomascarot

+144
    United States
    Seeker
    Married
    Not unlike the manufactured outrage over Critical Race Theory that the Right wing flogs like a rotting horse corpse.

16. pacomascarot

+144
    United States
    Seeker
    Married
    This is really helpful to know. Now I know that among the folks like you teaching children of how our nation made mistakes is "indoctrination".

I take it you don't ever think back to errors you made in your life to help you become a better person.

Well, it would be a great idea if folks like you would actually learn what people are talking about with regards to CRT before you have life-threatening fits.

Ummm, well, America DID enslave people for hundreds of years and when they stopped enslaving them directly they developed Jim Crow.

But I'm sure in your world those things didn't exist.

17. Ana the Ist

+8,220
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    If it's fake....why not just let conservatives ban it? It won't really affect anything.

18. pacomascarot

+144
    United States
    Seeker
    Married
    Because you Conservatives are constantly belaboring things that really aren't a problem so you can score "Culture War" points. It gets boring.

Just like you are bored with CRT "jokes", many other people are bored with hearing your "views" on things.

19. Ana the Ist

+8,220
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    That's not CRT.

Nope. I was born perfect and never made any errors.

I have.

CRT isn't a history lesson.

20. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,002
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    He's say the outrage is fake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.