Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Anyone have any experience with these?
Williams Diopter Rear Sight for 11mm Dovetails - 5D-AG - 70809

$_12.JPG

I have recently ordered one of these for my Norinco JW-15, and am awaiting it's arrival. The rear sight dovetail on the barrel is an odd size, so I could find nothing to replace it with that would not require a lot of hand work. By mounting this on the scope dove-tail, I figure I get a target grade sight and a longer sight radius at the same time.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks!

Mark

favoritetoyisjoy

Nov 12, 2004
✟21,661.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've had a 5D on a Model 94 Winchester 30-30 for 25 years. I like aperture sights so it has worked very well for me. I use a Marble 1/16" Ivory bead insert on the original front sight ramp. Couldn't be happier except for the fact that these days my older eyes work better with scopes than irons.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟828,231.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I've had a 5D on a Model 94 Winchester 30-30 for 25 years. I like aperture sights so it has worked very well for me. I use a Marble 1/16" Ivory bead insert on the original front sight ramp. Couldn't be happier except for the fact that these days my older eyes work better with scopes than irons.

Thanks for the suggestion; I do need a higher vis sight; and more visible as well. I am debating building a new ramp and putting a target globe (have one) on it or drilling and taping using and using a small diameter rear shotgun sight on top of the ramp; shimming up my existing sight and putting a dot of silver solder on the top of it's face, or buying a taller ramp and a high vis dovetail sight to go in it. I need to get the peep mounted, then compare sight vertical alignment with a height gauge; then, I will have a starting point.

Upvote 0