Wilma upgraded to MONSTER cat 5 (worst ever)

utdbear

Catalina Wine Mixer....POW!
Jul 6, 2004
Dallas, TX
✟4,578.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
UberLutheran said:
Water temperatures in the central Gulf of Mexico are averaging about 84 degrees right now -- well above the threshhold of 80 degrees needed to maintain a hurricane's strength. Wilma became a category five storm in an area with minimal shear and 88 degree water.

What will reduce Wilma's strength will be strong westerly shear provided by a deepening low pressure cell along a frontal boundary. Wilma will lose tropic characteristics soon after passing through Florida (it will change from a warm-core low to a cold-core low) but may well move along the northeast coast of the United States as a very strong extratropical low.

From the National Hurricane Center 11PM EDT Discussion of Hurricane Wilma -

THE SHIPS MODEL IS FORECASTING A SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN VERTICAL SHEAR ONCE WILMA REACHES THE THE GULF OF MEXICO. THAT COMBINED WITH COOLER SEA SURFACE TEMPERATURES SHOULD CAUSE A GRADUAL WEAKENING. THAT BEING SAID...WILMA IS STILL EXPECTED TO REACH FLORIDA AS A MAJOR HURRICANE.

Perhaps I should have said comparatively cool. Water in Naples is 80.9 degrees, so I imagine 84 isn't out of the picture for the center. Weakening will occur, probably in the mid-2 to mid-3 range when it hits Florida. Right now I have a friend in Naples deciding whether he's going to leave or stay.

CHARLES H said:
the gulf traditionally strenghens hurricans. remember both katrina and rita were cat.1 before entering the gulf.

Weather conditions when Rita and Katrina hit and where Wilma are now are like night and day. Hence why you're seeing the large hook in the forecast. Some of that was in Katrina and Rita, but not like you're seeing in Wilma.

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Marmaladegirl22 said:
??????? Why is every hurricane a signed that Jesus is comming?

[sign]Romans 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.[/sign]

Because the bible says so.

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Marmaladegirl22 said:
Thanks Faith Warrior. I suppose because I'm not religious I don't understand much. I still call myself a christian though for some reason. I see earthquakes more as birth pains then Hurricanes.
:) I'm not "religious" at all either, I just have a "relationship" with God the Father, God the Son and God the Hioly Ghost. The bible is like an owners manual and I always read/study my owner's manuals.

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Faith_Warrior said:
[sign]Romans 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.[/sign]

Because the bible says so.

No it doesn't. There have been many hurricanes in the past as well as other natural disasters. And I can take a vague passage like that and interpret it and tell everyone my opinion is proven by the Bible. Show me how today is any different than the 1000 times in the past when people have cried "Its the end of the world!"

Upvote 0

Niemand3D

Sep 19, 2005
MS Gulf Coast
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't particularly care for the way it was stated, but hurricane or not... it doesn't change the fact that Jesus is coming and we're one day closer. So, I think I'm actually in agreement with ya Maynard.

Eagerness for the return of the Messiah is nothing to be ashamed of, but relating it to disaster seems kind of strange. None the less, the disaster will serve to glorify God (as it has through Katrina).

Maynard Keenan said:
No it doesn't. There have been many hurricanes in the past as well as other natural disasters. And I can take a vague passage like that and interpret it and tell everyone my opinion is proven by the Bible. Show me how today is any different than the 1000 times in the past when people have cried "Its the end of the world!"

Upvote 0

FullyAmbivalent

Dec 14, 2004
Whitehall, Michigan, United States of America
Visit site
✟8,090.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps the United States of America is being punished by God for our warmongering, vainity, lust, greed, violence, intolorence, hatred, and perhaps showing us that we can not get away will killing hundreds of thousands around the world.... even if we do it "in the name of peace".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

revelations12_12

Jedi Sentinal
Feb 15, 2005
Oregon
✟4,432.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
FullyAmbivalent said:
Perhaps the United States of America is being punished by God for our warmongering, vainity, lust, greed, violence, intolorence, hatred, and perhaps showing us that we can not get away will killing hundreds of thousands around the world.... even if we do it "in the name of peace".

:amen:

Upvote 0

revelations12_12

Jedi Sentinal
Feb 15, 2005
Oregon
✟4,432.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Marmaladegirl22 said:
??????? Why is every hurricane a signed that Jesus is comming?

please read this little verse from the book of mattiew.

24:1. Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2. "Do you see all these things?" he asked. "I tell you the truth, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down." 3. As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?" 4. Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5. For many will come in my name, claiming, `I am the Christ, [1] ' and will deceive many. 6. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8. All these are the beginning of birth pains. 9. "Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11. and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

Upvote 0

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
FullyAmbivalent said:

Wow, how ignorant. I sure hope this was sarcasm. Otherwise, tell that to all the other countries recently devastated & apparently ignored by those who just want to point a finger at the U.S.

Besides, if you knew the Lord like most of us Christian followers, you'd realize that God doesn't just use storms & disasters to "punish", folks. Despite the blatantly "wicked" & "evil" areas targeted by these disasters, how much of the world's attention was brought to human trafficking & child prostitution in Thailand after the tsunami?? :pray: Do you know more is now being done about that? After Katrina, how much of the world's attention was brought to the fact that RACE played a part in the delay of help to New Orleans (by all of US?? - Not the government)? Do you know how much discussion ensued & how many people rushed to now go to New Orleans & Mississippi? Do you know how many people have now opened their homes to someone of a different color & their family?? Praise God Almighty!!! :bow:

He has a greater good & wonderful plan for every single one of us. It's hard for us to understand sometimes, but that's because our tiny brains only hold a fraction of the intelligence that He has.

Upvote 0

revelations12_12

Jedi Sentinal
Feb 15, 2005
Oregon
✟4,432.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
SuzQ said:
Wow, how ignorant. I sure hope this was sarcasm. Otherwise, tell that to all the other countries recently devastated & apparently ignored by those who just want to point a finger at the U.S.

Besides, if you knew the Lord like most of us Christian followers, you'd realize that God doesn't just use storms & disasters to "punish", folks. Despite the blatantly "wicked" & "evil" areas targeted by these disasters, how much of the world's attention was brought to human trafficking & child prostitution in Thailand after the tsunami?? :pray: Do you know more is now being done about that? After Katrina, how much of the world's attention was brought to the fact that RACE played a part in the delay of help to New Orleans (by all of US?? - Not the government)? Do you know how much discussion ensued & how many people rushed to now go to New Orleans & Mississippi? Do you know how many people have now opened their homes to someone of a different color & their family?? Praise God Almighty!!! :bow:

He has a greater good & wonderful plan for every single one of us. It's hard for us to understand sometimes, but that's because our tiny brains only hold a fraction of the intelligence that He has.

Besides, if you knew the Lord like most of us Christian followers, you'd realize that God doesn't just use storms & disasters to "punish", folks.

"Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah --from the LORD out of the heavens. Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, including all those living in the cities --and also the vegetation in the land." Genesis 19:24, 25 NIV)

He doesn't?

http://www.bibleplus.org/discoveries/sodomfound.htm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Quantos

Sock ? What Sock
Mar 6, 2005
Earth for now
✟33,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Besides, if you knew the Lord like most of us Christian followers, you'd realize that God doesn't just use storms & disasters to "punish", folks.

revelations12_12 said:

"Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah --from the LORD out of the heavens. Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, including all those living in the cities --and also the vegetation in the land." Genesis 19:24, 25 NIV)

He doesn't?

http://www.bibleplus.org/discoveries/sodomfound.htm

They Didn't say he doesn't the said "God doesn't just use storms & disasters to "punish", folks.

You must of missed the word Just. as in Only, not using for one purpose.

Upvote 0

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
revelations12_12 said:

He doesn't?

Um, I said that's not the only reason. Give me a break. He did save "citizens" of those cities. Do you know what that chapter is about, my friend?? LOT & his unfaithful & disbelieving wife. The wickedness & subsequent destruction of those areas is a small part of the book of Genesis. It's more about how obedient followers of God are rewarded.

:sigh: There are those who miss the point of God's love entirely, apparently. We cannot have it both ways:

1. God never punishes, but we no longer have "free will" & are mindless robots, like most animals on earth.
OR
2. God made us in His image, and therefore gives us "free will" to live as His children in harmony. However, He punishes those who mis-use it, and rewards those who actually recognize His gift. Ding-ding-ding! :wave:
I pray for those who do nothing but pick & choose Bible verses to debate/refute that. How sad.

Upvote 0

revelations12_12

Jedi Sentinal
Feb 15, 2005
Oregon
✟4,432.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
SuzQ said:
Um, I said that's not the only reason. Give me a break. He did save "citizens" of those cities. Do you know what that chapter is about, my friend?? LOT & his unfaithful & disbelieving wife. The wickedness & subsequent destruction of those areas is a small part of the book of Genesis. It's more about how obedient followers of God are rewarded.

:sigh: There are those who miss the point of God's love entirely, apparently. We cannot have it both ways:

1. God never punishes, but we no longer have "free will" & are mindless robots, like most animals on earth.
OR
2. God made us in His image, and therefore gives us "free will" to live as His children in harmony. However, He punishes those who mis-use it, and rewards those who actually recognize His gift. Ding-ding-ding! :wave:
I pray for those who do nothing but pick & choose Bible verses to debate/refute that. How sad.

First of all you are using the term "friend" rather freely here...

Secondly God does punish the wicked, and who is to say that God didn't save some good people from these recent natural disasters?

Righteousness (faithfulness or truthfulness) is the aspect of God's character which requires Him to be true to Himself. To be true to His nature, God must punish sin. Ps 92:7
It is good that God punishes sin and good means good.

psalms 92 7. that though the wicked spring up like grass and all evildoers flourish, they will be forever destroyed. 8.

Psalms 97:10 - Let those who love the LORD hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.

For someone so chastizing of others opinions I think you have a little more studying to do and perhaps some reflection on what you read.

Upvote 0

PorcelainHeart

Love me for me
Aug 22, 2005
The island
✟25,818.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It hurts me when say GOD punishes us by sending us hurricanes. They are a very horrible experience and I don't think God would truly hurt people like that. It also hurts my feelings when people say I must suffer because I'm american. I don't think christians know how hurtful it is when they say hurricanes are judgement of GOD. Americans aren't the only sinful people. There is sin everywhere and not just in the U.S. We are no different then any other country. If God was after sinful countries he would go for japan, england, and every country in the world. The people who say Lord punishes us with hurricanes, don't understand the pain and misery of them. If God is like that I guess he isn't too loving. I take it to heart when someone says that to me, especially after I went through a little of Rita. God was my only hope, and I don't want to think he caused me so much pain because of others sin or because I'm an american. Please, watch what you guys say about hurricanes. It's a very hard thing for people to face. We don't need to be hearing how we deserve it for our sins. I was in tears after reading what some people say why we get those hurricanes. Do you understand it? If God's judgement is for me to lose my dog, my home, my mom, and my stuff then I don't know what to think. The stress of Rita almosted killed my mom, she had a heart attack she can't handle the stress of hurricanes that much. She almost died from all this. I wish people would be more kind towards people getting hurricanes.

Upvote 0

revelations12_12

Jedi Sentinal
Feb 15, 2005
Oregon
✟4,432.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Marmaladegirl22 said:
It hurts me when say GOD punishes us by sending us hurricanes. They are a very horrible experience and I don't think God would truly hurt people like that. It also hurts my feelings when people say I must suffer because I'm american. I don't think christians know how hurtful it is when they say hurricanes are judgement of GOD. Americans aren't the only sinful people. There is sin everywhere and not just in the U.S. We are no different then any other country. If God was after sinful countries he would go for japan, england, and every country in the world. The people who say Lord punishes us with hurricanes, don't understand the pain and misery of them. If God is like that I guess he isn't too loving. I take it to heart when someone says that to me, especially after I went through a little of Rita. God was my only hope, and I don't want to think he caused me so much pain because of others sin or because I'm an american. Please, watch what you guys say about hurricanes. It's a very hard thing for people to face. We don't need to be hearing how we deserve it for our sins.

Actually there are other countries being affected, on Oct 5th a massive earth quake struck india killing over 50,000 people.

Last year there was a tsunami in indonesia that killed hundreds of thousands of people.

Upvote 0