United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Hi queller,

Well, I likely misunderstood your post then, if you mean that all christian websites generally run conservative. I would agree that usually, based on what's allowed in the world at large, that christian sites do run to the conservative side of what's understood as acceptable behavior. I thought that you were comparing this christian sites to other christian sites, and in that regard, I'm not sure I'd qualify CF as particularly conservative. Some religious sites, I'm sure, run more conservative. There are factions of the muslim faith where it's considered 'conservative' that women have few rights as compared to their men folk. Certainly most hasidic jewish sites are likely more conservative than CF.

I would also point out that here on CF you actually find the gamut of practices and understandings of the christian faith that run from starkly conservative to openly liberal in their various theologies.

So, you may chalk this up to misunderstanding the intentions of your post.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
No problem. I would tend to agree that compared to most Christian websites, Christian Forums is definitely on the more progressive side of things. I mean, compared to a website like CARM for instance, Christian Forums is screamingly progressive. But as compared to the internet as a whole, they're still pretty conservative, as one should expect.

Upvote 0