✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Whats Windows ??

I keep getting phone calls from folk telling me they are from Windows Technical Services and my Computer is sending them signals of problems.

That is a scam. Windows 10 is a free upgrade from Windows 7 or 8. Myself I am not to fond of Windows 10 the start menu keeps not working

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,430.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
What's Windows ?

I keep asking these folk that phone me - they keep telling me to look for the windows key - and get cross when I have to go and look for it in the cupboard . Pressing the key has no effect - I have to turn it to unlock and open the window - they don't seem to understand how keys work

Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What's Windows ?

I keep asking these folk that phone me - they keep telling me to look for the windows key - and get cross when I have to go and look for it in the cupboard . Pressing the key has no effect - I have to turn it to unlock and open the window - they don't seem to understand how keys work
How long before you tell them? ^_^

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,430.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
well - it's that or I talk to them in French - and when they hear french either the phone goes straight down or I hear the gulp first and then it goes down.

Have a friend who now answers them in Ukrainian :D :D

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, for FREE. :D

Thank you Microsoft.
That's sarcasm, right? :)

Why you would toss out one of the best Windows versions ever (7) to get something trying to pretend it's as good is absolutely baffling; anyone who "upgrades" to Win 10 I fear will get what they're begging for (headaches, frustration, added privacy invasion, etc etc with little if any benefit) but I hope your experience is a good one.

Just remember you get what you pay for. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why ?

Not all posts here have to be dull and Church related - mind you having said, that many folk need their computers for Church work.
Certainly not worth arguing about, but since this is a Catholic forum, it theoretically limits the audience of who might want to contribute to the thread (unless you're a rebel like me ;-).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,430.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Certainly not worth arguing about, but since this is a Catholic forum, it theoretically limits the audience of who might want to contribute to the thread (unless you're a rebel like me ;-).

But your reply was in fellowship - and that's perfectly OK :D

You just aren't permitted to teach anything against the Church's teaching , nor are you permitted to debate here

Upvote 0

sylverpiano

unworthy
Oct 14, 2010
✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
JUst my opinion here, but our non-Catholic friends are only prohibited from debating religious issues. Politics are not covered by the safe haven rule, nor are general social issues unrelated to faith. Microsoft vs. Apple is a great topic where we can all chime in.

I am firmly in the Apple camp.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
That's sarcasm, right? :)

Why you would toss out one of the best Windows versions ever (7) to get something trying to pretend it's as good is absolutely baffling; anyone who "upgrades" to Win 10 I fear will get what they're begging for (headaches, frustration, added privacy invasion, etc etc with little if any benefit) but I hope your experience is a good one.

Just remember you get what you pay for. ;)

So far my experiences with it have been pretty positive. If you work with any sort of SMB network (Microsoft File Share), Windows 10 is 5 times faster in my testing at accessing that network due to running SMB version 3 instead of SMB version 2 so long as the server runs 3. It has actually greatly improved the performance of three of my remote users.

Upvote 0