Wimbledon champion Novak Djokovic: “Before I am an athlete, I am an Orthodox Christian”

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If we had to make a list of top athletes whose generosity is beyond question, then Novak Djokovic's name would certainly be on it.

At 33 years of age, Serbian tennis star Novak Djokovic has won his fifth Wimbledon title, and 16th Grand Slam win, beating Roger Federer in a grueling match, just 3 minutes shy of five hours long. It’s a safe bet that this man, who dominated the world tennis elite for so long, was able to find the energy he needed for this latest feather in his cap thanks to his regular Bible reading.

Before I am an athlete, I am an Orthodox Christian”

The number 1 tennis player in the world is an Orthodox Christian, and he does not hesitate to say it publicly. It is not uncommon to observe Novak Djokovic invoking Christ during a meeting or wearing a cross around his neck to witness to his faith. For him, his religious beliefs come before his 68 titles, including 12 Grand Slam tournaments earned since the beginning of his career.

Continued below.
Wimbledon champion Novak Djokovic: "Before I am an athlete, I am an Orthodox Christian"