Wisconsin Assembly bans mention of CRT in school, along with about 100 other things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I ticked all the ones that you certainly did. Study hard, find a better way and pull over. They're all to your advantage. Now it's your turn. Do you pick black or white as being an overall advantage?

I voted "neither" because I don't consider skin color to be an advantage or disadvantage. It's just a color, just like having blonde/brown/black hair, or brown/blue eyes.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,320.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I voted "neither" because I don't consider skin color to be an advantage or disadvantage. It's just a color, just like having blonde/brown/black hair, or brown/blue eyes.

So it wasn't hard after all.

Now we know that you don't think that there's any difference at all in being black or white when it comes to being at a disadvantage in society. You believe we won't find any differences at all when we look at look at society just on those criteria. And being black is no more a disadvantage than having blue eyes.

Now we know why you're so puzzled about crt.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you don't think skin color is an advantage, you either haven't been living in the US, or you have been doing so with your eyes closed.

"at least this one is the right color" - actual coworker of mine, just before a job applicant entered the office.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,320.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If you don't think skin color is an advantage, you either haven't been living in the US, or you have been doing so with your eyes closed.

"at least this one is the right color" - actual coworker of mine, just before a job applicant entered the office.

And there is absolutely no-one in this forum who would read that and not automatically know that your work colleague is white.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So it wasn't hard after all.

Now we know that you don't think that there's any difference at all in being black or white when it comes to being at a disadvantage in society. You believe we won't find any differences at all when we look at look at society just on those criteria. And being black is no more a disadvantage than having blue eyes.

Now we know why you're so puzzled about crt.

How is being black a disadvantage? Let's take a look a side-by-side example. Parkland School shooter Nicholas Cruz (a white kid) is facing the death penalty after he did a school shooting. He's been locked up ever since the incident took place Feb. 14, 2018.

Compare that to a black kid who brings a gun to school and opens fire after being videoed beating up a 15 year-old (the shooter is 18), and he gets out of jail on bond in just 1 day. Spokespeople for the kid's family even try to justify this school shooting as being self defense: A student arrested in a school shooting is released. His family says he was bullied

Texas School Shooter Celebrates At Home With Family After Being Released On Bail

Perhaps the black kid here isn't so disadvantaged after all.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

See post #307.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How is being black a disadvantage? Let's take a look a side-by-side example. Parkland School shooter Nicholas Cruz (a white kid) is facing the death penalty after he did a school shooting. He's been locked up ever since the incident took place Feb. 14, 2018.

Compare that to a black kid who brings a gun to school and opens fire after being videoed beating up a 15 year-old (the shooter is 18), and he gets out of jail on bond in just 1 day. Spokespeople for the kid's family even try to justify this school shooting as being self defense: A student arrested in a school shooting is released. His family says he was bullied

Texas School Shooter Celebrates At Home With Family After Being Released On Bail

So your counter to @Bradskii has gone from asserting that skin color has no advantage or disadvantage to now trying to show that only being black has no disadvantage but being white does. And you're trying to prove that by showing a "side-by-side" (which really isn't, but I digress) where you are trying to show that being black was an advantage because the black kid was not treated as harshly as a white (well, hispanic) kid (in your opinion).

Wow, all over the place, LOL. It's like you will settle for any answer other than that being white has any advntages at all - you're fine with *no advantages for any skin color* and *advantages for being black but only disadvantage for being white* or anything other than *there are advantages to being white*. That's rich!

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So your counter to @Bradskii has gone from asserting that skin color has no advantage or disadvantage to now trying to show that only being black has no disadvantage but being white does. And you're trying to prove that by showing a "side-by-side" (which really isn't, but I digress) where you are trying to show that being black was an advantage because the black kid was not treated as harshly as a white (well, hispanic) kid (in your opinion).

Wow, all over the place, LOL. It's like you will settle for any answer other than that being white has any advntages at all - you're fine with *no advantages for any skin color* and *advantages for being black but only disadvantage for being white* or anything other than *there are advantages to being white*. That's rich!

As I said in post #301, neither has an advantage or disadvantage. The comparison I showed in #307 is an example of being black not being a disadvantage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
More perspective on 'CRT' banning.

History teacher Valanna White filed into the auditorium the first week of August for the customary back-to-school all-staff meeting at Walker Valley high school in Cleveland, Tennessee. What she heard shifted her outlook for the coming school year. On 1 July, a new law took effect banning the teaching of critical race theory in Tennessee public schools. White listened intently as a school district official gave a vague overview informing the group that critical race theory was prohibited, though without fully explaining what critical race theory entails. Instead, teachers were told a list of actions – such as discussing racial discrimination – that were forbidden.

White left the meeting confused and frustrated. Tennessee’s academic standards for US history require high school teachers to cover topics including Jim Crow laws, Plessy v Ferguson – the 1896 supreme court case upholding the separate-but-equal doctrine – and the civil rights movement.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
More perspective on 'CRT' banning.

History teacher Valanna White filed into the auditorium the first week of August for the customary back-to-school all-staff meeting at Walker Valley high school in Cleveland, Tennessee. What she heard shifted her outlook for the coming school year. On 1 July, a new law took effect banning the teaching of critical race theory in Tennessee public schools. White listened intently as a school district official gave a vague overview informing the group that critical race theory was prohibited, though without fully explaining what critical race theory entails. Instead, teachers were told a list of actions – such as discussing racial discrimination – that were forbidden.

White left the meeting confused and frustrated. Tennessee’s academic standards for US history require high school teachers to cover topics including Jim Crow laws, Plessy v Ferguson – the 1896 supreme court case upholding the separate-but-equal doctrine – and the civil rights movement.
*sigh* this is what I fear when it comes the the anti-CRT-hysteria. Revisionist history or straight up denial.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,320.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I didn't know you could quote an example or two and then extrapolate to a whole society. I guess it makes life a lot simpler doing it that way. Is that what you recommend?

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I didn't know you could quote an example or two and then extrapolate to a whole society. I guess it makes life a lot simpler doing it that way. Is that what you recommend?

Try reading more carefully.
Read the last sentence again: "Perhaps the black kid here isn't so disadvantaged after all."

Notice how, "the black kid" is different from saying "whole society". Also notice how you dismiss an example of black people committing major crimes. This is just one example. I've shown before how blacks who rioted, looted and killed last year were also basically given a pass in the same way. Let out of jail, allowed to go back to rioting, and plenty of excuses were made for it. Would you like me to list them all again so I won't be citing just one example of blacks being advantaged when it comes to violent behavior?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,320.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Try reading more carefully.
Read the last sentence again: "Perhaps the black kid here isn't so disadvantaged after all."

Notice how, "the black kid" is different from saying "whole society". Also notice how you dismiss an example of black people committing major crimes. This is just one example. I've shown before how blacks who rioted, looted and killed last year were also basically given a pass in the same way. Let out of jail, allowed to go back to rioting, and plenty of excuses were made for it. Would you like me to list them all again so I won't be citing just one example of blacks being advantaged when it comes to violent behavior?

So again, you say you can find some examples of where being black is an advantage in some situations. And then extrapolate to a whole society (and I note that all your examples are of black criminals).

I'm asking you if that is what you recommend is the best way to do it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So again, you say you can find some examples of where being black is an advantage in some situations. And then extrapolate to a whole society (and I note that all your examples are of black criminals).

If examples of black advantage are being shown, then black criminals getting favorable treatment is certainly a stark example of it.

I'm asking you if that is what you recommend is the best way to do it.

Irrelevant, since that's not being done.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,320.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Irrelevant, since that's not being done.

The question was how you determine if there is an advantage or a disadvantage in society in being either black or white. And in two separate posts you have used some examples of black criminals being treated leniently by law enforcement.

You've been asked if that is your recommended means of making that determination. If you say that's not what is being done, then I'd like to know what actually should be done.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The question was how you determine if there is an advantage or a disadvantage in society in being either black or white. And in two separate posts you have used some examples of black criminals being treated leniently by law enforcement.

You've been asked if that is your recommended means of making that determination. If you say that's not what is being done, then I'd like to know what actually should be done.

What should be done by people who keep insisting that "systematic racism" exists, is to stop.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,320.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What should be done by people who keep insisting that "systematic racism" exists, is to stop.

That's an answer to a question that wasn't asked. The question that was asked was how you determine if there is any advantage in society in being either black or white. Or indeed no advantage in either.

If you have some ideas on that I'd be keen to know what they are.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's an answer to a question that wasn't asked. The question that was asked was how you determine if there is any advantage in society in being either black or white. Or indeed no advantage in either.

If you have some ideas on that I'd be keen to know what they are.

It was the answer to the question you asked. It just wasn't the one you wanted to hear.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.