Wisconsin Assembly bans mention of CRT in school, along with about 100 other things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who is keeping parents from raising their children?

The State... When they get in the way...

It's what's often referred to as being overaggressive, when the state exaggerates it's role in education.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No. Not in a "perfect world". In a school with appropriately trained teachers.

And that is ALL I've seen in schools where I spend my time.

Is that why there are so many abortions now? Or is that taught as part sex ed classes as well?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, that's what you're attempting. You're saying it's not about the actual words but it is. In the letter quoted in the OP there is a list of over 50 specific "terms" (words and phrases) that are deemed unacceptable. You are claiming it's not about the words themselves when in fact that's exactly what it's about. You say to reread the OP as though it backs up your assertion but rereading the OP proves your assertion wrong.

The OP provides the link
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/mi...nd_materials/2021/ab411/ab0411_2021_08_11.pdf
...which specifically lists the banned terms.

Either you didn't read the OP or you're trying to smokescreen by gaslighting by denying what is plainly obvious directly referenced and quoted in the OP.

This is how they are described in the document:

"Additional terms and concepts below that either wholly violate the above clauses, or which may if taught through the framework of any ofthe prohibited activities defined above, partially violate the above clauses in what is otherwise broadly defined as “critical race theory”:"

So much for being "just words".

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So much for being "just words".
It's not about banning a practice, like slavery - it's about banning words and subjects, which I have already said.

You said "it's not about words, it's about subjects. Read the OP again."

Yet it's about words (as well as subjects but still about words). Read the OP.

Do you support this censorship and banning of words and phrases or are you for freedom of speech?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's not about banning a practice, like slavery - it's about banning words and subjects, which I have already said.

You said "it's not about words, it's about subjects. Read the OP again."

Yet it's about words (as well as subjects but still about words). Read the OP.

Yes, as well as subjects, which is what I said. Now, are you willing to agree that certain subjects are not appropriate to be taught to children in a school setting?

Do you support this censorship and banning of words and phrases or are you for freedom of speech?

Indoctrination of our kids in government schools is not free speech.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
What does "K" in K-12 mean? It means Kindergarten, which is 5 year olds.
Would you like me to cobble up a Venn diagram that illustrates my point?
But first why don’t you pony up a link showing that the “masturbation-talk” was actually given to any child in K-10.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's only 'indoctrination' when they teach stuff you don't like, such as the historical fact that America hasn't always been (and still isn't) a paradise for minorities.

Who would like being told that they are either a victim or oppressor depending on what their skin color is?

Although promoted as “anti-racist” civil rights education, CRT actively encourages discrimination. At its core, CRT segregates people into two main categories: oppressors or victims. The calculation is based solely on skin color. The tenets of CRT stretch far beyond the humanities. In some classrooms in Oregon and California, students operate under the understanding that “finding the right answer” in mathematics is racist. “Right” and “wrong” answers are deemed a product of white supremacy. The woke gymnastics required to reach such a conclusion would be amusing if this destructive ideology didn’t pose such a danger to education in America.
Why Is Critical Race Theory Dangerous For Our Kids?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Is that why there are so many abortions now? Or is that taught as part sex ed classes as well?
Any chance you could stay on a topic?

Also abortion rates have been steadily falling for a while. Maybe learn stuff before yelling at clouds.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Peak woke can't come soon enough.

(Warning: A couple occasions of language)

An open letter: why I'm leaving the cult of wokeness by Africa Brooke

*You know, as someone that comes from Zimbabwe, a country where the general population is truly oppressed, it perplexes me that oppression is now being worn as an identity piece in most parts of the West, especially by those who claim to be 'progressive'

I'm so happy that these are conversations that are now happening with many black people in my life, including my family who spend very little time online, are willing to have healthy debates, and couldn't give a crap about identity politics. These are the people who have really helped me free myself from the dogmatic thinking.

It's necessary for me to mention that I'm having these conversations with black people because some individuals think that it's only white people who are pushing back against wokeism, and it's far from the truth.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, it is a good thing that those who so decried the censorship of big tech are A-OK with censorship in government.

There's always censorship in government...always has been.

I'll admit it's unfortunate it's reached this point in the classroom, but if people weren't trying to politically indoctrinate children, this stuff could be avoided.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Which of those six words would you use when discussing the genocide perpetrated on the native american population, the systematic oppression of the african americans during jim crow or slavery or the imprisonment of us citizens with japanese descent in concentration, sorry, "internment" camps during world war 2?

Aren't you from Germany?

Remember when your country politically indoctrinated children in school by teaching them "how awful and immoral the evil Jewish race" is?

Was that a good thing or bad thing in your opinion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"We're watching you, scum."

:)

(Love the new avatar)

Lol

Lol I was sure no one would get it. It's a meme parody of a semi famous album cover.

You have to be an obscure video game and music nerd to get it. Congratulations.

Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,155,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lol

Lol I was sure no one would get it. It's a meme parody of a semi famous album cover.

What is the album? I don't get the references, but still find it funny. Although the album parody looks familiar.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Lol

"I have a feeling that you and I are about to become VERY close."

• Haha
Reactions: Ana the Ist
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.