manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With what this country spends in one half of one day we could build the wall.

Seems a small price to pay.

Just the other day I believe Nancy Pelosi agreed to give five times this amount to foreign countries.

Let's keep some of that money at home for protection.

M-Bob
this is a good verse to consider regarding aid and if the west deserves all the wealth to themselves.
Ezekiel 16:49-50
49 “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems that the majority are saying this is the fault of the Democrats. Once again I stand with the majority.
M-Bob

Hi MM,

You and Trump must be related. Or you must at least be a proud graduate of Trump University.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
IMMIGRATION FACTS

- illegal immigrants do not commit crimes at a higher rate, rather they commit crimes at half to a fifth of the rate of United States citizens

- the likelihood of being killed by gun violence is much higher than being killed by an illegal immigrant. Almost 13,000 people die per year from such attacks; conversely, the probability of being killed by an illegal immigrant is less than 1 in 3.6 million

- the approximately 12 million illegal immigrants currently in the country add much to our country’s well-being and their removal would be short sighted—based on illogical sentiment and racially motivated

- if just 7 million illegal immigrants were removed the United States’ GDP would decrease by $4.7 trillion or 2.6% over 10 years. Furthermore, because of their undocumented status, these illegal immigrants don’t benefit from social programs like social security

- first generation immigrants cost the United States economy roughly $50 billion, the second generation adds $32 billion, and the third generation contributes over $320 billion

Deciphering the Unintelligible: Trump's Immigration Policy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
cg56ef55b5ce721.jpg

Poll is 50 50 support for wall.

Let's give Trump half his wall
AND MOVE ON TO OTHER THINGS!

They act as if the wall
is the end of the world.

Goats say -- it ain't.

M-Bob
Given that the Mitch McConnell and the Republican majority in the Senates chose to play "hardball" by depriving President Obama of his constitutional right to nominate a Supreme Court nominee (Merrick Garland) in 2016, why should the Democratic majority in the House now be expected to renege on their election promise to oppose funding "THE WALL," just to extricate "The Donald" from an impasse of his own making?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

They act as if the wall
is the end of the world.

Goats say -- it ain't.

M-Bob

Hi MM,

Any chance you'd give us a link to your poll?

As of 1/13/19 the Washington Examiner reports that the support level for the wall is at its highest its ever been at 42%. 54% oppose.

According to Pew 56% oppose 'substantially' expanding the present wall.

There was a report in 'The Hill' that was a purely op-ed piece that questioned the reliability of Pew research, but they didn't have any answers for the other polls that show pretty similar findings. They also didn't back their story up with any actual polling data that they felt supported their 'opinion' piece. They just called into question some of the metrics of the Pew poll.

The Washington Post claims that most Americans don't want a border wall and included in their article the various metrics used in their polling.

ABC ran an article a couple of days ago that 'more people support the wall', but when you read the article that just means that support is only up to 42% vs. the 37% in polls taken 2 years ago.

Huffington Post makes the claim that there has not yet been a poll that showed majority support for the wall.

The Star Telegram in Fort Worth TX says that Texans are not anywhere near a majority of supporters and they're the people that will have to deal with the lion's share of the wall. Now, I'm going to do a bit of preemptive damage control here because the Star Telegram article does mention in the end that a lot of the ranchers that are along the border supported the Democratic candidate. However, let's all remember that while President Trump, and it would seem many on this site have some hatred for Democrats, they are Americans and their thoughts, ideas and opinions count just as much as any Republican's. They have as much right to be included in the Democratic process of deciding the direction that our nation should go as anyone else. I give that same freedom of thoughts, ideas and opinion to all Republicans also.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not.

As I've pointed out elsewhere, the wall is neither needed (it won't eliminate the immigration problems we currently face and on't stem illegal drugs) nor wanted - even by border agents. It's Captain Ahab hunting his white whale except worse, because it's based on a lie: that Mexico would pay for a wall that was never necessary in the first place.
Ringo

• Agree
Reactions: miamited
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi MM,

Any chance you'd give us a link to your poll?

As of 1/13/19 the Washington Examiner reports that the support level for the wall is at its highest its ever been at 42%. 54% oppose.

According to Pew 56% oppose 'substantially' expanding the present wall.

There was a report in 'The Hill' that was a purely op-ed piece that questioned the reliability of Pew research, but they didn't have any answers for the other polls that show pretty similar findings. They also didn't back their story up with any actual polling data that they felt supported their 'opinion' piece. They just called into question some of the metrics of the Pew poll.

The Washington Post claims that most Americans don't want a border wall and included in their article the various metrics used in their polling.

ABC ran an article a couple of days ago that 'more people support the wall', but when you read the article that just means that support is only up to 42% vs. the 37% in polls taken 2 years ago.

Huffington Post makes the claim that there has not yet been a poll that showed majority support for the wall.

The Star Telegram in Fort Worth TX says that Texans are not anywhere near a majority of supporters and they're the people that will have to deal with the lion's share of the wall. Now, I'm going to do a bit of preemptive damage control here because the Star Telegram article does mention in the end that a lot of the ranchers that are along the border supported the Democratic candidate. However, let's all remember that while President Trump, and it would seem many on this site have some hatred for Democrats, they are Americans and their thoughts, ideas and opinions count just as much as any Republican's. They have as much right to be included in the Democratic process of deciding the direction that our nation should go as anyone else. I give that same freedom of thoughts, ideas and opinion to all Republicans also.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Hi Ted
Sure, I'm talking about the Poll right here on this thread.
M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others

Attachments

• photos.medleyphoto.7522283.JPG
    photos.medleyphoto.7522283.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Haha
Reactions: miamited
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Ted
Sure, I'm talking about the Poll right here on this thread.
M-Bob

HI MM,

Ahhh, good laugh. I doubt anyone considers a poll of 41 people a valid representative sample of the national norm.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Reactions: Queller
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HI MM,

Ahhh, good laugh. I doubt anyone considers a poll of 41 people a valid representative sample of the national norm.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Works here Ted works here and I assume you voted and hope you didn't vote twice.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Yes... but, they are 'actual citizens' who have the right to disapprove, be it right or wrong thinking.
But they meet your standard of people waving a foreign flag not acting like they want to bend in.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others

They act as if the wall
is the end of the world.

Goats say -- it ain't.

M-Bob
Where did you get those numbers?

Trump doubles down on border wall, as polls show voters turning against his shutdown strategy

From the article:

"An earlier Washington Post-ABC News poll also found more Americans blame Trump and the Republicans than the Democrats over the stalemate -- though the same survey showed support for a wall growing to 42 percent, up from 34 percent a year ago."

Key number in bold.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Where did you get those numbers?

Trump doubles down on border wall, as polls show voters turning against his shutdown strategy

From the article:

"An earlier Washington Post-ABC News poll also found more Americans blame Trump and the Republicans than the Democrats over the stalemate -- though the same survey showed support for a wall growing to 42 percent, up from 34 percent a year ago."

Key number in bold.

Please track our local poll held right here on site top of this thread.

In the past I have found them to be pretty close to the General Public out there.

And that's amazing!

M-Bob

Upvote 0